|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mae and Annie await Stenton's Ideas Talk in Book I?
(a) The Great Room of King Arthur's Circle.
(b) The Great Room of the Enlightenment.
(c) The Circle Lobby.
(d) The Renaissance Room.
2. What does Bailey use as a metaphor in describing the Circle and the truth versus secrets in his meeting with Mae in Book I?
(a) An aquarium.
(b) A desert.
(c) A broken mirror.
(d) A forest.
3. How many SeeChange cameras does the narrator say are now functional and accessible across the world in the beginning of Book II?
(a) Over 2 billion.
(b) Over 50 million.
(c) Over 3 billion.
(d) Over 100 million.
4. How much of Washington has gone transparent in the beginning of Book II?
5. How many followers on her Zing feed does Mae have in the beginning of Book II?
(a) 6.2 million.
(b) 3.5 million.
(c) 2.1 million.
(d) 1.5 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the SeeChange cameras are installed in Mae's pod when they are first introduced at the Circle?
2. What is the name of the initiative that Mae's friend Tania asks her to support in Book I?
3. Where is Frank at a conference when Olivia Santos comes to address the employees at the Circle?
4. What nearby city can be seen from the roof of the Circle headquarters?
5. How many survey questions does Mae complete on her second day doing them in Book I?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the Sahara Desert in the novel?
2. What leads to Mae's arrest in Book I? Why is she released?
3. Why does Mae continue working in CE after her transparency?
4. Why does Mae meet Kalden in the bathroom in Book I and what takes place there?
5. Who is Pete Ramirez and why does Mae meet with him?
6. Why does Annie worry about Kalden?
7. What aspects of her job does Gina introduce Mae to in Book I?
8. What announcement does Mae make along with Bailey at the end of Book I?
9. What role does Olivia Santos play in the novel?
10. Whom does Mae interview on the day of the meeting of medical professionals at the Circle?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)