|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melony frames a newspaper article about what in Chapter 10?
(a) A place she would like to visit.
(b) Wally coming home.
(c) An upcoming election.
(d) The war being over.
2. In Chapter 10, who has been trying to replace Dr. Larch at the orphanage?
(a) The board of trustees.
(b) Nurse Angela.
(c) The Attorney General.
(d) The Governor.
3. In response to the request of the new board members, Dr. Larch starts writing follow-up descriptions for what in Chapter 7?
(a) Each birth.
(b) Each surgery.
(c) Each orphan.
(d) Each abortion.
4. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
(a) Wally had his dog with him.
(b) The plane didn't explode in the air.
(c) Wally was heard calling for help.
(d) Wally was taken prisoner.
5. How old is Dr. Larch in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Homer take to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
2. From whose coat does Melony steal money before leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
3. The day after the movies is the day that what event takes place in Chapter 8?
4. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
5. What did Olive Worthington die of in the novel?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)