|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theo expect Miriam to ask him as he leaves her for the village?
(a) How would he get a car?
(b) How long he will be gone.
(c) How she should be expected to deliver the baby now.
(d) Where they should hide.
2. How does Theo know what to say while christening the baby?
(a) Luke's prayer book.
(b) A childhood memory.
(c) He speaks impromptu.
(d) Felicia has reminded him.
3. What is the task Luke is given in Chapter 26?
(a) Washing the car.
(b) Mapping the voyage.
(c) Tending the stored supplies.
(d) Provide entertainment.
4. When does Theo say in his journal that they will leave the place he is writing because of the flat tire?
(a) In one hour.
(b) The next morning.
(c) In two days.
(d) They will stay through the delivery of the baby.
5. Where does Theo see Julian in Chapter 19?
(b) The doctor's office.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) The market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Theo rely on to untie the couple?
2. "We can't risk some fool stopping and offering to help." Who says this?
3. Who are Theo and the Five Fishes greeted by after they stop the car due to a downed tree?
4. Why is Miriam concerned about how fast the car is being driven in Chapter 24?
5. What final act of decency does Theo bestow upon the couple?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Miriam come for Theo?
2. How does Theo treat the old couple? Give examples.
3. What does Miriam inform Theo of in the car, and what is his reaction? Who knows and who doesn't know the secret?
4. What kind of Warden does Rolf say he would be? What is Theo's reaction?
5. Why does Theo take Miriam inside to Jasper's, and not to Rolf?
6. How does Rolf say he can "use" Theo? How does Theo respond?
7. What are Theo's nightmares about after his return home from traveling?
8. What do Theo and Miriam find inside Jasper's home? Describe what happens next.
9. What do Theo, Miriam, and Julian learn when they listen to the radio?
10. Describe the burial in Chapter 28.
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)