|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the media buyer for a sporting-goods importer in New Jersey that talks to Mae at CE in Book II?
2. What district is Olivia Santos a representative of?
(a) District 9.
(b) District 14.
(c) District 4.
(d) District 12.
3. By what name is Stewart referred at the Ideas Talk by Stenton in Book I?
(a) The Ghost Man.
(b) The Transparent Man.
(c) The Clarified Man.
(d) The Clear Man.
4. Who is the T-shirt distributor from Orlando that asks to be in Mae's professional network in Book II?
5. Where does Gino say he works when he meets Mae and her watchers in Book II?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The Machine Age.
(c) The Old West.
(d) The Renaissance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the thousands of college kids called that have spread themselves across the planet installing cameras in the most remote regions in Book II?
2. How many monitors are on Mae's desk in the CE department in Book II when she returns for periodic work there?
3. How many survey questions does Mae complete on her third day doing them in Book I?
4. How old was Bailey's brother when he came out as gay to his family?
5. The narrator asserts in Book I regarding the transparency program, "By the end of the fifth week, there were" how many "elected officials, from Lincoln to Lahore, who had gone completely clear" (239)?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mae set up for her transparency in Book II?
2. Why does Mae meet Kalden in the bathroom in Book I and what takes place there?
3. Who is Pete Ramirez and why does Mae meet with him?
4. Why does Mae continue working in CE after her transparency?
5. How is duality expressed thematically in The Circle?
6. What does Mae encounter when she goes home to confront her parents about the blacking out of cameras in Book II?
7. What creatures from the Marianas Trench are introduced in Book II?
8. How is the first feeding described at the aquarium that Mae observes in Book II?
9. Where does Mae meet Kalden the second time? Where does he take her?
10. Why does Mae worry about her first sexual encounter with Frank?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)