|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shop does Lina's grandmother run?
(a) A clock shop.
(b) A vegetables shop.
(c) A yarn shop.
(d) A small items shop.
2. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
(a) A way to carry light into the darkness.
(b) Something that could help the people.
(d) Another city.
3. What is past the trash heaps?
(a) Store rooms.
(b) The Unknown Regions.
(c) The vegetable gardens.
(d) A huge park for the children.
4. Where did the box with the instructions end up when a mayor died?
(a) In the warehouse.
(b) At the back of a closet.
(c) In a locked desk drawer.
(d) In the dump.
5. What does Mayor Cole hold in his hand when he arrives in the classroom for Assignment Day?
(a) A silver cup.
(b) A gold box.
(c) A wooden bowl.
(d) A cloth bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
2. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
3. Where does Sadge work?
4. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
5. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)