|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sleeps in the car after Theo and the Five Fishes have to camp because of the flat tire?
(a) Miriam and Luke.
(b) Julian and Rolf.
(c) Miriam, Julian, and Luke.
(d) Julian and Miriam.
2. What does Luke use as an altar when he holds a private religious service with Julian?
(a) A tree stump.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A tin box.
(d) He didn't have one.
3. Who is afraid of another attack on the way out of the woods?
(b) None of them.
(c) All three of them.
(d) Miriam and Julian.
4. Whose house is Theo taking the Five Fishes to in Chapter 22?
(a) His aunt's.
(d) His mother's.
5. What does Theo notice after talking to Julian for a few minutes in Chapter 19?
(a) She looks older and tired.
(b) She looks more beautiful then he remembered.
(c) Her hand is deformed.
(d) She has gained weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is Theo given as Miriam still prepares for the baby's delivery?
2. How long does Rolf imagine they will be pulled over after the car gets a flat tire?
3. How does Theo regard Miriam's midwifery?
4. What are Julian and Luke doing alone in the morning in Chapter 25?
5. Why doesn't Theo rob the first houses he sees?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rolf say he can "use" Theo? How does Theo respond?
2. How does Theo treat the old couple? Give examples.
3. How do Theo and the Five Fishes spend the rest of the relaxing day in Chapter 26?
4. What do Theo, Miriam, and Julian learn when they listen to the radio?
5. When Theo awakens in Chapter 25, where does he learn that Luke and Julian have gone? What does he think of their disappearance from the rest of the group?
6. How does Theo choose the house he robs and how does he gain entry?
7. How do Theo and the Five Fishes get delayed in Chapter 24?
8. Describe the burial in Chapter 28.
9. What does Miriam inform Theo of in the car, and what is his reaction? Who knows and who doesn't know the secret?
10. Summarize the confrontation between Xan and Theo.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)