|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John Irving grow up?
(a) Bangor, Maine.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Detroit, Michigan.
(d) Exeter, New Hampshire.
2. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A lecher.
(c) A saint.
(d) A dictator.
3. Who works as a plane spotter for two hours a day at her club in Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Larch.
(d) Olive Worthington.
4. How does Homer feel about Candy when he first meets her in Chapter 5?
(a) He falls in love with her.
(b) He thinks she is misinformed.
(c) He finds her unattractive.
(d) He thinks she is arrogant.
5. When one of the orphans dies, Dr. Larch writes a history about the child being what?
(a) A carrier of a rare illness.
(d) A runaway.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
2. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
3. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
4. When two men from the orchard run after her, Melony beats one of them up with her fists and feet and the other with what in Chapter 7?
5. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)