|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Theo and Julian feed one another in the woodshed?
2. After Theo and the Five Fishes leave the chapel and drive to their next destination, who accuses whom of feeling superior to everyone?
(a) Rolf, Theo.
(b) Rolf, Xan.
(c) Theo, Rolf.
(d) Julian, Rolf.
3. How long has it been since Miriam left the woodshed in the final chapter?
(a) No one keeps track, but it felt suspicious.
(b) An hour.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Two hours.
4. Who are Rolf's political views most similar to?
(d) Rosie McClure.
5. What does Luke use as an altar when he holds a private religious service with Julian?
(a) A tree stump.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A tin box.
(d) He didn't have one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Theo initially think he has before Rolf gets to his destination?
2. What is the task Luke is given in Chapter 26?
3. As Miriam lodges concern over the speed of the car in Chapter 24, how is Julian behaving?
4. What final act of decency does Theo bestow upon the couple?
5. When does Theo say in his journal that they will leave the place he is writing because of the flat tire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the threats Julian, Theo, and Miriam must confront once they are reunited after the robbery?
2. What has happened to Rolf after Theo awakes after Luke's burial? What does Theo expect he is doing and what is his response?
3. How do Theo and the Five Fishes get delayed in Chapter 24?
4. How does Theo regard his feelings towards the person he meets at the market in Chapter 19? What does he decide he will do next?
5. How is Rolf distanced from the group throughout the burial and after?
6. What do Theo, Miriam, and Julian learn when they listen to the radio?
7. What does Theo write in his diary about the Five Fishes as he discusses the day of relaxation before they depart for Wales?
8. When Theo awakens in Chapter 25, where does he learn that Luke and Julian have gone? What does he think of their disappearance from the rest of the group?
9. How does Theo plan for Julian to escape the attackers? Does the plan work? What is unsuccessful?
10. What do Theo and Rolf discuss the morning after the car is pulled over? Do they seem to bond or argue?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)