|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clary say the guards grab Sadge?
(a) It's illegal to go into the Unknown Regions.
(b) Sadge is obviously crazy and dangerous.
(c) Sadge is an escaped prisoner.
(d) They'll have fun scaring him.
2. What is past the trash heaps?
(a) Store rooms.
(b) The Unknown Regions.
(c) The vegetable gardens.
(d) A huge park for the children.
3. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
(a) Lost in the street.
(b) Alone in the shop.
(c) Alone in the apartment.
(d) Asleep in Lina's bed.
4. Where does Doon live?
(a) In a tiny shack near one of the parks.
(b) In a house near the greenhouses.
(c) In an apartment over his father's shop.
(d) In an apartment next to the mayor's office.
5. What was Lina's father's job before his death?
(a) He ran the yarn shop.
(b) He worked at the greenhouses.
(c) He was a pipeworks laborer.
(d) He was a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
2. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
3. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
4. How many people had traveled into the Unknown Regions, never to return?
5. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)