|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the weapons of the unwelcome visitors decorated with?
(b) Human hair.
2. How does Theo know what to say while christening the baby?
(a) A childhood memory.
(b) Felicia has reminded him.
(c) Luke's prayer book.
(d) He speaks impromptu.
3. How does Theo describe the hotel in Ravello?
(a) Clean with delicious food.
(b) Large and anonymous.
(c) Expensive, half-empty.
(d) Surprisingly bustling.
4. What does Rolf learn as Julian mourns Luke's death?
(a) Julian is in love with Theo.
(b) He is not the father of the baby.
(c) He has been selfish and doesn't wish to be Warden anymore.
(d) Miriam is in love with him.
5. Why is Rolf sure he can become Warden of England?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His ideals.
(c) His sperm.
(d) His looks.
6. What does Julian want Theo to leave behind while he journeys to the village?
(a) His watch.
(b) His jacket.
(d) The gun.
7. Why is Miriam concerned about how fast the car is being driven in Chapter 24?
(a) Being pulled over by the SSP.
(b) Spilling the supplies in the trunk.
(c) Premature labor.
(d) Slipping on ice.
8. What does Theo put in his pocket in Chapter 22?
(a) Prescription pills.
(b) A kinfe.
(c) Money he stole.
(d) A gun.
9. How does Julian respond to the news of the SSP?
(a) She is not concerned.
(b) She is concerned they are being watched.
(c) She suggests that Theo leave town.
(d) She says they have been to her, too.
10. Who are Rolf's political views most similar to?
(d) Rosie McClure.
11. What time is it in the beginning of Chapter 27?
12. What promise does Theo leave Julian with after he tells her of the SSP's visit?
(a) He will faithfully come if ever sent for.
(b) He will talk to Xan again.
(c) He will not rest until the Five Fishes' goals are met.
(d) The Five Fishes may use his country home for safety.
13. How much time does Theo initially think he has before Rolf gets to his destination?
(a) Five hours.
(b) One day.
(c) A few days.
(d) Twelve hours.
14. Why does Theo step outside the woodshed during the preparations for the birthing?
(a) He thought he heard something.
(b) Miriam doesn't need him yet.
(c) He needed to be alone to think.
(d) Julian prefers only Miriam inside.
15. Who is afraid of another attack on the way out of the woods?
(b) Miriam and Julian.
(c) None of them.
(d) All three of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood of the characters in Chapter 26?
2. What does Luke use as an altar when he holds a private religious service with Julian?
3. How does Theo think of London as he contemplates his next move after the robbery?
4. What are Julian and Luke doing alone in the morning in Chapter 25?
5. Why does Theo pull the car over in Chapter 23?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)