|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer opens his wallet in front of the movie theater, the wind blows out what in Chapter 8?
(a) A love letter.
(b) His draft card.
(c) A tendril of Candy's pubic hair.
(d) His money.
2. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The barracks.
(c) Wally's room.
(d) The cider house.
3. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
(a) Hand surgery.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) An abortion.
(d) Heart surgery.
4. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
(a) The cider house.
(b) Squatter's mansion.
(c) Labor camp.
(d) The hay barn.
5. Olive and Candy think Wally is alive, but Ray and who think he is dead in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Dr. Larch.
(b) Mary Agnes.
(c) Nurse Edna.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
2. Homer doesn't want to take whom to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
3. Where do Candy and Homer go to talk about the fact that they love each other in Chapter 8?
4. Who does Homer send to St. Cloud's to get a job "doing the Lord's work" in Chapter 10?
5. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)