|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
(a) Every five days.
(b) Three times a year.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Every other week.
2. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
(a) An abortion.
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) Hand surgery.
(d) Brain surgery.
3. Olive and Candy think Wally is alive, but Ray and who think he is dead in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Dr. Larch.
(b) Mary Agnes.
(c) Nurse Edna.
4. The night before Wally comes home from the hospital in Chapter 10, Candy tells Homer that no matter what happens, they have to promise to do what?
(a) Never tell Wally.
(b) Tell Wally immediately.
(c) Never tell Ray.
(d) Always share Angel.
5. Homer knows more than his biology teacher about what in Chapter 8?
(a) The neurological system.
(b) The female reproductive system.
(c) The war.
(d) Living in a big city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What orphan from St. Cloud's did Melony once break her collarbone?
2. Who does Homer take to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
3. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
4. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. When Homer opens his wallet in front of the movie theater, the wind blows out what in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is foreshadowed in Nurse Caroline's warning in Chapter 9?
2. What does Mr. Rose tell Homer about the differences in rules in Chapter 10?
3. Why does Homer take offense to Dr. Larch's telling him he can have a normal life in Chapter 8?
4. How does Candy establish rules for her relationship with Homer in Chapter 10?
5. What is discovered about the behavior of Wally Senior in Chapter 7?
6. Who knows or suspects Homer and Candy's secret in Chapter 9?
7. What takes place on Thanksgiving in Chapter 8? Where is the novel set in this chapter?
8. What does Homer learn about the history of the cider house rules in Chapter 7?
9. Where has Melony traveled in Chapter 7? Why?
10. Who begins to press Dr. Larch toward retirement in Chapter 6?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)