|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Larch tries to get Candy alone to explain the procedure to her, and Homer escorts Wally outside in time to do what in Chapter 5?
(a) Start crying.
(b) Smoke a cigarette.
(c) Throw up.
(d) Start yelling.
2. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
(a) The World According to Garp.
(b) The 158-Pound Marriage.
(c) Setting Free the Bears.
(d) The Water-Method Man.
3. Homer packs his bag and says goodbye to the two nurses while Dr. Larch starts the autopsy on whom in Chapter 5?
(a) The stationmaster.
(b) Mr. Rose.
(c) Debra Pettigrew.
(d) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
4. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
(a) He swears.
(b) He is violent.
(c) He never cries.
(d) He is silent.
5. When Wally sees Candy with the younger boy in her lap, he begs her to do what in Chapter 5?
(a) Adopt the boy.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Have the abortion immediately.
(d) Not have the abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
2. What does Homer name the baby he delivers in Chapter 4?
3. How does Homer feel about Candy when he first meets her in Chapter 5?
4. It takes how long for Homer to write his first letter to Dr. Larch after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)