|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Larch goes out of his way to set up a P.O. Box for whom to receive his mail in Chapter 7?
(a) Homer Wells.
(b) Ray Kendall.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Fuzzy Stone.
2. Olive and Candy think Wally is alive, but Ray and who think he is dead in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Dr. Larch.
(d) Mary Agnes.
3. Melony tells Homer that she will do to him what the woman is doing in the picture if he will do what in Chapter 3?
(a) Get her some ether.
(b) Stay at the orphanage forever.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Get her file from the orphanage office.
4. Homer tells Dr. Larch about the trip to the apple orchard, saying he'll be gone how long in Chapter 5?
(a) Ten days.
(b) One month.
(c) A few days.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What does Homer name the baby he delivers in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
3. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
4. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
5. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)