|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what historical era does the story begin?
2. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
(a) A drunk.
(b) A banker.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A preacher.
3. Homer tells Dr. Larch about the trip to the apple orchard, saying he'll be gone how long in Chapter 5?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) Ten days.
4. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
(a) The Water-Method Man.
(b) The World According to Garp.
(c) The 158-Pound Marriage.
(d) Setting Free the Bears.
5. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
(a) Nurse Beth.
(b) Nurse Melissa.
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Nurse Angela.
Short Answer Questions
1. When one of the orphans dies, Dr. Larch writes a history about the child being what?
2. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
3. Who is looking out the window when the car drives by leaving with Homer in the end of Chapter 5?
4. Homer performs the autopsy and tells the doctor the cadaver died of what in Chapter 5?
5. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)