|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the legal requirements regarding newborn domestic animals?
2. How does Theo know Jasper?
3. On what anniversary that Helena seems ignorant of does she call Theo on the phone?
4. What does the Baronet buy Theo?
5. Which of Shakespeare's plays is referred to at the end of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Theo's experience with his father's death will shape him as a man?
2. Summarize the meeting of Theo and the Council in Chapter 12.
3. What is the Coronation Ring and why is Theo unhappy with Xan for wearing it?
4. Who are the flagellants in the park and what do they represent of society?
5. Describe the incident of the woman with the doll in Chapter 6.
6. What does the Cast Museum say about Xan and Theo's relationship?
7. What is Xan's underlying message to Theo in their conversation in Chapter 13?
8. How does Theo think Xan will respond to the notice from the Five Fishes? If Theo never leaves the Council, could he be more help to Julian?
9. What does Theo find in his mail two weeks after meeting Julian to discuss his meeting with Xan? What is his opinion of it?
10. How does Theo try to sway Julian away from her plans, and how does she defend her motives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many different leaders in the book and also different forms of leadership. Discuss some of these forms, and how they affected the conflicts and actions of the book. Who are some of the stronger leaders?
Essay Topic 2
The role of the elderly is a major theme in the book. Discuss this role, and what it says about our society. Use examples from the book to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
Struggle for power is a theme that often appears in the book. Discuss the characters who maintain this struggle, and what they wound up achieving as a result. Feel free to compare to examples of this you see in life as well.
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)