|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Danny Saunders contemplates going where to earn a doctorate in Chapter 16?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) UC Santa Barbara.
(c) UC Berkeley.
(d) Columbia University.
2. It was the end of what month when the American troops reached the Rhine River and held against German counterattacks in Chapter 11?
3. Danny Saunders has decided that he wants to pursue his studies in what in Chapter 16?
(a) Clinical psychology.
(b) Military psychology.
(c) Development psychology.
(d) Comparative psychology.
4. Reb Saunders views a secular Jewish state as a sacrilege and violation of what?
(a) The Quran.
(b) The Torah.
(c) The Christian Bible.
5. Reuven’s father feels that it is important to have what geographic region as a Jewish homeland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What declines considerably at Reuven’s college after the memorial for a fallen graduate in Chapter 15?
2. Reuven and Danny have intense debates during whose class in Chapter 16?
3. Reuven begins what year of his college studies at the end of Chapter 15?
4. Reuven comes to believe that his Talmud teacher sympathizes with what viewpoint in the end of Chapter 14?
5. Reuven is called on the first week of which month to discuss texts from the Talmud in his new Talmud class in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Reuven and Danny spend their first month of summer in Chapter 10?
2. How does the synagogue respond when Reb Saunders announces Danny’s plans for his education in Chapter 18?
3. What does Reuven remark about the relationship between Reb Saunders and Danny in Chapter 12?
4. What is the central conflict in Chapter 14? How does Reuven feel about Danny’s absence?
5. What does Reuven observe about Reb Saunders’ behavior in Chapter 12?
6. What causes the animosity between Danny and Reuven in Chapter 13?
7. What does Reuven’s father realize about Reb Saunders’ silence with Danny in Chapter 17?
8. How does the death of a Hirsch College graduate affect Reuven and his fellow classmates in Chapter 15?
9. How is the death of Franklin D. Roosevelt described in Chapter 11?
10. How are the religious studies and lifestyles of Reuven and Danny juxtaposed in Chapter 10?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)