|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kids attack Jerry in Chapter 31?
2. In Chapter 25, how long after a summons is posted does Jerry meet with The Vigils in the storage room?
3. At the end of Chapter 28, what assignment of Jerry's is missing?
4. In Chapter 28, how many times does Jerry's father get the phone when someone just laughs when the phone is picked up?
5. Who tries to warn Archie at the beginning of Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brother Leon tell Brian is the cause for the sales falling off at the end of Chapter 22?
2. In Chapter 29, how are sales being juggled?
3. In Chapter 30, when did Goober stop selling chocolates and why?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 21, how does Kevin do selling chocolates?
5. In Chapter 38, what does Jerry try to tell The Goober before he is taken away by ambulance?
6. How does Jerry get through the night at the end of Chapter 32?
7. In Chapter 34, how does Jerry feel at the beginning of the school day?
8. At the end of Chapter 21, why does Obie tell Archie that The Vigils are involved in the problem with Jerry not selling chocolates?
9. What does Brother Leon want Archie and The Vigils to do at the end of Chapter 24 to get the chocolates sold?
10. In Chapter 27, what is Archie's plan to sell chocolates and how does Carter react to the plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Archie and Brother Leon have many character traits in common. What traits do they have in common? How are their character traits revealed by their actions? Would you consider their character traits to be positive or negative?
Essay Topic 2
Brother Leon verbally abuses Gregory Bailey. How do Goober and Jerry feel about that abuse? Why do they not come to Gregory’s defense? How does that scene foreshadow the troubles to come for Jerry?
Essay Topic 3
Archie is a keen observer of the people around him. How does Archie observe and evaluate the people he interacts with? How is body language used to help Archie and others determine what a person is feeling? How is that information used to manipulate people?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)