|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older is Annie than Mae?
(a) One year older.
(b) Two years older.
(c) Three years older.
(d) Four years older.
2. What does Josiah say paper is in Book I?
(a) The destruction of the environment.
(b) The death of communication.
(c) A masterpiece of history.
(d) Dead trees.
3. Who was Mae's boss at the public utiility office where she previously worked?
4. How long ago does Mae say she went to Lisbon in Book I?
(a) Two years ago.
(b) Five years ago.
(c) Six years ago.
(d) Seven years ago.
5. How many employees work at the main campus of the Circle where Mae begins working in Book I?
(a) Over 15,000.
(b) Over 10,000.
(c) Over 20,000.
(d) About 4,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Annie's last name?
2. Who is the senator that announces his intentions to break up the Circle in Book I?
3. What does Frank drink to unwind after the workday?
4. What sport does Mae enjoy participating in?
5. Where did Mae attend college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the Ideas Talk that Mae attends with Frank in Book I?
2. Who is Alistair and how does Mae first meet him?
3. Why does Mae find it to be surprising that Annie has become a member of the Gang of 40?
4. Who is Mercer and what is his relationship to Mae?
5. What is CircleSocial and what are its subcategories?
6. Who is Frank and how does Mae meet him?
7. How does the narrator describe Mae and Annie's history in Book I?
8. How do Mercer and Mae differ in their perceptions of technology and the internet?
9. How does the narrator describe the couple Mae meets on their barge in Book I?
10. Who is Senator Williams and what threat does she pose to the Circle?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)