|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Candy and Homer go to talk about the fact that they love each other in Chapter 8?
(a) The skating rink.
(b) The Worthington home.
(c) The cider house.
(d) Ray Kendall's dock.
2. Who does Homer send to St. Cloud's to get a job "doing the Lord's work" in Chapter 10?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) Nurse Caroline.
(c) Fuzzy Stone.
(d) Nurse Edna.
3. Dr. Larch thinks Wally Senior has a neurological problem called what in Chapter 7?
(c) Bipolar disorder.
4. What does D and C stand for?
(a) Distribution and commerce.
(b) Dilation and curettage.
(c) Duration and courage.
(d) Duty and courage.
5. The foreman at what farm sees that Melony picks apples well and tells her to come back in three weeks when the season starts, so she can work for him in Chapter 7?
(a) Three Lakes Farm.
(b) Owl Farm.
(c) Rolling Hills Farm.
(d) York Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after the movies is the day that what event takes place in Chapter 8?
2. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
3. In Chapter 10, who has been trying to replace Dr. Larch at the orphanage?
4. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind to climb up on to the tin roof of the cider house in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Melony traveled in Chapter 7? Why?
2. What does Homer learn about the history of the cider house rules in Chapter 7?
3. How does Dr. Larch relate to Melony in Chapter 6?
4. What is foreshadowed in Nurse Caroline's warning in Chapter 9?
5. What does Mr. Rose tell Homer about the differences in rules in Chapter 10?
6. How have Homer's feelings about St. Cloud's changed in Chapter 6?
7. What can Homer see has changed at St. Cloud's in Chapter 9?
8. How long has Homer been gone from the orphanage in Chapter 6? What is going on at the orphanage?
9. What do Homer and Candy discuss on Ray Kendall's dock in Chapter 8?
10. Who begins to press Dr. Larch toward retirement in Chapter 6?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)