|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about the DöplirCaffé?
(a) It is a coffeehouse that exists in neither city and constitutes its own territory.
(b) It is both a Besz and an Ul Qoman coffeehouse, located next to one another and sharing a single name.
(c) It is both a Muslim and a Jewish coffeehouse, located next to one another and sharing a single name.
(d) It is a crosshatched coffeehouse located in both cities simultaneously.
2. When speaking with the owner of the van that transported the victim, what surprising fact does Borlú learn about the van?
(a) The van had just been in a commercial.
(b) The van had been stolen a few days earlier.
(c) The van had been crushed in a junk yard.
(d) The van had just been sold to someone else.
3. According to Borlú's anonymous informant, what is the name of the victim?
4. What is the name Borlú assigns to the victim?
(a) Jane Doe.
(b) Brigette Unknown.
(c) Mariska Unit.
(d) Fulana Detail.
5. Borlú is pleased to find what has been displayed throughout the city?
(a) A flyer listing the police tip line.
(b) Images of good citizens.
(c) Posters attempting to identify the victim.
(d) Warnings against committing crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Late at night, after speaking to the informant, Borlú stares out his apartment window and does what?
2. When the owner of the van is taken to identify his vehicle, he is shocked to see what?
3. After investigators find the van that transported the victim, they discover what inside?
4. Where was the owner of the van on the night of the murder?
5. The pathologist discovers the victim was covered in what odd substance?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)