|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
(a) Fuzzy Stone.
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Nurse Angela.
2. When Homer says goodbye to Dr. Larch, they tell each other what for the first time in Chapter 5?
(a) Religious viewpoints.
(b) Stories from childhood.
(c) Hopes for the future.
(d) They love each other.
3. When Wally sees Candy with the younger boy in her lap, he begs her to do what in Chapter 5?
(a) Not have the abortion.
(b) Have the abortion immediately.
(c) Adopt the boy.
(d) Marry him.
4. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
5. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wally keeps talking about what that the orphanage should plant on the hill in Chapter 5?
2. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
3. Homer sends a note to Melony to tell her what when he goes to read for the girls in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
5. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)