|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Julian and Luke doing alone in the morning in Chapter 25?
(a) Preparing a meal.
2. What word does Rolf use to say that Theo is not the leader of this?
3. Who is afraid of another attack on the way out of the woods?
(a) All three of them.
(b) Miriam and Julian.
(d) None of them.
4. Who are Rolf's political views most similar to?
(c) Rosie McClure.
5. Why doesn't Theo rob the first houses he sees?
(a) He is sure they are heavily guarded.
(b) He has an instinct to go further into the town.
(c) The neighborhood is very well-lit.
(d) Too many neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Theo say in his journal that they will leave the place he is writing because of the flat tire?
2. What does Theo silently suggest Julian's baby should be?
3. Why is Theo cold in the final paragraph of Chapter 21?
4. What does Luke use as an altar when he holds a private religious service with Julian?
5. Which of the Five Fishes does Theo learn has been kidnapped from the person at the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes through Theo's mind when he sees the tree blocking the road in Chapter 27? What happens next?
2. Why does Theo take Miriam inside to Jasper's, and not to Rolf?
3. What does Miriam inform Theo of in the car, and what is his reaction? Who knows and who doesn't know the secret?
4. Why does Miriam come for Theo?
5. How does the book end?
6. How does Theo treat the old couple? Give examples.
7. How do Theo and the Five Fishes spend the rest of the relaxing day in Chapter 26?
8. What does Theo write in his diary about the Five Fishes as he discusses the day of relaxation before they depart for Wales?
9. How is Rolf distanced from the group throughout the burial and after?
10. What happens after the baby is born?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)