|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Terry's last name?
2. Why is Mae's parents' house under surveillance by SeeChange cameras in Book II?
(a) Because they are both on parole.
(b) As a condition of Mae working at the Circle.
(c) Because they are under the witness protection program.
(d) As a condition of her father's medical treatment.
3. What is the name of Marie's son whom Mae meets in Book II?
4. Approximately how many of the survey questions does Pete Ramirez suggest Mae should complete in a day when he sets her up with her headset?
5. What has the ChildTrack program been renamed in Book II?
6. What does the narrator describe as "everyone's favorite project" at the Circle in Book I (237)?
(a) Creating the transparency of customers.
(b) Counting the sands of the Sahara Desert.
(c) Soliciting online sales.
(d) The submarine to delve into the Marianas Trench.
7. What is the ranking score that refers to an employee's social interactions at the Circle?
8. In what wing of the Circle's headquarters is Mae going to see a model of the elimination of physical money in Book II?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Edwardian Era.
(c) The Victorian Era.
(d) The Napoleonic Era.
9. Where does Jackie say the YouthRank program has been tested the past few months in Book II?
10. The governor of what state goes transparent before Mae and her watchers in Book II?
(a) North Carolina.
11. What does Bailey use as a metaphor in describing the Circle and the truth versus secrets in his meeting with Mae in Book I?
(a) A forest.
(b) A desert.
(c) A broken mirror.
(d) An aquarium.
12. How much is the grant for that the Department of Education has granted to the Circle in Book II?
(a) $3 billion.
(b) $1 billion.
(c) $2 million.
13. Where do the world health and insurance leaders go for meetings when they arrive in Book II?
(a) The Holycampus.
(b) The Oxycampus.
(c) The Megacampus.
(d) The Hippocampus.
14. Where does Gino say he works when he meets Mae and her watchers in Book II?
(a) The Old West.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The Middle Ages.
(d) The Machine Age.
15. Who is the woman that appears to feed Stenton's shark in Book II?
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old is Olivia Santos described as when she is introduced at the Ideas Talk in Book I?
2. What does "CHAD" stand for in the novel?
3. Where does Annie say she was while working on a program called PastPerfect in Book II?
4. What is Mae's average of unique visitors to her live footage on any given day, according to the narrator in the beginning of Book II?
5. In what sport did Jackie participate in the Olympics?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)