|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In describing the history of the Jews, Reuven’s father says in Chapter 6 that which European country encouraged Jews to come live there because the country was poor and needed a boost to the economy?
2. What does Reuven Malter’s father bring to him while he is in the hospital in Chapter 2?
(a) A television.
(b) A Torah.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A radio.
3. Danny Saunders’ father brought his congregation to the United States after what historic event?
(a) The War of 1812.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
4. Reuven’s reaction to the spider web on his porch in Chapter 9 demonstrates what characteristic in Reuven?
5. What is the name of the Jewish coming-of-age ritual for young boys?
(b) Bar Mitzvah.
(c) Ta'anit Esther.
(d) Shushan Purim.
6. In what language are lessons taught at Reuven Malter’s school in Chapter 1?
7. What is the name of Reuven Malter’s father in the narrative?
(a) Roger Malter.
(b) Marcus Malter.
(c) Thomas Malter.
(d) David Malter.
8. What is a Jewish term referring to one who does not have a share in the world to come?
9. Where was Shabbtai Zvi born?
10. What is Reuven forbidden to do while he recovers in the hospital in Chapter 3?
(b) Use the bathroom.
11. Who led the Cossacks when they rose up against the Nobles, according to Reuven’s father in Chapter 6?
(a) Dmitry Donskoy.
(b) Bogdan Chmielnicki.
(c) Dmytro Vyshnevetsky.
(d) Alexander Tsiurupa.
12. Reuven is not allowed to read yet, so he goes over what in his head at the library in Chapter 8?
(a) The American Civil War.
(b) Propositional calculus.
(d) Baseball games.
13. Danny Saunders and Reuven Malter discover they were born how far apart in Chapter 7?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 7 weeks.
14. Reuven has a picture of which U.S. President on his wall in Chapter 5?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
15. What is a system of assigning numerical value to a word or phrase, in the belief that words or phrases with identical numerical values bear some relation to each other, or bear some relation to the number itself as it may apply to a person's age, the calendar year, or the like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Danny Saunders’ younger brother who is sick in Chapter 8?
2. Reuven Malter’s home is described as what in Chapter 5?
3. When was Shabbtai Zvi born?
4. Reuven is amazed in Chapter 5 that the baseball game accident had happened only how many days ago?
5. What does Danny Saunders tell Reuven when he visits him at the hospital in Chapter 3?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)