|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melony makes up a story about having what which keeps the men from bothering her in Chapter 7?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A sexually transmitted disease.
(c) A knife in her pocket.
(d) Mental problems.
2. Who shows up Ocean View asking for Homer in Chapter 10?
(c) Mr. Rose.
3. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
(b) The pickers.
(d) Ray Kendall.
4. The night before Wally goes back to college, Wally talks about being what?
(a) A racecar driver.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
5. When two men from the orchard run after her, Melony beats one of them up with her fists and feet and the other with what in Chapter 7?
(a) An ax.
(b) A belt.
(c) A rake.
(d) A piece of wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wally asks Candy to marry him, she says what in Chapter 8?
2. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind to climb up on to the tin roof of the cider house in Chapter 7?
3. Who works as a plane spotter for two hours a day at her club in Chapter 8?
4. When Melony gets to Bath, she finds a job working where in Chapter 8?
5. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discovered about the behavior of Wally Senior in Chapter 7?
2. What leads to the sexual interaction between Grace and Homer in Chapter 7?
3. What is Dr. Larch setting up for the character of Fuzzy Stone in Chapter 7?
4. How does Candy establish rules for her relationship with Homer in Chapter 10?
5. What does Mr. Rose tell Homer about the differences in rules in Chapter 10?
6. What takes place on Thanksgiving in Chapter 8? Where is the novel set in this chapter?
7. What does Melony do when being chased by two workers in Chapter 7?
8. What does Homer learn about the history of the cider house rules in Chapter 7?
9. What do Homer and Candy discuss on Ray Kendall's dock in Chapter 8?
10. Who knows or suspects Homer and Candy's secret in Chapter 9?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)