|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theo know what to say while christening the baby?
(a) He speaks impromptu.
(b) Luke's prayer book.
(c) Felicia has reminded him.
(d) A childhood memory.
2. Why is Miriam concerned about how fast the car is being driven in Chapter 24?
(a) Being pulled over by the SSP.
(b) Premature labor.
(c) Slipping on ice.
(d) Spilling the supplies in the trunk.
3. What promise does Theo leave Julian with after he tells her of the SSP's visit?
(a) The Five Fishes may use his country home for safety.
(b) He will faithfully come if ever sent for.
(c) He will talk to Xan again.
(d) He will not rest until the Five Fishes' goals are met.
4. Who says the burial service over Luke?
5. What does Theo do first after arriving home from Europe?
(a) Reread his diary entries from his travels.
(b) He phoned Helena.
(c) Cleaned a smashed window.
(d) He checked for messages from Julian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Theo rob the first houses he sees?
2. How is his home when Theo returns from his travels?
3. Who does Theo rely on to untie the couple?
4. Who goes into the house with Theo?
5. What is Theo's concern in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Rolf after Theo awakes after Luke's burial? What does Theo expect he is doing and what is his response?
2. What are Theo's nightmares about after his return home from traveling?
3. How does Theo treat the old couple? Give examples.
4. What kind of Warden does Rolf say he would be? What is Theo's reaction?
5. What happens after the baby is born?
6. How does Theo regard his feelings towards the person he meets at the market in Chapter 19? What does he decide he will do next?
7. How does the book end?
8. Summarize the confrontation between Xan and Theo.
9. What do Theo and Rolf discuss the morning after the car is pulled over? Do they seem to bond or argue?
10. Describe the burial in Chapter 28.
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)