|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
(a) Nothing because of the darkness.
(b) A bunch of men, sitting around playing cards.
(c) The generator.
(d) The river.
2. What does the old man say when Doon asks how the generator works?
(a) That he doesn't know.
(b) He begins a complicated explanation that Doon doesn't understand.
(c) That it's too complicated for Doon to understand.
(d) That Doon shoud come watch it and try to understand for himself.
3. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She says there might be a door somewhere.
(b) She believes they'll travel down the river.
(c) She believes they need to build it.
(d) She belives they need to climb.
4. What was Lina's father's job before his death?
(a) He was a teacher.
(b) He worked at the greenhouses.
(c) He was a pipeworks laborer.
(d) He ran the yarn shop.
5. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
(a) At least two hundred years.
(b) At least five hundred years.
(c) At least twelve hundred years.
(d) At least a hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
2. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
3. What kind of shop does Lina's grandmother run?
4. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
5. What is Arlin Froll's job?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)