|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
(a) Put them at the back of a warehouse so they'll be found when supplies run low.
(b) Put them in a hidden place so someone will stumble on them.
(c) Put them in a box with a timed lock.
(d) Put them in a box with a date.
2. What is Doon's father's job?
(a) He keeps the town's clock running.
(b) He runs the Small Items shop.
(c) He works for the mayor.
(d) He works on the generator.
3. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
(a) Lina's grandmother.
(b) The chief of the guards.
(c) The timekeeper.
(d) The mayor.
4. Where did the box with the instructions end up when a mayor died?
(a) At the back of a closet.
(b) In a locked desk drawer.
(c) In the warehouse.
(d) In the dump.
5. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
(a) Creatures of Ember.
(b) Doon's Book.
(c) It doesn't have a name.
(d) Crawling and Flying Things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
2. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
3. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
4. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
5. What is Arlin Froll's job?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)