|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
(a) Gathering hay.
(c) Kitchen work.
2. In biology class in Chapter 8, Homer embarrasses his teacher by telling him he has what organs of the sheep and the rabbit mixed up?
3. Wally and Candy double date with Homer and whom in Chapter 6?
(a) Debra Pettigrew.
(b) Mary Agnes.
(c) Grace Lynch.
(d) Alice Bean.
4. Olive and Candy think Wally is alive, but Ray and who think he is dead in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Dr. Larch.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(d) Mary Agnes.
5. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Homer asks some of the women workers about the cider house rules, they explain that who writes the rules every year?
2. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
3. During the war, Candy and Homer work as nurses' aides at the local hospital and one of the nurses they meet there is whom?
4. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 8, Wally is talking about how he wants to be a pilot so he can do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Larch relate to Melony in Chapter 6?
2. What is foreshadowed by Wally's return in Chapter 10?
3. What does Melony do when being chased by two workers in Chapter 7?
4. What leads to the sexual interaction between Grace and Homer in Chapter 7?
5. What takes place on Thanksgiving in Chapter 8? Where is the novel set in this chapter?
6. Who knows or suspects Homer and Candy's secret in Chapter 9?
7. How have Homer's feelings about St. Cloud's changed in Chapter 6?
8. How does Homer view Ray Kendall in Chapter 6? Who does he remind him of?
9. What can Homer see has changed at St. Cloud's in Chapter 9?
10. What is Dr. Larch setting up for the character of Fuzzy Stone in Chapter 7?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)