|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after the movies is the day that what event takes place in Chapter 8?
(a) The outbreak of the Korean War.
(b) The start of World War I.
(c) The outbreak of the Vietnam War.
(d) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
2. When Melony gets to Bath, she finds a job working where in Chapter 8?
(a) The cherry orchard.
(b) The shipyards.
(c) The cattle ranch.
(d) The bath houses.
3. Who does Homer realize is in the workers' home with him when he masturbates in Chapter 6?
(b) Ray Kendall.
(c) Olive Worthington.
(d) Grace Lynch.
4. Dr. Larch goes out of his way to set up a P.O. Box for whom to receive his mail in Chapter 7?
(a) Homer Wells.
(b) Fuzzy Stone.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Ray Kendall.
5. Dr. Larch tells Wally and Candy about Homer's what, in Chapter 5?
(a) Heart condition.
(b) Anger problems.
(c) Math skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
2. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
3. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
4. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
5. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)