|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is past the trash heaps?
(a) The vegetable gardens.
(b) A huge park for the children.
(c) Store rooms.
(d) The Unknown Regions.
2. What was Lina's father's job before his death?
(a) He ran the yarn shop.
(b) He worked at the greenhouses.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was a pipeworks laborer.
3. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
(a) The rumble of the river.
(b) Bitter cold.
(c) A warm breeze.
(d) The constant earthquakes.
4. What does the old man say when Doon asks how the generator works?
(a) That he doesn't know.
(b) That it's too complicated for Doon to understand.
(c) He begins a complicated explanation that Doon doesn't understand.
(d) That Doon shoud come watch it and try to understand for himself.
5. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
(a) It doesn't have a name.
(b) Creatures of Ember.
(c) Crawling and Flying Things.
(d) Doon's Book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people had traveled into the Unknown Regions, never to return?
2. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
3. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
4. Where does Sadge work?
5. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)