|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mae go to eat with Renata, Denise, and Josiah after the governor goes transparent in Book II?
(a) The Glass Eatery.
(b) The Renaissance Room.
(c) The West End.
(d) The White Horse.
2. How many fully-equipped apartments at the Circle are reserved for musicians in Book II?
3. What is the name of the anti-kidnapping program developed by Frank?
4. Where is Annie when Mae texts her about her second sexual encounter with Kalden?
5. Who is the T-shirt distributor from Orlando that asks to be in Mae's professional network in Book II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ranking score that refers to an employee's social interactions at the Circle?
2. How much is the grant for that the Department of Education has granted to the Circle in Book II?
3. Who is called when Mae is arrested for "borrowing" the kayak in Book I?
4. Where does Mae spot Kalden during the celebration for Olivia Santos in Book I?
5. What is the name of Marie's son whom Mae meets in Book II?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mae encounter when she goes home to confront her parents about the blacking out of cameras in Book II?
2. How is the progression of Bailey's Gang of 40 meeting in Book II described?
3. Why does Mae worry about her first sexual encounter with Frank?
4. Where does Mae meet Kalden the second time? Where does he take her?
5. What is the significance of the Sahara Desert in the novel?
6. Who is Pete Ramirez and why does Mae meet with him?
7. Whom does Mae interview on the day of the meeting of medical professionals at the Circle?
8. Why does Mae meet Kalden in the bathroom in Book I and what takes place there?
9. How does Annie respond to Mae when Mae first finds her after her return from overseas in Book II?
10. How is Mae set up for her transparency in Book II?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)