|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes Homer a letter to find out why he hasn't filled out his questionnaire yet in Chapter 8?
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Debra Pettigrew.
2. Where do Candy and Homer go to talk about the fact that they love each other in Chapter 8?
(a) The cider house.
(b) The skating rink.
(c) Ray Kendall's dock.
(d) The Worthington home.
3. Chapter 10 begins how many years later than Chapter 9?
4. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
(a) The pickers.
(c) Ray Kendall.
5. Melony makes up a story about having what which keeps the men from bothering her in Chapter 7?
(a) Mental problems.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A knife in her pocket.
(d) A sexually transmitted disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Agnes tells whom that she saw a van with the Ocean View orchard emblem on it in Chapter 8?
2. Dr. Larch begins going around now and doing what each night in Chapter 7?
3. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
4. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
5. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind, cleaning a big vat in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is foreshadowed by Wally's return in Chapter 10?
2. How have Homer's feelings about St. Cloud's changed in Chapter 6?
3. How does Dr. Larch relate to Melony in Chapter 6?
4. What is foreshadowed in Nurse Caroline's warning in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Homer take offense to Dr. Larch's telling him he can have a normal life in Chapter 8?
6. Who begins to press Dr. Larch toward retirement in Chapter 6?
7. What leads to the sexual interaction between Grace and Homer in Chapter 7?
8. What does Homer learn about the history of the cider house rules in Chapter 7?
9. What is Dr. Larch setting up for the character of Fuzzy Stone in Chapter 7?
10. What is discovered about the behavior of Wally Senior in Chapter 7?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)