|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night before Wally comes home from the hospital in Chapter 10, Candy tells Homer that no matter what happens, they have to promise to do what?
(a) Never tell Wally.
(b) Never tell Ray.
(c) Tell Wally immediately.
(d) Always share Angel.
2. In response to the request of the new board members, Dr. Larch starts writing follow-up descriptions for what in Chapter 7?
(a) Each surgery.
(b) Each orphan.
(c) Each abortion.
(d) Each birth.
3. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
(a) It is too hot.
(b) They don't have enough apples.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) They don't have enough gas to get there.
4. Who does Homer take to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(a) Mary Agnes.
(b) Dr. Larch.
(c) Debra Pettigrew.
5. Who writes a letter to Homer to tell him about his heart condition in Chapter 8?
(b) Ollive Worthington.
(c) Dr. Larch.
(d) Debra Pettigrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
2. In Chapter 8, Wally is talking about how he wants to be a pilot so he can do what?
3. In Chapter 10, who has been trying to replace Dr. Larch at the orphanage?
4. Who writes Homer a letter to find out why he hasn't filled out his questionnaire yet in Chapter 8?
5. The day after the movies is the day that what event takes place in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Candy to discover Homer's love for her in Chapter 8?
2. What does Mr. Rose tell Homer about the differences in rules in Chapter 10?
3. What does Melony do when being chased by two workers in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Homer take offense to Dr. Larch's telling him he can have a normal life in Chapter 8?
5. What leads to the sexual interaction between Grace and Homer in Chapter 7?
6. What is foreshadowed by Wally's return in Chapter 10?
7. Who begins to press Dr. Larch toward retirement in Chapter 6?
8. Who knows or suspects Homer and Candy's secret in Chapter 9?
9. What is symbolic about the trees at the orchard in Chapter 8?
10. What is foreshadowed in Nurse Caroline's warning in Chapter 9?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)