|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman that appears to feed Stenton's shark in Book II?
2. Who painted the portrait of the Three Wise Men that hangs in the library at the Circle?
(a) Bailey's niece.
(b) Bailey's daughter.
(c) Stenton's daughter.
(d) Stenton's son.
3. The governor of what state goes transparent before Mae and her watchers in Book II?
(d) North Carolina.
4. What is the title of the large square art piece by a Chinese artist who has been in frequent troubles with his government in Book II?
(a) Entering into the Threshold of Truth.
(b) Walking on Glass Rails to Humanity.
(c) Reaching Through for the Good of Humankind.
(d) Touching the Stone of Eternity.
5. By what name is Stewart referred at the Ideas Talk by Stenton in Book I?
(a) The Clarified Man.
(b) The Clear Man.
(c) The Transparent Man.
(d) The Ghost Man.
6. What is the name of Marie's son whom Mae meets in Book II?
7. What is the name of the rental shop where Mae rents kayaks to go into the bay?
(a) Maiden's Voyages.
(b) Marion's Voyages.
(c) Martin's Voyages.
(d) Deep Sea Bay Rafts.
8. Where does Gino say he works when he meets Mae and her watchers in Book II?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Machine Age.
(c) The Old West.
(d) The Middle Ages.
9. What are Fridays referred to at the Circle?
(a) Departure Friday.
(b) Dream Friday.
(c) Super Friday.
(d) Last Friday.
10. How many child abductions does Francis say have occurred nationwide since the child tracking program has been initiated in Book II?
11. What is the ranking score that refers to an employee's social interactions at the Circle?
12. By what name are the Circlers called that have relocated to live on the campus?
13. Why is Mae's parents' house under surveillance by SeeChange cameras in Book II?
(a) Because they are under the witness protection program.
(b) As a condition of her father's medical treatment.
(c) Because they are both on parole.
(d) As a condition of Mae working at the Circle.
14. About how old is Stewart described as being?
15. How old was Bailey's brother when he came out as gay to his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most popular of the signs that have appeared on the Circle's campus in Book II (311)?
2. When did Jackie participate in the Olympics?
3. What is the name of Bailey's son who has cerebral palsy?
4. What district is Olivia Santos a representative of?
5. How many survey questions does Mae complete on her second day doing them in Book I?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)