|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mae's unit leader when she begins working at the Circle?
2. What band is playing at the Colony when Frank and Mae go out for the first time?
(a) The Creamers.
(b) The Violent Femmes.
(c) The Wildcats.
(d) The Ranchers.
3. What is the name of the system developed by the Circle that aims to make currency obsolete?
4. Who is the original Wise Man at the Circle?
(a) Eamon Bailey.
(b) Jack Rochester.
(c) Tyl Gospodinov.
(d) Tom Stenton.
5. Where has Frank hidden wine at the company party when Mae meets him?
(a) The jacuzzi.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A ditch.
(d) The rooftop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mae become upset about her sexual encounter with Frank in Book I?
2. What is in the center of the room in the secret chamber that Annie shows Mae in the library?
3. Who does Mae see at the clinic at the Circle in Book I?
4. What type of fruit does Kalden give Mae after they leave the circus?
5. Who conducts the special program that Denise convinces Mae to participate in, in Book I?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what department does Mae begin working at the Circle? What are her duties?
2. Who are the Three Wise Men at the Circle and what are their positions?
3. What is CircleSocial and what are its subcategories?
4. Who is Mercer and what is his relationship to Mae?
5. What happens at the Ideas Talk that Mae attends with Frank in Book I?
6. Who is Alistair and how does Mae first meet him?
7. How is the campus of the Circle described? Where is it located?
8. How do Mercer and Mae differ in their perceptions of technology and the internet?
9. How does the narrator describe Mae and Annie's history in Book I?
10. How does Mae initially meet Kalden? How is this meeting described?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)