|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theo's daughter's name?
2. Where does Theo tell the Five Fishes he will go after he meets them for the first time?
(a) The Isle of Man.
(b) St. Margaret's Church.
(c) The Sojourners' headquarters.
3. What about Oxford does Theo now have trouble accepting as he walks through the streets after his meeting with Xan?
(a) Lack of intellectual energy.
(b) The Omega's snobbery.
(d) The streams of porn shops.
4. What is Xan wearing when he surprises Theo at the car in Chapter 13?
(a) A pinstriped suit.
(b) A tweed coat.
(c) A feathered hat.
(d) A fur-lined jacket.
5. On what anniversary that Helena seems ignorant of does she call Theo on the phone?
(a) One year since she left him.
(b) Twenty-seven years since their daughter died.
(c) Thirty years since they married.
(d) One year since his mother died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theo decide with regards to trying to contact the Five Fishes at the end of Chapter 18?
2. What are the legal requirements regarding newborn domestic animals?
3. What is Julian's most notable physical feature?
4. What does the Baronet buy Theo?
5. What is the Quietus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Cast Museum say about Xan and Theo's relationship?
2. Who are the flagellants in the park and what do they represent of society?
3. How have you seen Theo change since the beginning of the book as he leaves the note at the Cast Museum saying he will help the Five Fishes?
4. What day does Theo receive his invitation to Helena's home? How does he feel towards her new life?
5. Describe Theo's concerns that he writes about in his diary after his visit from the State Security Police.
6. Why do you think Theo is repulsed so much by the Quietus, even though it seems to be his society's norm?
7. Why is Theo annoyed when Julian tries to consider that being sent to the Isle of Man is a good idea?
8. In their private conversation after the meeting, how does Xan describe his authority to Theo?
9. What is the Coronation Ring and why is Theo unhappy with Xan for wearing it?
10. How does Theo think Xan will respond to the notice from the Five Fishes? If Theo never leaves the Council, could he be more help to Julian?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)