|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
(a) Bowdoin College.
(b) Harvard Medical School.
(c) Exeter College.
(d) Cambridge University.
2. The older of the two orphans think the couple is there to do what when Candy and Wally arrive in Chapter 5?
(a) Adopt a child.
(b) Deliver a baby.
(c) Have an abortion.
(d) Make a donation.
3. To what location does Melony purchase a train ticket after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) St. Cloud's.
(d) Livermore Falls.
4. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
(a) Dr. Ray Kendall.
(b) Dr. Wally Richmond.
(c) Dr. Wilbur Larch.
(d) Dr. Homer Wells.
5. What orphan from St. Cloud's did Melony once break her collarbone?
(c) Mary Agnes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
2. Dr. Larch begins going around now and doing what each night in Chapter 7?
3. Wally keeps talking about what that the orphanage should plant on the hill in Chapter 5?
4. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
5. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)