Short Answer Questions Key
1. When was John Irving born?
2. When was "The World According to Garp" published?
3. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
4. Where did John Irving grow up?
Exeter, New Hampshire.
5. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
6. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
Setting Free the Bears.
7. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
8. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
9. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
Dr. Wilbur Larch.
This section contains 4,438 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)