|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
(a) Ray Kendall.
(d) Mr. Rose.
2. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
(a) To a rodeo.
(b) To a seafood restaurant.
(c) To the fair.
(d) To a bowling alley.
3. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
(a) David Copperfield.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Grey's Anatomy.
4. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
5. When two men from the orchard run after her, Melony beats one of them up with her fists and feet and the other with what in Chapter 7?
(a) A rake.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A belt.
(d) An ax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
2. Homer notices the majority of the cider house rules have to do with what in Chapter 7?
3. What does Homer tell Candy to do to avoid getting pregnant after they make love for the first time?
4. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
5. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is foreshadowed by the bombing at Pearl Harbor in Chapter 8?
2. How have Homer's feelings about St. Cloud's changed in Chapter 6?
3. How does Candy establish rules for her relationship with Homer in Chapter 10?
4. What is Dr. Larch setting up for the character of Fuzzy Stone in Chapter 7?
5. What can Homer see has changed at St. Cloud's in Chapter 9?
6. What is discovered about the behavior of Wally Senior in Chapter 7?
7. What leads to the sexual interaction between Grace and Homer in Chapter 7?
8. What does Homer learn about the history of the cider house rules in Chapter 7?
9. What does Mr. Rose tell Homer about the differences in rules in Chapter 10?
10. How does Homer view Ray Kendall in Chapter 6? Who does he remind him of?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)