|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer is how old does Dr. Larch assign him to read to the girls at the orphanage?
2. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A dictator.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A saint.
(d) A lecher.
3. In Chapter 4, Dr. Larch goes into Homer's history and writes it as if Homer has what to keep Homer from being drafted into the war?
(a) Bone spurs.
(b) A heart problem.
(c) A mental disability.
(d) Bad vision.
4. When Homer opens his wallet in front of the movie theater, the wind blows out what in Chapter 8?
(a) A tendril of Candy's pubic hair.
(b) A love letter.
(c) His draft card.
(d) His money.
5. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
2. What name do Candy and Homer give to the child they have in the novel?
3. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
4. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
5. Homer doesn't want to take whom to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)