|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Larch goes out of his way to set up a P.O. Box for whom to receive his mail in Chapter 7?
(a) Homer Wells.
(b) Fuzzy Stone.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Ray Kendall.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Melony and who are still a couple?
3. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Caroline.
(b) Nurse Angela.
(c) Dr. Larch.
(d) Nurse Edna.
4. What did Olive Worthington die of in the novel?
5. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
(a) Maine Fishing Company.
(b) Captain Teddy's Lobster.
(c) Moose Haven Resort.
(d) Ocean's View Orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
2. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
3. The night before Wally comes home from the hospital in Chapter 10, Candy tells Homer that no matter what happens, they have to promise to do what?
4. The night before Wally goes back to college, Wally talks about being what?
5. When two men from the orchard run after her, Melony beats one of them up with her fists and feet and the other with what in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is foreshadowed in Nurse Caroline's warning in Chapter 9?
2. What do Homer and Candy discuss on Ray Kendall's dock in Chapter 8?
3. Where has Melony traveled in Chapter 7? Why?
4. How does Candy establish rules for her relationship with Homer in Chapter 10?
5. How long has Homer been gone from the orphanage in Chapter 6? What is going on at the orphanage?
6. What leads to the sexual interaction between Grace and Homer in Chapter 7?
7. What is symbolic about the trees at the orchard in Chapter 8?
8. What can Homer see has changed at St. Cloud's in Chapter 9?
9. What is foreshadowed by the bombing at Pearl Harbor in Chapter 8?
10. What does Melony do when being chased by two workers in Chapter 7?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)