|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
(a) He never cries.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He swears.
(d) He is violent.
2. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 4, Dr. Larch goes into Homer's history and writes it as if Homer has what to keep Homer from being drafted into the war?
(a) A heart problem.
(b) Bone spurs.
(c) Bad vision.
(d) A mental disability.
4. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
(a) The cider house.
(b) The barracks.
(c) Wally's room.
(d) The cellar.
5. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(a) Abusing the orphans.
(c) In love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What orphan from the orphanage had respiratory problems causing him/her to sleep in a special tent to help with breathing?
2. Who works as a plane spotter for two hours a day at her club in Chapter 8?
3. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
4. What is the book that Dr. Larch chooses for Homer to read to the girls at the orphanage?
5. When was John Irving born?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)