|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reuven takes part in the Torah service by doing what in Chapter 7?
(a) Lighting the candles.
(b) Dancing with the Rabbi.
(c) Kneeling for the messiah.
(d) Reciting the blessing over the Torah.
2. Whose eye must be removed at the end of Chapter 4?
(b) Mr. Savo’s.
(c) Billy Merritt's.
(d) Rav Gershenson’s.
3. What is the name of the ex-boxer who stays in the hospital bed by Reuven in Chapter 2?
(a) Mr. Gershenson.
(b) Mr. Canter.
(c) Mr. Savo.
(d) Mr. Merritt.
4. Sigmund Freud is considered to be the father of what?
5. What does Reuven Malter’s father bring to him while he is in the hospital in Chapter 2?
(a) A Torah.
(b) A television.
(c) A radio.
(d) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Danny Saunders explains to Reuven in Chapter 7 that his grandfather was a well-known Hasidic Jew from where?
2. What kind of school does Reuven Malter attend in Chapter 1?
3. What text do Danny and Reuven spend studying at Reb Saunders’ study in Chapter 8?
4. Danny Saunders’ psychology professor explains to him that no one scientist is what in Chapter 13?
5. Which character in the novel says, “It is the end of Hitler, may his name and memory be erased” in Chapter 11?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)