|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theo take from Xan after he shoots him?
(a) Theo's pocket watch that Xan stole as a child.
(b) His gun.
(c) The Coronation Ring.
(d) His wallet.
2. What time is it in the beginning of Chapter 27?
3. What does Luke use as an altar when he holds a private religious service with Julian?
(a) A tin box.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A tree stump.
(d) He didn't have one.
4. What does Theo think of the setting of Wychwood Forest?
(a) He finds it too cold for a baby to be born in.
(b) He understands Julian's desire to have the baby in private.
(c) He regrets not being able to have time to travel to a different forest he feels more sacred.
(d) He wishes the baby could be delivered somewhere more sterile.
5. How does Theo find the woodshed in the forest to be?
(a) Smaller than he remembered.
(b) Larger than he remembered.
(c) Filled with the remnants of squatters.
(d) Nearly collapsing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theo recall Xan announcing years prior at the place where the rest of the Five Fishes are hiding in Chapter 21?
2. What job is Theo given as Miriam still prepares for the baby's delivery?
3. Who sleeps in the car after Theo and the Five Fishes have to camp because of the flat tire?
4. What does Theo smell as he tries falling asleep after the attack?
5. What does Theo confess to the old couple as he ties them up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Theo lash out at Julian over? What does he wish to do after, and what does he do instead?
2. What does Miriam inform Theo of in the car, and what is his reaction? Who knows and who doesn't know the secret?
3. What does Theo write in his diary about the Five Fishes as he discusses the day of relaxation before they depart for Wales?
4. How does Theo regard his feelings towards the person he meets at the market in Chapter 19? What does he decide he will do next?
5. How does Theo plan for Julian to escape the attackers? Does the plan work? What is unsuccessful?
6. What do Theo and Rolf discuss the morning after the car is pulled over? Do they seem to bond or argue?
7. What do Theo and Miriam find inside Jasper's home? Describe what happens next.
8. How does Theo treat the old couple? Give examples.
9. What does Helena tell Theo when he returns, and why does she want him off the phone?
10. Why does Theo take Miriam inside to Jasper's, and not to Rolf?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)