|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many spots does Jackie say there are for Ivy League freshmen each year in Book II?
2. For how long has Mae been transparent in the opening of Book II?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
3. What does the "AG" team stand for?
(a) Assisted Guidance.
(b) Assisted Governance.
(c) Articulated Governance.
(d) Additional Guidance.
4. What does Gina come to Mae's desk to teach her about, cutting off Mae's text conversation with Annie about sleeping with Kalden in Book I?
(a) Conversion Rate and Retail Raw.
(b) Service Satisfaction and Surveys.
(c) Social Media and Response.
(d) Elevations and Extractions.
5. What is the title of the large square art piece by a Chinese artist who has been in frequent troubles with his government in Book II?
(a) Walking on Glass Rails to Humanity.
(b) Entering into the Threshold of Truth.
(c) Touching the Stone of Eternity.
(d) Reaching Through for the Good of Humankind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many monitors are on Mae's desk in the CE department in Book II when she returns for periodic work there?
2. Who is the employee of the Circle that planted the camera on the beach, leading to Mae's arrest in Book I?
3. What is Terry's last name?
4. What laws does Stenton describe that give citizens access to meetings, transcripts, and documents at the Ideas Talk in Book I?
5. Where is Annie arriving from via helicopter when the meeting of the world health leaders takes place at the Circle in Book II?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mae's parents seem on her second visit to see them after her father has been covered by Mae's health plan?
2. What is CHAD and what are its benefits?
3. Where does Mae meet Kalden the second time? Where does he take her?
4. What role does Olivia Santos play in the novel?
5. What leads to Mae's arrest in Book I? Why is she released?
6. How does Annie respond to Mae when Mae first finds her after her return from overseas in Book II?
7. What does Mae encounter when she goes home to confront her parents about the blacking out of cameras in Book II?
8. What is PastPerfect and what are its uses?
9. How do Mae's circumstances change after she goes transparent?
10. Why does Mae meet Kalden in the bathroom in Book I and what takes place there?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)