|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The chief of the guards.
(c) Lina's grandmother.
(d) The timekeeper.
2. Who is Poppy?
(a) Lina's neice.
(b) An orphan Lina's grandmother took in.
(c) Lina's little sister.
(d) The child of a neighbor, Mrs. Murdo.
3. Why does Clary say the guards grab Sadge?
(a) It's illegal to go into the Unknown Regions.
(b) Sadge is an escaped prisoner.
(c) Sadge is obviously crazy and dangerous.
(d) They'll have fun scaring him.
4. Which of the following is a fact taught by the Book of the City of Ember?
(a) That Ember is the only light in a dark world.
(b) That the Builders will someday return for their people.
(c) That God created the universe, including Ember.
(d) That Ember is underground.
5. What is the first job assigned to a member of Lina and Doon's class?
(a) Electrician's helper.
(b) Greenhouse apprentice.
(c) Supply Depot clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Doon's father's job?
2. What is Clary's job?
3. What is Arlin Froll's job?
4. What does Clary give Lina as Lina is leaving the greenhouse?
5. Where does Sadge work?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)