|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rodriguez, who recruited Geary to work for them?
(a) The True Citizens.
(c) The university.
(d) The unificationists.
2. As soon as Borlú opens fire on the shooter, what happens?
(a) His phone rings.
(b) The shooter returns fire.
(c) The police arrest him.
(d) Breach takes him.
3. Whom did Ashil blame for the accident?
(c) Ul Qoman Nationalists.
(d) Besz Nationalists.
4. At the end of the novel, what new name is Borlú known by?
5. According to Breach, what does not exist?
(c) The Cleavage.
6. To what library does Borlú take the agent of Breach?
(a) The University Library of Ul Qoma.
(b) The University Library of Orciny.
(c) The University Library of Beszel.
(d) The University Library of Copula Hall.
7. Why does Borlú lose consciousness?
(a) He is hit by a car.
(b) His weapon explodes.
(c) Breach takes him.
(d) He gets shot.
8. How do Borlú and Dhatt plan to get Rodriguez out of the city?
(a) They plan to hide her in the trunk.
(b) They plan to disguise her as a police officer.
(c) They plan to transport her in an ambulance.
(d) They plan to apply for a travel visa.
9. What had happened to Bowden a few weeks before Geary's murder?
(a) He was published in a Besz newspaper.
(b) He was fired.
(c) He was on television.
(d) His apartment was broken into.
10. Borlú tells Breach that he needs what in order to understand the truth about Orciny?
(b) Bowden's notes.
(c) Bol Ye'an records.
(d) Geary's notes.
11. Which member of the Oversight Committee is behind the conspiracy?
(a) Yavid Nyisemu.
(b) Shura Katrinya.
(c) Yorj Syedr.
(d) Mikhel Buric.
12. After losing consciousness, how does Borlú describe the place where he wakes up?
(a) As gray and shapeless.
(b) As a long tunnel.
(c) As full of light.
(d) As loud and boisterous.
13. After losing consciousness, how does Borlú describe the people he sees when he wakes up?
(a) As menacing and mean.
(b) As people-shaped clay.
(c) As tall and insect like.
(d) As happy and kind.
14. What are dissensi?
(a) Places each city claims as its own.
(b) Places off limits to each city.
(c) Places in both cities.
(d) Places in neither city.
15. When Bowden approaches Borlú at Copula Hall, what does he have in his hand?
(a) A copy of his book.
(b) A precursor tool taken from the dig.
(c) A gun.
(d) A visa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Illitan phrase written on the package sent to Bol Ye'an?
2. What does Borlú find inside the library book?
3. Where does Borlú ask Corwi to meet him?
4. What crime did Borlú commit in killing the sniper?
5. According to Rodriguez, what is Bol Ye'an really?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)