|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Granny when Lina gets home from the meeting?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the yarn shop.
(c) At Mrs. Murdo's house.
(d) In the closet.
2. What is the message Lina carries repeatedly the day after the blackout?
(a) That the blackout lasted seven minutes.
(b) That no one is to blame for the blackouts.
(c) That someone should find a way out of Ember.
(d) That everyone believes the mayor should be fired.
3. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
(d) It varies.
4. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
(a) That she can climb a lightpole.
(b) That she can jump down six steps at a time.
(c) That she can jump a large hedge.
(d) That she can cartwheel over a small wall.
5. Which of the reports does Lizzie say she's never allowed to see?
(a) The report for forks.
(b) The report for children's shoes.
(c) The report for canned pineapples.
(d) The report for lightbulbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Poppy done with the paper from inside the beautiful box Granny found?
2. What kind of shop does Lina's grandmother run?
3. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
4. What is Granny doing when Lina gets home?
5. What does Lina figure out is the work on the document that ends with "orks"?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)