|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
(a) Grey's Anatomy.
(b) The Bible.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Jane Eyre.
2. In response to the request of the new board members, Dr. Larch starts writing follow-up descriptions for what in Chapter 7?
(a) Each surgery.
(b) Each abortion.
(c) Each orphan.
(d) Each birth.
3. How old is Dr. Larch in Chapter 10?
4. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
(a) Ray Kendall.
(c) The pickers.
5. Where do Candy and Homer go to talk about the fact that they love each other in Chapter 8?
(a) The cider house.
(b) Ray Kendall's dock.
(c) The Worthington home.
(d) The skating rink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
2. Melony frames a newspaper article about what in Chapter 10?
3. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
4. Dr. Larch thinks Wally Senior has a neurological problem called what in Chapter 7?
5. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Homer learn about the history of the cider house rules in Chapter 7?
2. What is symbolic about the trees at the orchard in Chapter 8?
3. What is symbolized in the coming of spring in Chapter 9?
4. How does Melony's relationship with Lorna parallel her relationship with Homer in Chapter 10?
5. What leads Candy to discover Homer's love for her in Chapter 8?
6. Why does Homer take offense to Dr. Larch's telling him he can have a normal life in Chapter 8?
7. What does Mr. Rose tell Homer about the differences in rules in Chapter 10?
8. What is foreshadowed by Wally's return in Chapter 10?
9. What takes place on Thanksgiving in Chapter 8? Where is the novel set in this chapter?
10. How have Homer's feelings about St. Cloud's changed in Chapter 6?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)