|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theo pull the car over in Chapter 23?
(a) Julian had to go to the bathroom.
(b) Julian thought she was going into labor.
(c) The car overheated.
(d) They wanted to pick berries for later.
2. Who is afraid of another attack on the way out of the woods?
(b) Miriam and Julian.
(c) All three of them.
(d) None of them.
3. What disease does Luke suffer as a child?
4. What do Theo and Julian feed one another in the woodshed?
5. What promise does Theo leave Julian with after he tells her of the SSP's visit?
(a) The Five Fishes may use his country home for safety.
(b) He will not rest until the Five Fishes' goals are met.
(c) He will talk to Xan again.
(d) He will faithfully come if ever sent for.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theo silently suggest Julian's baby should be?
2. Who does Theo rely on to untie the couple?
3. Who says the burial service over Luke?
4. Which city does Theo not mention visiting during his holiday?
5. What word does Rolf use to say that Theo is not the leader of this?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Theo take Miriam inside to Jasper's, and not to Rolf?
2. Describe the burial in Chapter 28.
3. How does Rolf say he can "use" Theo? How does Theo respond?
4. What are the threats Julian, Theo, and Miriam must confront once they are reunited after the robbery?
5. What kind of Warden does Rolf say he would be? What is Theo's reaction?
6. What does Miriam inform Theo of in the car, and what is his reaction? Who knows and who doesn't know the secret?
7. How does Theo plan for Julian to escape the attackers? Does the plan work? What is unsuccessful?
8. Summarize the confrontation between Xan and Theo.
9. How do Theo and the Five Fishes get delayed in Chapter 24?
10. How do Theo and the Five Fishes spend the rest of the relaxing day in Chapter 26?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)