|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what is Emile doing?
2. In Chapter 12, what does legend say is a sign that the coach accepts a boy as a football player?
3. At the end of Chapter 16, how does Caroni feel after talking to Brother Leon?
4. In Chapter 10, how many kids does Archie think that he will get to sell his chocolate quote?
5. At the end of Chapter 11, what is Brother Eugene doing as he surveys the damage to Room 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, why does Brother Leon give David Caroni an F on a test?
2. In Chapter 4, why is it so important for the boys at Trinity to sell boxes of chocolate?
3. In Chapter 5, what is The Goober's assignment?
4. What information does Obie have in a notebook on Jerry?
5. How does Jerry feel at the end of Chapter 1?
6. Why does a street person talk to Jerry?
7. In Chapter 14, how does John Sulkey like to plan when there is a sale at school?
8. in Chapter 4, why does Brother Leon ask Archie for help selling the boxes of chocolate?
9. How does The Goober feel when he runs in Chapter 8?
10. In Chapter 17, why is it shocking that Jerry still refuses to sell the chocolates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Obie decides that the meek will not inherit the earth. Why does Obie come to that decision? Who does he decide will inherit the earth, and why does he come to that conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Jerry suffers at the hand of bullies in the novel. In what way is bullying tolerated by some of the teachers, especially Brother Leon? How are bullies allowed to run the school? What is the result of allowing bullies to run the school?
Essay Topic 3
Archie and Brother Leon have many character traits in common. What traits do they have in common? How are their character traits revealed by their actions? Would you consider their character traits to be positive or negative?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)