|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose eye must be removed at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Billy Merritt's.
(c) Rav Gershenson’s.
(d) Mr. Savo’s.
2. Reuven is preparing for what school vacation in Chapter 9?
(a) Spring break.
(b) Easter break.
(c) Summer vacation.
(d) Hanukkah vacation.
3. Who from Reuven’s baseball team visits him at the hospital in Chapter 3?
(a) Mr. Thomas.
(b) Mr. Albertson.
(c) Mr. Galanter.
(d) Mr. Michaels.
4. Reuven’s father says that in 1700 a Jewish child named Israel was born. Instead of studying the Talmud, Israel studied what?
(a) The Mishnah.
(b) The Nevi'im.
(c) The Kabbalah.
(d) The Midrash.
5. Reuven's father remarks in Chapter 4, "No one knows he is fortunate until he becomes” what?
6. What is the Hebrew word for sidelocks or sidecurls within the Jewish tradition?
7. In Chapter 4, Reuven's father tells him that "[t]he Talmud says that a person should do two things for himself.” Reuven chimes in to say that the second thing is to acquire what?
(b) A car.
(c) A wife.
(d) A friend.
8. What is the name of the young blind boy that Reuven meets at the hospital in Chapter 2?
(a) Jack Rose.
(b) Davey Canter.
(c) Billy Merritt.
(d) Sidney Goldberg.
9. Reuven's father says in Chapter 4 that "two people who are true friends are like two bodies with” what?
(a) “One ear.”
(b) “One heart.”
(c) “One mind.”
(d) “One soul.”
10. Reuven goes onto his front porch and observes what caught in a spider web in Chapter 9?
(a) A dragonfly.
(b) A housefly.
(c) An ant.
(d) A grasshopper.
11. Reuven enjoys listening to a symphony by what composer on the radio in Chapter 5?
12. What does Danny Saunders tell Reuven when he visits him at the hospital in Chapter 3?
(a) His team won.
(b) He's sorry.
(c) His team lost.
(d) He will never play baseball again.
13. What kind of school does Reuven Malter attend in Chapter 1?
(a) A Smicha.
(b) A Yeshiva.
(c) A Pilpul.
(d) A Kosher.
14. What is the name of the Malters’ housekeeper in Chapter 5?
15. What is the name of the ex-boxer who stays in the hospital bed by Reuven in Chapter 2?
(a) Mr. Savo.
(b) Mr. Canter.
(c) Mr. Gershenson.
(d) Mr. Merritt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Shabbtai Zvi born?
2. Danny Saunders and Reuven Malter discover they were born how far apart in Chapter 7?
3. How old is Danny Saunders in Chapter 1?
4. What does Reuven’s father refer to as discussion about the Talmud that has no relationship to the world in Chapter 6?
5. Who reveals that he meets with Danny Saunders in the library in Chapter 4?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)