|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In biology class in Chapter 8, Homer embarrasses his teacher by telling him he has what organs of the sheep and the rabbit mixed up?
2. When Melony gets to Bath, she finds a job working where in Chapter 8?
(a) The cherry orchard.
(b) The shipyards.
(c) The cattle ranch.
(d) The bath houses.
3. On Thanksgiving in Chapter 8, the Worthingtons are hosting the dinner, which includes Candy and whom?
(a) Ray Kendall.
(b) Mr. Rose.
(d) Dr. Larch.
4. In Chapter 10, who has been trying to replace Dr. Larch at the orphanage?
(a) The Governor.
(b) The board of trustees.
(c) The Attorney General.
(d) Nurse Angela.
5. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
(c) Ray Kendall.
(d) The pickers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes Homer a letter to find out why he hasn't filled out his questionnaire yet in Chapter 8?
2. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
3. Dr. Larch begins going around now and doing what each night in Chapter 7?
4. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
5. Wally and Candy double date with Homer and whom in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Homer learn about the history of the cider house rules in Chapter 7?
2. What does Melony do when being chased by two workers in Chapter 7?
3. What is foreshadowed by Wally's return in Chapter 10?
4. What is symbolized in the coming of spring in Chapter 9?
5. What is Dr. Larch setting up for the character of Fuzzy Stone in Chapter 7?
6. What leads to the sexual interaction between Grace and Homer in Chapter 7?
7. How does Homer view Ray Kendall in Chapter 6? Who does he remind him of?
8. Why does Homer take offense to Dr. Larch's telling him he can have a normal life in Chapter 8?
9. What do Homer and Candy discuss on Ray Kendall's dock in Chapter 8?
10. How have Homer's feelings about St. Cloud's changed in Chapter 6?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)