|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Theo and the Five Fishes leave the chapel and drive to their next destination, who accuses whom of feeling superior to everyone?
(a) Rolf, Xan.
(b) Theo, Rolf.
(c) Rolf, Theo.
(d) Julian, Rolf.
2. How much time does Theo initially think he has before Rolf gets to his destination?
(a) A few days.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) One day.
3. What does Theo do first after arriving home from Europe?
(a) Cleaned a smashed window.
(b) He phoned Helena.
(c) Reread his diary entries from his travels.
(d) He checked for messages from Julian.
4. What does Julian want Theo to leave behind while he journeys to the village?
(b) His watch.
(c) The gun.
(d) His jacket.
5. What does Theo and the remainder of the Five Fishes do at the end of Chapter 28?
(b) All of the above.
(c) Tell stories of Luke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theo smell as he tries falling asleep after the attack?
2. What frightens Theo and the women as they walk to find the woodshed?
3. What religion does Theo say Xan is when Rolf and Theo discuss beliefs?
4. What does Theo say he is absolute of as he closes his diary entry in Chapter 26?
5. How is Chapter 26 written?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rolf say he can "use" Theo? How does Theo respond?
2. What are Theo's nightmares about after his return home from traveling?
3. Why does Miriam come for Theo?
4. How do Theo and the Five Fishes get delayed in Chapter 24?
5. How is Rolf distanced from the group throughout the burial and after?
6. Summarize the confrontation between Xan and Theo.
7. What goes through Theo's mind when he sees the tree blocking the road in Chapter 27? What happens next?
8. How do Theo and the Five Fishes spend the rest of the relaxing day in Chapter 26?
9. How does the book end?
10. What does Theo write in his diary about the Five Fishes as he discusses the day of relaxation before they depart for Wales?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)