|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightens Theo and the women as they walk to find the woodshed?
(a) Fresh footprints.
(b) A bear.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A person standing at the lake.
2. What does Theo say that he will do with the diary entry that is Chapter 19?
(a) He will save it for Julian to read one day.
(b) He will tear it out.
(c) He will use it as compost.
(d) It was the most therapeutic of any other.
3. Which of the Five Fishes does Theo learn has been kidnapped from the person at the door?
4. What catastrophe occurs immediately following the birth?
(a) Theo spills the only water.
(b) Miriam drops the baby.
(c) A snake slithers into the shed.
(d) Julian loses a large amount of blood.
5. What does Rolf learn as Julian mourns Luke's death?
(a) He is not the father of the baby.
(b) He has been selfish and doesn't wish to be Warden anymore.
(c) Miriam is in love with him.
(d) Julian is in love with Theo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Rolf imagine they will be pulled over after the car gets a flat tire?
2. Who says this quote in Chapter 29: "He has thought; now he's gone."?
3. What are the weapons of the unwelcome visitors decorated with?
4. What disease does Luke suffer as a child?
5. "We can't risk some fool stopping and offering to help." Who says this?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Rolf after Theo awakes after Luke's burial? What does Theo expect he is doing and what is his response?
2. How does Rolf say he can "use" Theo? How does Theo respond?
3. What does Theo reflect upon while sitting outside the woodshed as Miriam prepares Julian for her baby's delivery?
4. What goes through Theo's mind when he sees the tree blocking the road in Chapter 27? What happens next?
5. What does Theo lash out at Julian over? What does he wish to do after, and what does he do instead?
6. How do Theo and the Five Fishes get delayed in Chapter 24?
7. Why does Theo take Miriam inside to Jasper's, and not to Rolf?
8. Why does Miriam come for Theo?
9. How is Rolf distanced from the group throughout the burial and after?
10. What happens as Theo and Rolf tend to the car in Chapter 24?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)