|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
2. When Dr. Larch catches Homer searching his office, Dr. Larch tells Homer what in Chapter 3?
(a) He is no longer his assistant.
(b) Get out.
(c) He doesn't keep records of the biological mothers.
(d) He is not allowed to view the mother's files.
3. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind, cleaning a big vat in Chapter 7?
(b) Mrs. Grogan.
(c) Debra Pettigrew.
(d) Grace Lynch.
4. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
(a) Relieve headaches.
(b) Induce sleep.
(c) Cause miscarriages.
(d) Cure cancer.
5. Dr. Larch tries to get Candy alone to explain the procedure to her, and Homer escorts Wally outside in time to do what in Chapter 5?
(a) Smoke a cigarette.
(b) Start crying.
(c) Start yelling.
(d) Throw up.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
2. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
3. Unknown to Dr. Larch, Melony, and Homer, who lay dead in the woods in Chapter 5?
4. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
5. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)