|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older is Annie than Mae?
(a) Three years older.
(b) One year older.
(c) Four years older.
(d) Two years older.
2. What percentage of the free-mail market does the Circle control?
3. What type of fruit does Kalden give Mae after they leave the circus?
(a) A pomegranite.
(b) An apple.
(c) An orange.
(d) A lemon.
4. Where did Annie earn her MBA?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) Brown University.
5. What type of wine is served at the company party after Mae's first day at the Circle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mae's father?
2. What is Mae's hometown?
3. Who is Mae's team leader that interviewed her three times for the job at the Circle?
4. What book does Annie move in the library to reveal a secret passage?
5. Who is the original Wise Man at the Circle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Mae as she is introduced in the beginning of the novel. What are Mae's circumstances as the story begins?
2. How does the narrator describe the couple Mae meets on their barge in Book I?
3. Why does Mae find it to be surprising that Annie has become a member of the Gang of 40?
4. How is the setting of the welcoming party described on Mae's first day at the Circle?
5. Who is Alistair and how does Mae first meet him?
6. What is symbolized by the glass walls in the offices of the Circle's campus?
7. What does Mae discover when she rushes home after her father's collapse in Book I?
8. How does the narrator describe Mae and Annie's history in Book I?
9. Who is Senator Williams and what threat does she pose to the Circle?
10. How does Mae help her parents with their insurance struggles?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)