|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
(a) Training the pickers.
(b) Juicing the apples.
(c) Posting the cider house rules.
(d) Pruning the trees.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Melony and who are still a couple?
3. What does D and C stand for?
(a) Distribution and commerce.
(b) Dilation and curettage.
(c) Duty and courage.
(d) Duration and courage.
4. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
(a) The hay barn.
(b) The cider house.
(c) Labor camp.
(d) Squatter's mansion.
5. How old is Angel in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
2. On Thanksgiving in Chapter 8, the Worthingtons are hosting the dinner, which includes Candy and whom?
3. Who writes a letter to Homer to tell him about his heart condition in Chapter 8?
4. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
5. Who does Homer realize is in the workers' home with him when he masturbates in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Candy to discover Homer's love for her in Chapter 8?
2. How long has Homer been gone from the orphanage in Chapter 6? What is going on at the orphanage?
3. How have Homer's feelings about St. Cloud's changed in Chapter 6?
4. How does Candy establish rules for her relationship with Homer in Chapter 10?
5. How does Dr. Larch relate to Melony in Chapter 6?
6. What takes place on Thanksgiving in Chapter 8? Where is the novel set in this chapter?
7. What is symbolic about the trees at the orchard in Chapter 8?
8. What is Dr. Larch setting up for the character of Fuzzy Stone in Chapter 7?
9. What is discovered about the behavior of Wally Senior in Chapter 7?
10. What does Mrs. Grogan see changing in Melony in Chapter 6? Why?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)