|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theo smell as he tries falling asleep after the attack?
(a) Animal feces.
(b) Food being cooked.
(c) Drying blood.
(d) Something was burning.
2. What language does Theo find a note in?
3. Why is Theo cold in the final paragraph of Chapter 21?
(a) He thinks there's something he is not being told.
(b) He is pained watching Julian and Rolf together.
(c) He is annoyed that Xan is threatening him.
(d) He find's Luke piousness unreasonable.
4. What does Theo expect Miriam to ask him as he leaves her for the village?
(a) How long he will be gone.
(b) Where they should hide.
(c) How would he get a car?
(d) How she should be expected to deliver the baby now.
5. How does Theo decide to abandon the car?
(a) Throw dirt and leaves over the top to hide it from aerial view.
(b) Push it over a cliff.
(c) Push it in a pond.
(d) Hide it in the garage of a deserted home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Chapter 26 written?
2. Who agrees with Theo that Xan should know about Julian's pregnancy after Theo observes it for the first time?
3. What are the weapons of the unwelcome visitors decorated with?
4. Who goes into the house with Theo?
5. Who are Theo and the Five Fishes greeted by after they stop the car due to a downed tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Theo and the Five Fishes spend the rest of the relaxing day in Chapter 26?
2. What do Theo and Miriam find inside Jasper's home? Describe what happens next.
3. Describe the burial in Chapter 28.
4. What does Theo write in his diary about the Five Fishes as he discusses the day of relaxation before they depart for Wales?
5. How do Theo and the Five Fishes get delayed in Chapter 24?
6. What are Theo's nightmares about after his return home from traveling?
7. What does Theo reflect upon while sitting outside the woodshed as Miriam prepares Julian for her baby's delivery?
8. Summarize the confrontation between Xan and Theo.
9. What are the threats Julian, Theo, and Miriam must confront once they are reunited after the robbery?
10. How does Theo treat the old couple? Give examples.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)