|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Grey's Anatomy.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Jane Eyre.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Melony and who are still a couple?
3. Melony frames a newspaper article about what in Chapter 10?
(a) Wally coming home.
(b) A place she would like to visit.
(c) An upcoming election.
(d) The war being over.
4. Homer drops Wally off at Candy's house so they can have a private night together, and Homer picks whom up for a night at the drive-in movie in Chapter 7?
5. From whose coat does Melony steal money before leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Caroline's.
(b) Nurse Edna's.
(c) Mrs. Grogan's.
(d) Olive Worthington's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer notices the majority of the cider house rules have to do with what in Chapter 7?
2. Who keeps honking the horn outside because he needs Homer's help to get his father out of trouble in town in Chapter 7?
3. It takes how long for Homer to write his first letter to Dr. Larch after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
4. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 8, Wally is talking about how he wants to be a pilot so he can do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Melony traveled in Chapter 7? Why?
2. What is symbolized in the coming of spring in Chapter 9?
3. What is foreshadowed by the bombing at Pearl Harbor in Chapter 8?
4. How does Dr. Larch relate to Melony in Chapter 6?
5. What does Homer learn about the history of the cider house rules in Chapter 7?
6. How does Melony's relationship with Lorna parallel her relationship with Homer in Chapter 10?
7. Who begins to press Dr. Larch toward retirement in Chapter 6?
8. How does Candy establish rules for her relationship with Homer in Chapter 10?
9. Who knows or suspects Homer and Candy's secret in Chapter 9?
10. What does Melony do when being chased by two workers in Chapter 7?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)