|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
(a) Training the pickers.
(b) Pruning the trees.
(c) Juicing the apples.
(d) Posting the cider house rules.
3. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
(a) In the cider house.
(b) In the Worthington home.
(c) At St. Cloud's.
(d) In Wally's bedroom.
4. Chapter 10 begins how many years later than Chapter 9?
5. Two months after Wally's plane goes down, who returns home in Chapter 3?
(a) Wally's uncle.
(b) Wally's brother.
(c) Dr. Larch.
(d) Three members of his crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps honking the horn outside because he needs Homer's help to get his father out of trouble in town in Chapter 7?
2. The night before Wally goes back to college, Wally talks about being what?
3. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
4. In biology class in Chapter 8, Homer embarrasses his teacher by telling him he has what organs of the sheep and the rabbit mixed up?
5. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who begins to press Dr. Larch toward retirement in Chapter 6?
2. What leads to the sexual interaction between Grace and Homer in Chapter 7?
3. What does Mr. Rose tell Homer about the differences in rules in Chapter 10?
4. What is symbolic about the trees at the orchard in Chapter 8?
5. What do Homer and Candy discuss on Ray Kendall's dock in Chapter 8?
6. How does Melony's relationship with Lorna parallel her relationship with Homer in Chapter 10?
7. How does Homer view Ray Kendall in Chapter 6? Who does he remind him of?
8. What does Homer learn about the history of the cider house rules in Chapter 7?
9. Where has Melony traveled in Chapter 7? Why?
10. How does Dr. Larch relate to Melony in Chapter 6?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)