|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets regularly with Reuven and Danny at the library in Chapter 10?
(a) Davey Cantor.
(b) Sidney Goldberg.
(c) David Malter.
(d) Billy Merritt.
2. When did the Battle of the Bulge begin?
(a) May, 1945.
(b) October, 1945.
(c) December, 1944.
(d) August, 1944.
3. Where does Reuven’s father give a speech in support of Zionism in Chapter 13?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Madison Square Garden.
(c) The Empire State Building.
(d) The American Museum of Natural History.
4. Danny Saunders contemplates going where to earn a doctorate in Chapter 16?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) UC Santa Barbara.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) UC Berkeley.
5. Danny Saunders discusses his feelings about experimental psychology with what professor in Chapter 13?
(a) David Malter.
(b) Professor Applebaum.
(c) Dr. Grossman.
(d) Dr. Snydman.
6. When the news of unconditional surrender comes from the Germans, it is determined that the death toll of the Jews murdered in the concentration camps was over how many?
(a) 2 million.
(b) 25 million.
(c) 11 million.
(d) 6 million.
7. What gesture does Danny Saunders make that indicates to Reuven he is showing sympathy for Reuven and his father in Chapter 14?
(a) He tips his hat.
(b) He winks at him.
(c) He brushes him in the hallway.
(d) He pats him on the back.
8. Where did D-day take place in World War II?
(a) Sussex, England.
(b) Normandy, France.
(c) Stalingrad, Russia.
(d) Okinawa, Japan.
9. Reuven becomes upset because whose notions contradict everything he knows in Chapter 12?
(b) Adolf Hitler's.
(c) Pablo Picasso’s.
(d) Sigmund Freud’s.
10. What word does Reuven research the meaning of to help him understand the trouble Danny has with experimental psychology in Chapter 13?
11. In Chapter 13, Danny is upset to find that Hirsch College studies experimental psychology as opposed to what?
(a) Animal psychology.
(b) Freudian psychology.
(c) Adolesent psychology.
(d) Clinical psychology.
12. When was President Franklin Delano Roosevelt born?
(a) June 23, 1897.
(b) January 30, 1882.
(c) October 14, 1916.
(d) March 4, 1865.
13. What organization does Reb Saunders originate and develop in Chapter 14?
(a) The League for a Religious Eretz Yisroel.
(b) The League for the State of Israel.
(c) The Yiddish Society of Rabbis.
(d) The Society for Enlightened Women.
14. When did D-Day occur in World War II?
(a) April 12, 1945.
(b) September 27, 1943.
(c) December 3, 1942.
(d) June 6, 1944.
15. In Chapter 14, Reuven’s Talmud teacher poses an unexpected question about the reconciliation and Reuven dismisses it as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Reuven is called on the first week of which month to discuss texts from the Talmud in his new Talmud class in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 18, Reb Saunders says, "...One learns of the pain of others by” what?
3. What does Danny say to explain his presence to Reuven in Chapter 16?
4. Danny Saunders’ psychology professor explains to him that Freudian psychology cannot be applied to what in Chapter 13?
5. Where is Reuven’s father when he collapses and is taken to the hospital in Chapter 14?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)