|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Borlú ask Corwi to meet him?
2. According to Rodriguez, who recruited Geary to work for them?
3. While in Breach, Borlú is shown video footage of what?
4. Which member of the Oversight Committee is behind the conspiracy?
5. Borlú wonders why Rodriguez does not just do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Borlú get from Dahar Jaris?
2. Who is Yorjavic? What does Borlú learn about him?
3. What does Ashil believe about the origin of the accident? What does Borlú believe about it?
4. What accident interrupts Borlú and Ashil? What is the effect of this accident?
5. After speaking with Buidze, what hypothesis does Borlú develop?
6. Who is Mikhel Buric and what role did he play in the crime?
7. What plan does Borlú make regarding Rodriguez?
8. After regaining consciousness, where does Borlú find himself?
9. How does Borlú walk through the city while out with Ashil?
10. What information does Borlú learn from Buidze?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the significance of the title of the novel. How does the novel’s title reflect the settings, conflicts, and themes?
Essay Topic 2
Seeing (and, by contrast) “unseeing” are both essential concepts to the novel. Explain how these concepts are necessary to daily life and how they influence the novel’s themes.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Beszel and Ul Qoma. How are they the same, and how are they different?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)