|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Reuven’s father travel for research for his articles in Chapter 10?
(c) Staten Island.
2. Reb Saunders talks about how he was blessed with a brilliant son, but the brilliant son had no what, in Chapter 18?
(a) Common sense.
(b) Physical abilities.
3. In Chapter 18, Reuven and Danny complete their undergraduate college degrees, both earning what honors?
(a) Summa cum laude.
(b) Gamma cum laude.
(c) Cum laude.
(d) Magna cum laude.
4. Danny Saunders’ psychology professor explains to him that no one scientist is what in Chapter 13?
(b) In charge.
5. When considering his further education, Danny states that he will remain what?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A human being.
(c) His father's son.
(d) An Orthodox Jew.
6. While he is hospitalized in Chapter 12, Reuven’s father reads everything he can about what?
(a) The Spanish Empire.
(b) The downfall of European Jewry.
(c) Fly fishing.
(d) The American Revolution.
7. The entire Hirsch campus is saddened by the rising violence between whom in Chapter 15?
(a) The Arabs and Jews of Palestine.
(b) The Brazilians and the Kenyans.
(c) The Russians and the Germans.
(d) The Americans and the Japanese.
8. Reuven’s father tells Danny Saunders that understanding of the silence can only be explained to Danny by whom in Chapter 17?
(a) Dr. Grossman.
(b) Reb Saunders.
(c) Reuven Malter.
(d) Levi Saunders.
9. In Chapter 18, Reb Saunders states that he believes that the Master of the Universe sent Reuven to his son Danny because Reuven had what?
(b) A heart.
(c) A soul.
(d) A brain.
10. There are religious services how many times per day at Hirsch College, according to Reuven in Chapter 13?
11. Danny Saunders worries when his brother becomes ill in Chapter 17 because it may mean that he will not inherit what?
(a) The Talmud.
(b) The goyim.
(c) The caftan.
(d) The tzaddik.
12. On what date are Reuven and his father overjoyed to learn that the establishment of a Jewish state is going to happen in Chapter 14?
(a) November 29.
(b) August 11.
(c) March 2.
(d) June 16.
13. What does Danny say to explain his presence to Reuven in Chapter 16?
(a) “God wants me here.”
(b) “The ban has been lifted.”
(c) “Best friends, always.”
(d) “Will you be my friend again?”
14. In Chapter 14, Reuven’s Talmud teacher poses an unexpected question about the reconciliation and Reuven dismisses it as what?
15. In Chapter 18, Reb Saunders says, "A man is born into this world with only a tiny spark of goodness in him. The spark is” what?
(a) “The light of truth.”
(b) “God, it is the soul.”
(c) “His Holiness the Dalai Lama.”
(d) “Life, liberty and justice.”
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the news of unconditional surrender come in Chapter 11?
2. Where is Reuven’s father when he collapses and is taken to the hospital in Chapter 14?
3. Where do Reuven and his family go to stay at a cottage in Chapter 10?
4. In regarding Danny’s relationship with his father, Reuven says in Chapter 12, "I almost had the impression that they were physically incapable of communicating with each other about” what?
5. Where did D-day take place in World War II?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)