|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the task Luke is given in Chapter 26?
(a) Washing the car.
(b) Tending the stored supplies.
(c) Mapping the voyage.
(d) Provide entertainment.
2. How does Theo find the woodshed in the forest to be?
(a) Larger than he remembered.
(b) Smaller than he remembered.
(c) Filled with the remnants of squatters.
(d) Nearly collapsing.
3. What is the mood of the characters in Chapter 26?
4. What does Theo say that he will do with the diary entry that is Chapter 19?
(a) It was the most therapeutic of any other.
(b) He will tear it out.
(c) He will save it for Julian to read one day.
(d) He will use it as compost.
5. What does Luke use as an altar when he holds a private religious service with Julian?
(a) A tree stump.
(b) A tin box.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) He didn't have one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theo smell as he tries falling asleep after the attack?
2. What is Julian concerned of as she watches the final placement of Luke's body?
3. What does Theo say he is absolute of as he closes his diary entry in Chapter 26?
4. Where does Rolf suggest placing Luke's body?
5. Which city does Theo not mention visiting during his holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Theo see at the market after the SSP come to his home, and what happens between them?
2. What goes through Theo's mind when he sees the tree blocking the road in Chapter 27? What happens next?
3. What does Theo lash out at Julian over? What does he wish to do after, and what does he do instead?
4. How does Theo choose the house he robs and how does he gain entry?
5. How do Theo and the Five Fishes get delayed in Chapter 24?
6. What does Helena tell Theo when he returns, and why does she want him off the phone?
7. How does the book end?
8. Summarize the confrontation between Xan and Theo.
9. What are the threats Julian, Theo, and Miriam must confront once they are reunited after the robbery?
10. What does Miriam inform Theo of in the car, and what is his reaction? Who knows and who doesn't know the secret?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)