|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the center of the room in the secret chamber that Annie shows Mae in the library?
(a) A fireman's pole.
(b) A computer.
(c) A metal desk.
(d) A diamond display.
2. Who is Walt's mother?
3. What type of fruit does Kalden give Mae after they leave the circus?
(a) An orange.
(b) An apple.
(c) A lemon.
(d) A pomegranite.
4. What is the name of the program that is a romantic matching service introduced at Innovation Day in Book I?
5. Who is the woman who meets Mae and leads her to her desk on her first day at the Circle?
6. What does Josiah say paper is in Book I?
(a) The destruction of the environment.
(b) A masterpiece of history.
(c) Dead trees.
(d) The death of communication.
7. What percentage of the employees at the Circle are unmarried, according to the speaker at the Innovation Talk in Book I?
8. How many rooms are currently at the company dorms when Mae begins work at the Circle?
9. By what name does Eamon Baily prefer his employees call him?
(a) Papa Bailey.
(b) Papa Eamon.
(c) Uncle Eamon.
(d) Uncle Bailey.
10. What has Mae's father been taken to the hospital in Book I?
(a) He had a stroke.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He had a seizure.
(d) He had an aneurysm.
11. What did Mae earn her degree in while at college?
12. Where is Eamon Bailey originally from?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
13. What kind of brunch did Alistair host that Mae did not attend?
(a) A German brunch.
(b) A Sierras brunch.
(c) A Portugal brunch.
(d) A Italy brunch.
14. Where did Mae attend college?
(a) Cambridge College.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Carleton College.
(d) Berkeley University.
15. How many employees work at the main campus of the Circle where Mae begins working in Book I?
(a) Over 15,000.
(b) Over 20,000.
(c) About 4,000.
(d) Over 10,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the harbor seals that the couple on the barge describe to Mae in Book I?
2. What are the chandeliers made of that Mercer produces at his business?
3. How old is the corporation the Circle when Mae first begins work in Book I?
4. From what disease does Mae's father suffer?
5. Who is the original Wise Man at the Circle?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)