|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Theo find a note in?
2. What does Theo take from Xan after he shoots him?
(a) Theo's pocket watch that Xan stole as a child.
(b) His gun.
(c) His wallet.
(d) The Coronation Ring.
3. What is Theo's concern in Chapter 25?
(a) The car will get stolen.
(b) Julian will have the baby early.
(c) They will run out of food.
(d) They are likely to be seen if separated.
4. How does Theo regard Miriam's midwifery?
(a) He respects her mystical abilities.
(b) Never believed she was good.
(c) Annoyed she won't stop using technological terms.
(d) Was probably once talented, but has lost her abilities over twenty-five years.
5. Where does Theo go at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) The church he met the Five Fishes at.
(b) A camp for Sojourners.
(c) An abandoned chapel Julian messaged to Theo where he could find her.
(d) His parents' grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Theo rob the first houses he sees?
2. What word does Rolf use to say that Theo is not the leader of this?
3. What does Theo and the remainder of the Five Fishes do at the end of Chapter 28?
4. Why does Theo pull the car over in Chapter 23?
5. What does Theo do first after arriving home from Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rolf say he can "use" Theo? How does Theo respond?
2. How does the book end?
3. How does Theo regard his feelings towards the person he meets at the market in Chapter 19? What does he decide he will do next?
4. What does Miriam inform Theo of in the car, and what is his reaction? Who knows and who doesn't know the secret?
5. What are Theo's nightmares about after his return home from traveling?
6. What does Theo write in his diary about the Five Fishes as he discusses the day of relaxation before they depart for Wales?
7. What goes through Theo's mind when he sees the tree blocking the road in Chapter 27? What happens next?
8. What happens after the baby is born?
9. Why does Theo take Miriam inside to Jasper's, and not to Rolf?
10. How does Theo plan for Julian to escape the attackers? Does the plan work? What is unsuccessful?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)