|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
(b) Gathering hay.
(d) Kitchen work.
3. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind to climb up on to the tin roof of the cider house in Chapter 7?
4. The foreman at what farm sees that Melony picks apples well and tells her to come back in three weeks when the season starts, so she can work for him in Chapter 7?
(a) Owl Farm.
(b) Rolling Hills Farm.
(c) York Farm.
(d) Three Lakes Farm.
5. Dr. Larch goes out of his way to set up a P.O. Box for whom to receive his mail in Chapter 7?
(a) Homer Wells.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Ray Kendall.
(d) Fuzzy Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Dr. Larch in Chapter 10?
2. To what location does Melony purchase a train ticket after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
3. What did Olive Worthington die of in the novel?
4. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
5. The day after the movies is the day that what event takes place in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Larch relate to Melony in Chapter 6?
2. What leads to the sexual interaction between Grace and Homer in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Homer take offense to Dr. Larch's telling him he can have a normal life in Chapter 8?
4. How does Candy establish rules for her relationship with Homer in Chapter 10?
5. How have Homer's feelings about St. Cloud's changed in Chapter 6?
6. Who knows or suspects Homer and Candy's secret in Chapter 9?
7. What does Homer learn about the history of the cider house rules in Chapter 7?
8. What can Homer see has changed at St. Cloud's in Chapter 9?
9. What is symbolic about the trees at the orchard in Chapter 8?
10. How long has Homer been gone from the orphanage in Chapter 6? What is going on at the orphanage?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)