|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the citizens of Ember asked to gather for a public meeting?
(a) At the greenhouse.
(b) At Plummer Street.
(c) At the Vegetable Market.
(d) At Harken Square.
2. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She believes they need to build it.
(b) She says there might be a door somewhere.
(c) She believes they'll travel down the river.
(d) She belives they need to climb.
3. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
(a) The chief of the guards.
(b) The timekeeper.
(c) Lina's grandmother.
(d) The mayor.
4. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
(a) The river.
(b) The generator.
(c) Nothing because of the darkness.
(d) A bunch of men, sitting around playing cards.
5. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
(b) It varies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Poppy when Lina finds her?
2. How many times does Granny say she had pineapple before the supply was gone?
3. What does Doon believe are his two possible courses of action?
4. What is Lina's first step toward trying to solve the mystery of the note?
5. Where is Poppy during the town meeting?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)