|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
(a) Miss Rose.
(b) Miss Mayfleet.
(c) Miss Harrow.
(d) Miss. Thorn.
2. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
(a) The rumble of the river.
(b) The constant earthquakes.
(c) A warm breeze.
(d) Bitter cold.
3. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
(a) At least twelve hundred years.
(b) At least two hundred years.
(c) At least five hundred years.
(d) At least a hundred years.
4. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
(a) That she can jump a large hedge.
(b) That she can jump down six steps at a time.
(c) That she can climb a lightpole.
(d) That she can cartwheel over a small wall.
5. What does Mayor Cole hold in his hand when he arrives in the classroom for Assignment Day?
(a) A wooden bowl.
(b) A gold box.
(c) A silver cup.
(d) A cloth bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
2. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
3. What is Clary's job?
4. Where does Sadge work?
5. Who is Poppy?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)