|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older is Annie than Mae?
(a) Four years older.
(b) Two years older.
(c) One year older.
(d) Three years older.
2. What is the name of the wing of the Circle's campus for Customer Experience?
(a) The Victorian Era.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) The Renaissance.
(d) The Old West.
3. Who is the notary at the Circle that visits May on her second day?
4. How much is Mae's student loan debt when she begins working at the Cicle?
5. What lines the walls of the first cubicle that Renata takes Mae to at the Circle?
(a) Pink tulle.
(b) Blue burlap.
(c) Gray burlap.
(d) White plasterboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Eamon Bailey's house from the Circle?
2. What are the names of the harbor seals that the couple on the barge describe to Mae in Book I?
3. What kind of brunch did Alistair host that Mae did not attend?
4. What does Josiah say paper is in Book I?
5. Who was Mae's boss at the public utiility office where she previously worked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Frank and how does Mae meet him?
2. Describe the character of Mae as she is introduced in the beginning of the novel. What are Mae's circumstances as the story begins?
3. What is CircleSocial and what are its subcategories?
4. What is symbolized by the glass walls in the offices of the Circle's campus?
5. In what department does Mae begin working at the Circle? What are her duties?
6. Why does Mae find it to be surprising that Annie has become a member of the Gang of 40?
7. Who is Mercer and what is his relationship to Mae?
8. How do Mercer and Mae differ in their perceptions of technology and the internet?
9. Who is Senator Williams and what threat does she pose to the Circle?
10. How is Dr. Villalobas described and how does Mae meet her?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)