|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melony makes up a story about having what which keeps the men from bothering her in Chapter 7?
(a) A knife in her pocket.
(b) A pistol.
(c) Mental problems.
(d) A sexually transmitted disease.
2. Homer sends a note to Melony to tell her what when he goes to read for the girls in Chapter 3?
(a) He wants to go for a walk.
(b) Dr. Larch is not gay.
(c) He can't find her record.
(d) He enjoys the picture.
3. Dr. Larch tries to get Candy alone to explain the procedure to her, and Homer escorts Wally outside in time to do what in Chapter 5?
(a) Smoke a cigarette.
(b) Start crying.
(c) Start yelling.
(d) Throw up.
4. When Wally sees Candy with the younger boy in her lap, he begs her to do what in Chapter 5?
(a) Have the abortion immediately.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Not have the abortion.
(d) Adopt the boy.
5. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
(a) The barracks.
(b) The cider house.
(c) The cellar.
(d) Wally's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night before Wally goes back to college, Wally talks about being what?
2. Where does Wally learn he can take his fiance for an abortion in Chapter 4?
3. On Thanksgiving in Chapter 8, the Worthingtons are hosting the dinner, which includes Candy and whom?
4. The older of the two orphans think the couple is there to do what when Candy and Wally arrive in Chapter 5?
5. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)