|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message Lina carries repeatedly the day after the blackout?
(a) That someone should find a way out of Ember.
(b) That no one is to blame for the blackouts.
(c) That the blackout lasted seven minutes.
(d) That everyone believes the mayor should be fired.
2. What did the seventh mayor die of?
(a) The book doesn't say.
(b) Coughing sickness.
(c) He fell and broke his neck.
(d) Radiation poisoning.
3. What does Lina do with the message she writes to the mayor?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Gives it to the mayor.
(c) Leaves it at the guard's desk.
(d) Gives it to a guard.
4. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
(a) The chief of the guards.
(b) Lina's grandmother.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The timekeeper.
5. What is Arlin Froll's job?
(a) She's a very fast messenger.
(b) She's the head of the mayor's guards.
(c) She's an expert electrician.
(d) She's an expert in the pipeworks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
2. What is the Believer's flute made of?
3. Who is Poppy?
4. What time does Lizzie get off work?
5. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)