|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
(a) Miss. Thorn.
(b) Miss Harrow.
(c) Miss Mayfleet.
(d) Miss Rose.
2. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
(a) That she can jump down six steps at a time.
(b) That she can jump a large hedge.
(c) That she can climb a lightpole.
(d) That she can cartwheel over a small wall.
3. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She believes they'll travel down the river.
(b) She says there might be a door somewhere.
(c) She believes they need to build it.
(d) She belives they need to climb.
4. What does the mayor do to try to make his words heard by the crowd gathered for the meeting?
(a) Uses a megaphone.
(b) Has a woman shout out his messages.
(c) Stands on a roof.
(d) Yells really loudly.
5. What is Doon looking for in the "F" section of the library?
(a) A book about fire.
(b) A book about family.
(c) A book about fungus.
(d) A book about flying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
2. What does Mayor Cole hold in his hand when he arrives in the classroom for Assignment Day?
3. Who does Captain Fleery believe will show the people of Ember "the way"?
4. What does Lina figure out is the work on the document that ends with "orks"?
5. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)