|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms are currently at the company dorms when Mae begins work at the Circle?
2. What lines the walls of the first cubicle that Renata takes Mae to at the Circle?
(a) Gray burlap.
(b) Pink tulle.
(c) Blue burlap.
(d) White plasterboard.
3. What is Mae's hometown?
4. Who is the original Wise Man at the Circle?
(a) Tom Stenton.
(b) Tyl Gospodinov.
(c) Eamon Bailey.
(d) Jack Rochester.
5. Where is Eamon Bailey originally from?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mae attend college?
2. What is Mae's satisfaction score at the end of her first day working with customers at the Circle?
3. What percentage of the search market does the Circle control?
4. How many employees work at the main campus of the Circle where Mae begins working in Book I?
5. Where has Frank hidden wine at the company party when Mae meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Mae and Annie's history in Book I?
2. What happens at the Ideas Talk that Mae attends with Frank in Book I?
3. Describe the character of Mae as she is introduced in the beginning of the novel. What are Mae's circumstances as the story begins?
4. What project at the Circle relates to the Marianas Trench?
5. How does the narrator describe the couple Mae meets on their barge in Book I?
6. Why does Mae find it to be surprising that Annie has become a member of the Gang of 40?
7. Who are the Three Wise Men at the Circle and what are their positions?
8. How is Dr. Villalobas described and how does Mae meet her?
9. Who is Senator Williams and what threat does she pose to the Circle?
10. Why has Mae's father had a difficult time dealing with his insurance company in Book I?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)