|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What orphan from St. Cloud's did Melony once break her collarbone?
(b) Mary Agnes.
2. What is the birth name of Wally's mother in the novel?
(a) Becky Stewart.
(b) Alice Bean.
(c) Tiffany Rogers.
(d) Monica Williams.
3. When was John Irving born?
4. In addition to being a drunk and unbeknownst to him and his family, Wally Worthing Senior has what disease?
(a) Heart disease.
5. When two men from the orchard run after her, Melony beats one of them up with her fists and feet and the other with what in Chapter 7?
(a) An ax.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A rake.
(d) A belt.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
2. Who works as a plane spotter for two hours a day at her club in Chapter 8?
3. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
4. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
5. How does Homer feel about Candy when he first meets her in Chapter 5?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)