|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theo think of the setting of Wychwood Forest?
(a) He regrets not being able to have time to travel to a different forest he feels more sacred.
(b) He understands Julian's desire to have the baby in private.
(c) He finds it too cold for a baby to be born in.
(d) He wishes the baby could be delivered somewhere more sterile.
2. Who sleeps in the car after Theo and the Five Fishes have to camp because of the flat tire?
(a) Julian and Miriam.
(b) Miriam and Luke.
(c) Julian and Rolf.
(d) Miriam, Julian, and Luke.
3. What do Julian, Miriam, and Theo eat after Luke's burial service?
4. What does Theo say that he will do with the diary entry that is Chapter 19?
(a) It was the most therapeutic of any other.
(b) He will tear it out.
(c) He will save it for Julian to read one day.
(d) He will use it as compost.
5. What does Theo and the remainder of the Five Fishes do at the end of Chapter 28?
(b) All of the above.
(d) Tell stories of Luke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Luke's body initially upon placing it on the ground?
2. Why does Theo pull the car over in Chapter 23?
3. How does Theo think of London as he contemplates his next move after the robbery?
4. What does Theo put in his pocket in Chapter 22?
5. Who drives the car at the end of Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rolf distanced from the group throughout the burial and after?
2. How does Theo treat the old couple? Give examples.
3. What does Theo reflect upon while sitting outside the woodshed as Miriam prepares Julian for her baby's delivery?
4. When Theo awakens in Chapter 25, where does he learn that Luke and Julian have gone? What does he think of their disappearance from the rest of the group?
5. What happens after the baby is born?
6. What do Theo and Rolf discuss the morning after the car is pulled over? Do they seem to bond or argue?
7. Who does Theo see at the market after the SSP come to his home, and what happens between them?
8. How do Theo and the Five Fishes get delayed in Chapter 24?
9. What has happened to Rolf after Theo awakes after Luke's burial? What does Theo expect he is doing and what is his response?
10. Why does Theo take Miriam inside to Jasper's, and not to Rolf?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)