|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theo think of the setting of Wychwood Forest?
(a) He understands Julian's desire to have the baby in private.
(b) He wishes the baby could be delivered somewhere more sterile.
(c) He finds it too cold for a baby to be born in.
(d) He regrets not being able to have time to travel to a different forest he feels more sacred.
2. How does Theo regard Miriam's midwifery?
(a) Was probably once talented, but has lost her abilities over twenty-five years.
(b) Never believed she was good.
(c) He respects her mystical abilities.
(d) Annoyed she won't stop using technological terms.
3. What does Theo notice after talking to Julian for a few minutes in Chapter 19?
(a) She looks older and tired.
(b) She looks more beautiful then he remembered.
(c) Her hand is deformed.
(d) She has gained weight.
4. What is the task Luke is given in Chapter 26?
(a) Mapping the voyage.
(b) Provide entertainment.
(c) Washing the car.
(d) Tending the stored supplies.
5. Whose house is Theo taking the Five Fishes to in Chapter 22?
(c) His mother's.
(d) His aunt's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theo silently suggest Julian's baby should be?
2. What is wrong with Luke's body initially upon placing it on the ground?
3. After Theo and the Five Fishes leave the chapel and drive to their next destination, who accuses whom of feeling superior to everyone?
4. Where does Theo see Julian in Chapter 19?
5. Who has knocked at Theo's door in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Theo see at the market after the SSP come to his home, and what happens between them?
2. What does Miriam inform Theo of in the car, and what is his reaction? Who knows and who doesn't know the secret?
3. What do Theo, Miriam, and Julian learn when they listen to the radio?
4. What are the threats Julian, Theo, and Miriam must confront once they are reunited after the robbery?
5. How does Rolf say he can "use" Theo? How does Theo respond?
6. What has happened to Rolf after Theo awakes after Luke's burial? What does Theo expect he is doing and what is his response?
7. How does Theo treat the old couple? Give examples.
8. How is Rolf distanced from the group throughout the burial and after?
9. How does Theo regard his feelings towards the person he meets at the market in Chapter 19? What does he decide he will do next?
10. Summarize the confrontation between Xan and Theo.
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)