|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes Homer a letter to find out why he hasn't filled out his questionnaire yet in Chapter 8?
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Debra Pettigrew.
2. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
(a) The barracks.
(b) The cider house.
(c) Wally's room.
(d) The cellar.
3. Who sends a sizable donation to the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Grace Lynch.
(d) Olive Worthington.
4. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
(a) Squatter's mansion.
(b) The cider house.
(c) The hay barn.
(d) Labor camp.
5. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
(c) Ray Kendall.
(d) The pickers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind to climb up on to the tin roof of the cider house in Chapter 7?
2. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
3. The foreman at what farm sees that Melony picks apples well and tells her to come back in three weeks when the season starts, so she can work for him in Chapter 7?
4. When Wally asks Candy to marry him, she says what in Chapter 8?
5. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Homer and Candy discuss on Ray Kendall's dock in Chapter 8?
2. What is foreshadowed by Wally's return in Chapter 10?
3. How does Candy establish rules for her relationship with Homer in Chapter 10?
4. What leads to the sexual interaction between Grace and Homer in Chapter 7?
5. What is symbolic about the trees at the orchard in Chapter 8?
6. Why does Homer take offense to Dr. Larch's telling him he can have a normal life in Chapter 8?
7. How does Homer view Ray Kendall in Chapter 6? Who does he remind him of?
8. What leads Candy to discover Homer's love for her in Chapter 8?
9. How long has Homer been gone from the orphanage in Chapter 6? What is going on at the orphanage?
10. Who knows or suspects Homer and Candy's secret in Chapter 9?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)