|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wally asks Candy to marry him, she says what in Chapter 8?
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is already married.
(d) She won't be his widow.
2. After the abortion, who comes into the recovery room to be with Candy in Chapter 5?
3. Dr. Larch thinks Wally Senior has a neurological problem called what in Chapter 7?
(c) Bipolar disorder.
4. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind, cleaning a big vat in Chapter 7?
(a) Mrs. Grogan.
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(d) Grace Lynch.
5. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) Exeter College.
(c) Bowdoin College.
(d) Cambridge University.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
2. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
3. Who does Homer realize is in the workers' home with him when he masturbates in Chapter 6?
4. When Melony gets to Bath, she finds a job working where in Chapter 8?
5. Who is looking out the window when the car drives by leaving with Homer in the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)