Instructions through Chapter 2
• The Builders make decisions about the city of Ember, including that instructions for leaving the city will be kept in a locked box and given to each mayor with instructions that it be passed down to the next mayor.
• The seventh mayor becomes ill and believes the key to his cure is in the box, so takes it home and tries to break in.
• The mayor dies and the box is shoved to the back of a closet and forgotten.
• Doon Harrow and Lina Mayfleet are twelve.
• All children of that age draw random assignments for jobs.
• Doon is assigned as messenger and Lina assigned to the Pipeworks.
• Doon says aloud that the city is in trouble, prompting anger from the mayor.
• After the assignment ceremony, Doon asks to trade jobs with Lina, believing he can do something to help save the city.
• Lina is...
This section contains 1,398 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)