|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book Doon finds, what is a "hog"?
(a) The writer says it's a large animal.
(b) The writer says it's the source of bacon.
(c) The writer says it's a dirty animal.
(d) The writer of the book doesn't know.
2. What does Lina believe the instructions say a person should do in the Pipeworks?
(b) Find a boat.
(c) Repair the generator.
(d) Look for a door.
3. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
(a) Miss Rose.
(b) Miss. Thorn.
(c) Miss Harrow.
(d) Miss Mayfleet.
4. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
(a) A warm breeze.
(b) The constant earthquakes.
(c) Bitter cold.
(d) The rumble of the river.
5. What did the seventh mayor die of?
(a) The book doesn't say.
(b) Coughing sickness.
(c) He fell and broke his neck.
(d) Radiation poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "egress" mean, according to Clary?
2. Where are the citizens of Ember asked to gather for a public meeting?
3. Who does Nammy Proggs say fixes broken things at her house?
4. What is the first thing Lina wants to do once they figure out how to light a candle?
5. Why does Doon say they are telling the chief guard about the mayor's thefts?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)