|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nearby city can be seen from the roof of the Circle headquarters?
2. What are the names of the Circle employees that are building a submersible for Stenton to take to the Marianas Trench?
3. What creature is fed to the shark while visitors on Mae's live feed watch on in Book II?
4. Where does Mae go to eat with Renata, Denise, and Josiah after the governor goes transparent in Book II?
5. What are Fridays referred to at the Circle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Olivia Santos play in the novel?
2. Why does Mae continue working in CE after her transparency?
3. How is the first feeding described at the aquarium that Mae observes in Book II?
4. What leads to Mae's arrest in Book I? Why is she released?
5. Why does Mae worry about her first sexual encounter with Frank?
6. What creatures from the Marianas Trench are introduced in Book II?
7. Why does Annie worry about Kalden?
8. Who is Pete Ramirez and why does Mae meet with him?
9. What announcement does Mae make along with Bailey at the end of Book I?
10. Where does Mae meet Kalden the second time? Where does he take her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the setting of the Circle's campus. How large is the campus? Where is it located in California? What amenities are described on the main campus?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the CircleSocial aspect of Mae's job duties. What is Mae required to do regarding the InnerCircle and OuterCircle? What does each represent? How does this system relate to contemporary society?
Essay Topic 3
Where did Mae grow up? How is this setting described? What does Mae think of her hometown versus her setting near the Circle?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)