|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granny say she dreamed about?
(a) A blue sky.
(d) A baby.
2. What is Doon's father's job?
(a) He works for the mayor.
(b) He works on the generator.
(c) He runs the Small Items shop.
(d) He keeps the town's clock running.
3. What does Lina say is the biggest difference between her home and that of Mrs. Murdo?
(a) Mrs. Murdo's has three doors.
(b) Mrs. Murdo's is neater.
(c) Mrs. Murdo's is bigger.
(d) Mrs. Murdo's is on the third floor.
4. What does the mayor do to try to make his words heard by the crowd gathered for the meeting?
(a) Stands on a roof.
(b) Yells really loudly.
(c) Has a woman shout out his messages.
(d) Uses a megaphone.
5. What color is Poppy's jacket?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
2. What is Lina's first step toward trying to solve the mystery of the note?
3. What happens when Doon tries to write on the lid of one of the boxes?
4. What is one of the things Lina likes about Doon?
5. Where do Doon and Lina find the key to the door?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)