|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Miriam found in the car in Chapter 26?
(a) A gun.
(c) A flashlight.
2. Who says this quote in Chapter 29: "He has thought; now he's gone."?
(b) The narrator.
3. Who goes into the house with Theo?
4. What is Theo's concern in Chapter 25?
(a) The car will get stolen.
(b) Julian will have the baby early.
(c) They are likely to be seen if separated.
(d) They will run out of food.
5. What promise does Theo leave Julian with after he tells her of the SSP's visit?
(a) The Five Fishes may use his country home for safety.
(b) He will talk to Xan again.
(c) He will not rest until the Five Fishes' goals are met.
(d) He will faithfully come if ever sent for.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Theo say in his journal that they will leave the place he is writing because of the flat tire?
2. How does Theo know what to say while christening the baby?
3. Who sleeps in the car after Theo and the Five Fishes have to camp because of the flat tire?
4. What does Theo smell as he tries falling asleep after the attack?
5. Why does Theo feel guilty when he arrives with Julian and Miriam at Wychwood Forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Miriam come for Theo?
2. What do Theo and Miriam find inside Jasper's home? Describe what happens next.
3. What are Theo's nightmares about after his return home from traveling?
4. Describe the burial in Chapter 28.
5. How does Theo plan for Julian to escape the attackers? Does the plan work? What is unsuccessful?
6. How do Theo and the Five Fishes get delayed in Chapter 24?
7. What does Miriam inform Theo of in the car, and what is his reaction? Who knows and who doesn't know the secret?
8. What kind of Warden does Rolf say he would be? What is Theo's reaction?
9. How do Theo and the Five Fishes spend the rest of the relaxing day in Chapter 26?
10. Why does Theo take Miriam inside to Jasper's, and not to Rolf?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)