|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(b) Nurse Angela.
(d) Fuzzy Stone.
2. In response to the request of the new board members, Dr. Larch starts writing follow-up descriptions for what in Chapter 7?
(a) Each orphan.
(b) Each surgery.
(c) Each abortion.
(d) Each birth.
3. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
4. Who asks Melony is she wants to see the new Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(c) Mary Agnes.
5. In what historical era does the story begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
2. Melony tells Homer in Chapter 3 that if Homer was born at the orphanage, then there is what?
3. Homer packs his bag and says goodbye to the two nurses while Dr. Larch starts the autopsy on whom in Chapter 5?
4. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
5. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)