|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, Reuven and Danny complete their undergraduate college degrees, both earning what honors?
(a) Magna cum laude.
(b) Cum laude.
(c) Summa cum laude.
(d) Gamma cum laude.
2. Reuven and Danny have intense debates during whose class in Chapter 16?
(a) Rav Gershenson's.
(b) Nathan Appleman’s.
(c) David Malter's.
(d) Reb Saunders'.
3. When Franklin Roosevelt dies in the narrative, Reuven’s father comments that he had seen the country through what?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) The age of electricity.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Bronze Age.
4. Reuven is called on the first week of which month to discuss texts from the Talmud in his new Talmud class in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 14, Reuven’s Talmud teacher poses an unexpected question about the reconciliation and Reuven dismisses it as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in the Saunders home has unexplained crying spells in Chapter 12?
2. Danny Saunders worries when his brother becomes ill in Chapter 17 because it may mean that he will not inherit what?
3. Danny Saunders discusses his feelings about experimental psychology with what professor in Chapter 13?
4. Where is Reuven’s father when he collapses and is taken to the hospital in Chapter 14?
5. When did President Franklin Delano Roosevelt die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the new school year begin for Reuven and Danny in Chapter 11?
2. What is the significance of Danny’s discussion of silence in Chapter 17?
3. What does Reuven’s father realize about Reb Saunders’ silence with Danny in Chapter 17?
4. How are the religious studies and lifestyles of Reuven and Danny juxtaposed in Chapter 10?
5. How do Danny and Reuven’s fathers disagree regarding the establishment of a Jewish state?
6. How does David Malter defend the actions of Reb Saunders in Chapter 13?
7. How is Reuven’s time spent with his father in Chapter 10? Why does Mr. Malter travel to Manhattan?
8. What does Danny discuss in depth with Professor Appleman in Chapter 13?
9. How does the death of a Hirsch College graduate affect Reuven and his fellow classmates in Chapter 15?
10. How do Reuven and Danny spend their first month of summer in Chapter 10?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)