|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date was the establishment of the State of Israel announced?
(a) January 5, 1945.
(b) August 20, 1946.
(c) May 15, 1948.
(d) November 9, 1952.
2. When was President Franklin Delano Roosevelt born?
(a) March 4, 1865.
(b) June 23, 1897.
(c) October 14, 1916.
(d) January 30, 1882.
3. Passover begins on the fifteenth day of what month of the Jewish calendar?
4. What has Reuven Malter’s father suffered in Chapter 12?
(a) Temporary amnesia.
(b) An aneurism.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A heart attack.
5. During what month is it rumored at Reuven’s college that a recent graduate has been killed in the fighting in Palestine in Chapter 15?
6. Where did D-day take place in World War II?
(a) Sussex, England.
(b) Normandy, France.
(c) Okinawa, Japan.
(d) Stalingrad, Russia.
7. What is a form of nationalism of Jews and Jewish culture that supports a Jewish nation state in territory defined as the Land of Israel?
8. The entire Hirsch campus is saddened by the rising violence between whom in Chapter 15?
(a) The Russians and the Germans.
(b) The Arabs and Jews of Palestine.
(c) The Brazilians and the Kenyans.
(d) The Americans and the Japanese.
9. Danny Saunders’ psychology professor explains to him that Freudian psychology cannot be applied to what in Chapter 13?
(a) Modern times.
(b) Ancient times.
(c) The masses.
(d) Women and children.
10. For how long does Reuven’s family go to stay in a cottage in Chapter 10?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 1 month.
11. Reuven’s father returns from the hospital in which month in Chapter 15?
12. Passover is a commemoration of the story of what?
(a) The Crucifixion.
(b) The Exodust.
(c) The birth of Christ.
(d) The birth of Moses.
13. Reuven begins what year of his college studies at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) His third year.
(b) His second year.
(c) His sixth year.
(d) His fourth year.
14. There are religious services how many times per day at Hirsch College, according to Reuven in Chapter 13?
15. Where do Reuven and his family go to stay at a cottage in Chapter 10?
(a) Peekskill, New York.
(b) Rutland, Vermont.
(c) Scranton, Pennsylvania.
(d) Milford, Massachusetts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Danny Saunders applies to programs at what three educational institutions in Chapter 17?
2. What refers to a Jewish ritual feast that marks the beginning of the Jewish holiday of Passover?
3. It was the end of what month when the American troops reached the Rhine River and held against German counterattacks in Chapter 11?
4. On what date are Reuven and his father overjoyed to learn that the establishment of a Jewish state is going to happen in Chapter 14?
5. A battle breaks out between Hasidic and non-Hasidic Jews during lunch one day about what in Chapter 13?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)