|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homer notices the majority of the cider house rules have to do with what in Chapter 7?
(a) Starting work early in the morning.
(b) The practicing of voodoo.
(c) Being on the tin roof.
(d) The cleaning of equipment.
2. Homer drops Wally off at Candy's house so they can have a private night together, and Homer picks whom up for a night at the drive-in movie in Chapter 7?
3. Dr. Larch goes out of his way to set up a P.O. Box for whom to receive his mail in Chapter 7?
(a) Ray Kendall.
(b) Fuzzy Stone.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Homer Wells.
4. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
(a) In the Worthington home.
(b) In the cider house.
(c) In Wally's bedroom.
(d) At St. Cloud's.
5. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Dr. Larch.
(d) Nurse Caroline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps honking the horn outside because he needs Homer's help to get his father out of trouble in town in Chapter 7?
2. Homer knows more than his biology teacher about what in Chapter 8?
3. Wally and Candy double date with Homer and whom in Chapter 6?
4. What does Melony pack her belongings in when she leaves the orphanage in Chapter 6?
5. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Candy establish rules for her relationship with Homer in Chapter 10?
2. What is foreshadowed in Nurse Caroline's warning in Chapter 9?
3. Who begins to press Dr. Larch toward retirement in Chapter 6?
4. How long has Homer been gone from the orphanage in Chapter 6? What is going on at the orphanage?
5. What does Mr. Rose tell Homer about the differences in rules in Chapter 10?
6. How does Melony's relationship with Lorna parallel her relationship with Homer in Chapter 10?
7. What does Melony do when being chased by two workers in Chapter 7?
8. How have Homer's feelings about St. Cloud's changed in Chapter 6?
9. What do Homer and Candy discuss on Ray Kendall's dock in Chapter 8?
10. What does Mrs. Grogan see changing in Melony in Chapter 6? Why?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)