|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what will the boys get if they sell all of the boxes of chocolate?
2. In Chapter 13, how long was the chocolate sale postponed after the disaster in Room 19?
3. At the end of Chapter 16, how does Caroni feel after talking to Brother Leon?
4. In Chapter 17, how many chocolates does Beauvais sell?
5. In Chapter 17, who is the student who only sells one box of choclates?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9 what does Jerry remember about his mom's sickness and death?
2. What information does Obie have in a notebook on Jerry?
3. How does The Goober feel when he runs in Chapter 8?
4. What happens when Jerry refuses to sell chocolates in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 14 who is chosen to be treasurer for the chocolate sale and how does he feel about being treasurer?
6. At the end of Chapter 20, what is Jerry feeling after he tells Brother Leon again that he will not sell chocolates?
7. How is Emile described in Chapter 7?
8. How does Jerry feel at the beginning of Chapter 19?
9. In Chapter 4, why is it so important for the boys at Trinity to sell boxes of chocolate?
10. In Chapter 17, why is it shocking that Jerry still refuses to sell the chocolates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Obie decides that the meek will not inherit the earth. Why does Obie come to that decision? Who does he decide will inherit the earth, and why does he come to that conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Archie thinks that he is a better person than Emile because he does not use violence. In what ways are Archie and Emile alike? In what ways are they both violent people? Is Archie just as evil as Emile? Is he more evil than Emile?
Essay Topic 3
Archie claims to dislike violence. What actions and events seem to contradict Archie’s claim? In what way is Archie more violent than other characters? How does the way that he uses, rather than inflicts, violence allow him to get away with so much?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)