|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
(a) Alone in the shop.
(b) Asleep in Lina's bed.
(c) Alone in the apartment.
(d) Lost in the street.
2. What does Mayor Cole hold in his hand when he arrives in the classroom for Assignment Day?
(a) A cloth bag.
(b) A wooden bowl.
(c) A silver cup.
(d) A gold box.
3. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
(a) At least five hundred years.
(b) At least two hundred years.
(c) At least twelve hundred years.
(d) At least a hundred years.
4. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
(a) Something that could help the people.
(b) A way to carry light into the darkness.
(c) Another city.
5. Which of the following is a fact taught by the Book of the City of Ember?
(a) That the Builders will someday return for their people.
(b) That Ember is underground.
(c) That God created the universe, including Ember.
(d) That Ember is the only light in a dark world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clary say the guards grab Sadge?
2. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
3. What kind of shop does Lina's grandmother run?
4. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
5. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)