|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rolf compare Xan to while discussing religion with Theo?
(c) Alexander the Great.
(d) The Devil.
2. What has Miriam found in the car in Chapter 26?
(b) A gun.
(c) A flashlight.
3. What is wrong with Luke's body initially upon placing it on the ground?
(a) His face was covered in mud.
(b) His eyelids swung open.
(c) He had the map somewhere on his person.
(d) He was face down.
4. Why is Theo cold in the final paragraph of Chapter 21?
(a) He find's Luke piousness unreasonable.
(b) He is annoyed that Xan is threatening him.
(c) He thinks there's something he is not being told.
(d) He is pained watching Julian and Rolf together.
5. What disease does Luke suffer as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the task Luke is given in Chapter 26?
2. How does Theo approach Julian when he sees her for the first time since the SSP came to his home?
3. What does Theo think of the setting of Wychwood Forest?
4. What frightens Theo and the women as they walk to find the woodshed?
5. Who goes into the house with Theo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Theo write in his diary about the Five Fishes as he discusses the day of relaxation before they depart for Wales?
2. Why does Miriam come for Theo?
3. How does Theo treat the old couple? Give examples.
4. What happens after the baby is born?
5. Summarize the confrontation between Xan and Theo.
6. What do Theo and Rolf discuss the morning after the car is pulled over? Do they seem to bond or argue?
7. How does Theo regard his feelings towards the person he meets at the market in Chapter 19? What does he decide he will do next?
8. What do Theo and Miriam find inside Jasper's home? Describe what happens next.
9. How is Rolf distanced from the group throughout the burial and after?
10. What kind of Warden does Rolf say he would be? What is Theo's reaction?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)