|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theo's concern in Chapter 25?
(a) The car will get stolen.
(b) They are likely to be seen if separated.
(c) Julian will have the baby early.
(d) They will run out of food.
2. What do Theo and Julian feed one another in the woodshed?
3. Who has knocked at Theo's door in Chapter 21?
4. What does Woolvington do in the woodshed?
(a) Stands at Julian's head, on guard.
(b) Hugs Theo.
(c) Tries to take the baby from Julian's grasp.
5. When does Theo say in his journal that they will leave the place he is writing because of the flat tire?
(a) They will stay through the delivery of the baby.
(b) In two days.
(c) The next morning.
(d) In one hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is his home when Theo returns from his travels?
2. How long does Rolf imagine they will be pulled over after the car gets a flat tire?
3. Who agrees with Theo that Xan should know about Julian's pregnancy after Theo observes it for the first time?
4. Who is afraid of another attack on the way out of the woods?
5. What promise does Theo leave Julian with after he tells her of the SSP's visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Theo regard his feelings towards the person he meets at the market in Chapter 19? What does he decide he will do next?
2. What kind of Warden does Rolf say he would be? What is Theo's reaction?
3. When Theo awakens in Chapter 25, where does he learn that Luke and Julian have gone? What does he think of their disappearance from the rest of the group?
4. Describe the burial in Chapter 28.
5. Summarize the confrontation between Xan and Theo.
6. What are Theo's nightmares about after his return home from traveling?
7. What has happened to Rolf after Theo awakes after Luke's burial? What does Theo expect he is doing and what is his response?
8. How do Theo and the Five Fishes spend the rest of the relaxing day in Chapter 26?
9. How does Theo treat the old couple? Give examples.
10. What happens after the baby is born?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)