|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She believes they need to build it.
(b) She says there might be a door somewhere.
(c) She belives they need to climb.
(d) She believes they'll travel down the river.
2. Where does Doon live?
(a) In a house near the greenhouses.
(b) In a tiny shack near one of the parks.
(c) In an apartment over his father's shop.
(d) In an apartment next to the mayor's office.
3. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
(a) Apple juice.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A drink of water.
4. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
(a) Something that could help the people.
(c) A way to carry light into the darkness.
(d) Another city.
5. What does Mayor Cole hold in his hand when he arrives in the classroom for Assignment Day?
(a) A gold box.
(b) A silver cup.
(c) A cloth bag.
(d) A wooden bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
2. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
3. Where does Sadge work?
4. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
5. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)