|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Theo find a note in?
2. How does Theo approach Julian when he sees her for the first time since the SSP came to his home?
(a) He avoids her at first, overwhelmed by his feelings, but decides he must warn her.
(b) He goes up to her immediately and tells her he needs to speak with her about the SSP.
(c) He follows her, thinking of her lovingly, and finally says hello when she has almost left.
(d) He follows her and embarrasses himself by walking into an old woman.
3. Why doesn't Theo rob the first houses he sees?
(a) He has an instinct to go further into the town.
(b) The neighborhood is very well-lit.
(c) He is sure they are heavily guarded.
(d) Too many neighbors.
4. What is Theo doing when there is a knock at the door in the second chapter of Book 2?
5. How does Julian respond to the news of the SSP?
(a) She is concerned they are being watched.
(b) She is not concerned.
(c) She says they have been to her, too.
(d) She suggests that Theo leave town.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Theo and the Five Fishes leave the chapel and drive to their next destination, who accuses whom of feeling superior to everyone?
2. Who drives the car at the end of Chapter 23?
3. Who goes into the house with Theo?
4. What does Theo take from Xan after he shoots him?
5. Why does Theo pull the car over in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miriam inform Theo of in the car, and what is his reaction? Who knows and who doesn't know the secret?
2. Why does Miriam come for Theo?
3. What goes through Theo's mind when he sees the tree blocking the road in Chapter 27? What happens next?
4. What are Theo's nightmares about after his return home from traveling?
5. What does Theo write in his diary about the Five Fishes as he discusses the day of relaxation before they depart for Wales?
6. What kind of Warden does Rolf say he would be? What is Theo's reaction?
7. What do Theo and Miriam find inside Jasper's home? Describe what happens next.
8. What happens after the baby is born?
9. How does Rolf say he can "use" Theo? How does Theo respond?
10. When Theo awakens in Chapter 25, where does he learn that Luke and Julian have gone? What does he think of their disappearance from the rest of the group?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)