|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Reuven have glass removed in Chapter 2?
(a) His right ankle.
(b) His left eye.
(c) His left hand.
(d) His right foot.
2. Who is the physician attending on Reuven’s father while he is hospitalized in Chapter 12?
(a) Dr. Snydman.
(b) Dr. Bowman.
(c) Dr. Grossman.
(d) Dr. Manton.
3. The Malters’ housekeeper is from where in the novel?
4. In Chapter 8, Danny reads aloud about what historical figure that invented the idea of the tzaddik?
(a) Shlomo HaMelech.
(b) Shimon ben Lakish.
(c) Elisha HaNavi.
(d) Dov Bear.
5. What is a system of assigning numerical value to a word or phrase, in the belief that words or phrases with identical numerical values bear some relation to each other, or bear some relation to the number itself as it may apply to a person's age, the calendar year, or the like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuven tell Mr. Savo his father wants him to be when he grows up in Chapter 3?
2. When does the news of unconditional surrender come in Chapter 11?
3. What is the name of Reuven Malter’s father in the narrative?
4. When Danny Saunders visits Reuven for the second time at the hospital, he reveals that during the baseball game he had wanted to do what?
5. From which point-of-view is the narrative of The Chosen related?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)