|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homer performs the autopsy and tells the doctor the cadaver died of what in Chapter 5?
(a) Head trauma.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) A severed artery.
2. What orphan from the orphanage had respiratory problems causing him/her to sleep in a special tent to help with breathing?
(a) Fuzzy Stone.
(b) Wally Worthington.
3. In Chapter 4, Dr. Larch goes into Homer's history and writes it as if Homer has what to keep Homer from being drafted into the war?
(a) A heart problem.
(b) A mental disability.
(c) Bad vision.
(d) Bone spurs.
4. Wally keeps talking about what that the orphanage should plant on the hill in Chapter 5?
(a) Cherry trees.
(c) Apple trees.
5. What is the book that Dr. Larch chooses for Homer to read to the girls at the orphanage?
(a) David Copperfield.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) Grey's Anatomy.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
2. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
4. Who sends a sizable donation to the orphanage in Chapter 6?
5. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)