|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theo do first after arriving home from Europe?
(a) Cleaned a smashed window.
(b) Reread his diary entries from his travels.
(c) He checked for messages from Julian.
(d) He phoned Helena.
2. What job is Theo given as Miriam still prepares for the baby's delivery?
(a) Read from Luke's prayer book.
(b) Fill buckets of water from the lake.
(c) Build a fire.
(d) Hunt for food.
3. What does Theo recall Xan announcing years prior at the place where the rest of the Five Fishes are hiding in Chapter 21?
(a) He hated his father.
(b) He had murdered someone.
(c) He was to join the army.
(d) He was in love.
4. How does Theo regard Miriam's midwifery?
(a) He respects her mystical abilities.
(b) Was probably once talented, but has lost her abilities over twenty-five years.
(c) Annoyed she won't stop using technological terms.
(d) Never believed she was good.
5. What does Theo silently suggest Julian's baby should be?
(b) Beautiful in every way.
(c) A demon.
(d) Grossly deformed.
6. How much time does Theo initially think he has before Rolf gets to his destination?
(a) One day.
(b) Five hours.
(c) A few days.
(d) Twelve hours.
7. After Xan finds Theo and Julian, what does he tell Theo he will do with Julian?
(a) Keep the baby, send her abroad.
(b) Arrest her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Marry her.
8. Who are Theo and the Five Fishes greeted by after they stop the car due to a downed tree?
(c) The SSP.
9. What time is it in the beginning of Chapter 27?
10. As Miriam lodges concern over the speed of the car in Chapter 24, how is Julian behaving?
(b) In pain.
11. What does Rolf not do at the end of Chapter 24 that Theo expects?
(a) Insult him.
(b) Argue with Julian.
(c) Insist they leave immediately.
(d) Explode with anger.
12. How does Theo think of London as he contemplates his next move after the robbery?
(a) Xan keeps London from ever being an option.
(b) He has a friend with a home in a hidden alley he will go to.
(c) Large enough to hide in, but too many eyes.
(d) He will go to his former colleagues abandoned mansion in Wimbledon.
13. What are the weapons of the unwelcome visitors decorated with?
(a) Human hair.
14. What is wrong with Luke's body initially upon placing it on the ground?
(a) His eyelids swung open.
(b) He was face down.
(c) His face was covered in mud.
(d) He had the map somewhere on his person.
15. What does Theo expect Miriam to ask him as he leaves her for the village?
(a) How she should be expected to deliver the baby now.
(b) Where they should hide.
(c) How long he will be gone.
(d) How would he get a car?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theo's concern in Chapter 25?
2. Why does Theo feel guilty when he arrives with Julian and Miriam at Wychwood Forest?
3. Why is Rolf sure he can become Warden of England?
4. How long has it been since Miriam left the woodshed in the final chapter?
5. Who are Rolf's political views most similar to?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)