|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What orphan from the orphanage had respiratory problems causing him/her to sleep in a special tent to help with breathing?
(b) Fuzzy Stone.
(c) Wally Worthington.
2. Dr. Larch tells Wally and Candy about Homer's what, in Chapter 5?
(a) Anger problems.
(b) Math skills.
(c) Heart condition.
3. Who asks Melony is she wants to see the new Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(d) Mary Agnes.
4. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A banker.
(c) A drunk.
(d) A doctor.
5. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind to climb up on to the tin roof of the cider house in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Dr. Larch returns to the hospital with a girl how old who is pregnant by her father?
2. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
3. What do Melony and Homer see flying in the air by the river in Chapter 3?
4. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
5. Melony makes up a story about having what which keeps the men from bothering her in Chapter 7?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)