|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sleeps in the car after Theo and the Five Fishes have to camp because of the flat tire?
(a) Julian and Rolf.
(b) Miriam and Luke.
(c) Miriam, Julian, and Luke.
(d) Julian and Miriam.
2. What are Julian and Luke doing alone in the morning in Chapter 25?
(b) Preparing a meal.
3. Where does Theo see Julian in Chapter 19?
(a) The market.
(c) The doctor's office.
(d) A coffee shop.
4. Who does Theo rely on to untie the couple?
(a) Their daughter.
(b) Their maid.
(c) He will phone the police in the morning himself.
(d) He left a note to their neighbor.
5. What has Miriam found in the car in Chapter 26?
(b) A gun.
(d) A flashlight.
6. How does Theo regard Miriam's midwifery?
(a) He respects her mystical abilities.
(b) Was probably once talented, but has lost her abilities over twenty-five years.
(c) Annoyed she won't stop using technological terms.
(d) Never believed she was good.
7. Who are Theo and the Five Fishes greeted by after they stop the car due to a downed tree?
(a) The SSP.
8. What does Theo and the remainder of the Five Fishes do at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) All of the above.
(c) Tell stories of Luke.
9. How much time does Theo initially think he has before Rolf gets to his destination?
(a) A few days.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) One day.
10. Why does Theo step outside the woodshed during the preparations for the birthing?
(a) He needed to be alone to think.
(b) He thought he heard something.
(c) Miriam doesn't need him yet.
(d) Julian prefers only Miriam inside.
11. Who goes into the house with Theo?
12. What word does Rolf use to say that Theo is not the leader of this?
13. What is Theo doing when there is a knock at the door in the second chapter of Book 2?
14. What final act of decency does Theo bestow upon the couple?
(a) He untied them and let them use the bathroom.
(b) He covered them with blankets.
(c) He put on soothing music.
(d) He helped them drink a glass of water.
15. What job is Theo given as Miriam still prepares for the baby's delivery?
(a) Build a fire.
(b) Hunt for food.
(c) Fill buckets of water from the lake.
(d) Read from Luke's prayer book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theo's concern in Chapter 25?
2. What language does Theo find a note in?
3. What helps Theo find Julian and Miriam as he drives the stolen car to reunite with them?
4. Why does Theo feel guilty when he arrives with Julian and Miriam at Wychwood Forest?
5. How long does Rolf imagine they will be pulled over after the car gets a flat tire?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)