|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
(a) At least two hundred years.
(b) At least a hundred years.
(c) At least five hundred years.
(d) At least twelve hundred years.
2. What does Clary give Lina as Lina is leaving the greenhouse?
(a) A message for Looper.
(b) A bean seed and some soil in a pot.
(c) A hug.
(d) An admonition not to tell anyone about Sadge.
3. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
(a) Miss Harrow.
(b) Miss. Thorn.
(c) Miss Rose.
(d) Miss Mayfleet.
4. What is Arlin Froll's job?
(a) She's an expert electrician.
(b) She's a very fast messenger.
(c) She's an expert in the pipeworks.
(d) She's the head of the mayor's guards.
5. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
(a) Bitter cold.
(b) The rumble of the river.
(c) A warm breeze.
(d) The constant earthquakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
2. What kind of shop does Lina's grandmother run?
3. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
4. What was Lina's father's job before his death?
5. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)