|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date are Reuven and his father overjoyed to learn that the establishment of a Jewish state is going to happen in Chapter 14?
(a) June 16.
(b) August 11.
(c) March 2.
(d) November 29.
2. While he is hospitalized in Chapter 12, Reuven’s father reads everything he can about what?
(a) Fly fishing.
(b) The downfall of European Jewry.
(c) The Spanish Empire.
(d) The American Revolution.
3. Reuven's father says in Chapter 13, "...the fanaticism of men like Reb Saunders kept us alive for” how many years of exile?
4. What is the standard Hebrew Biblical term for non-Jews?
5. When considering his further education, Danny states that he will remain what?
(a) A scientist.
(b) An Orthodox Jew.
(c) A human being.
(d) His father's son.
6. Passover begins on the fifteenth day of what month of the Jewish calendar?
7. Danny Saunders discusses his feelings about experimental psychology with what professor in Chapter 13?
(a) Professor Applebaum.
(b) David Malter.
(c) Dr. Snydman.
(d) Dr. Grossman.
8. Danny is frustrated by reading and translating his psychological texts until he finds what in Chapter 10?
(a) A medical journal.
(b) A dictionary of psychological terms.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) An essay by a former student.
9. At the end of Chapter 15, Danny Saunders appears at Reuven’s lunch table and asks for help with what?
(b) World geography.
(c) English literature.
(d) Experimental psychology graphs and tables.
10. When did D-Day occur in World War II?
(a) June 6, 1944.
(b) December 3, 1942.
(c) April 12, 1945.
(d) September 27, 1943.
11. Where does Reuven’s father travel for research for his articles in Chapter 10?
(d) Staten Island.
12. Reuven begins what year of his college studies at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) His third year.
(b) His fourth year.
(c) His second year.
(d) His sixth year.
13. Where is Reuven’s father when he collapses and is taken to the hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) The Jewish National Fund Meeting.
(b) The Jewish National Fund Meeting.
(c) Central Park.
(d) The American Museum of Natural History.
14. What psychological term refers to the ability to acquire knowledge without inference and/or the use of reason?
15. Who in the Saunders home has unexplained crying spells in Chapter 12?
(a) Reb Saunders.
(b) Reuven Saunders.
(c) Danny Saunders.
(d) Levi Saunders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reuven’s father feels that it is important to have what geographic region as a Jewish homeland?
2. How old was Danny Saunders when he was able to read a story about a poor Jew and his struggles, according to Reb Saunders in Chapter 18?
3. There are religious services how many times per day at Hirsch College, according to Reuven in Chapter 13?
4. When did World War II begin?
5. Where do Reuven, Danny, and Reb Saunders meet in Chapter 18?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)