|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
(a) David Copperfield.
(b) Grey's Anatomy.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) The Bible.
2. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
(a) Every other week.
(b) Every five days.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Three times a year.
3. Dr. Larch tells Wally and Candy about Homer's what, in Chapter 5?
(a) Math skills.
(c) Heart condition.
(d) Anger problems.
4. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
(a) A bird of prey.
(b) A tree.
(c) A fish.
(d) A type of rock.
5. What orphan from the orphanage had respiratory problems causing him/her to sleep in a special tent to help with breathing?
(a) Fuzzy Stone.
(d) Wally Worthington.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Homer asks some of the women workers about the cider house rules, they explain that who writes the rules every year?
2. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. Two months after Wally's plane goes down, who returns home in Chapter 3?
4. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
5. In Chapter 4, a pregnant woman comes to St. Cloud's and collapses in the dispensary from what?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)