|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is afraid of another attack on the way out of the woods?
(a) None of them.
(c) Miriam and Julian.
(d) All three of them.
2. How is Chapter 26 written?
(a) Through the perspective of Rolf.
(b) An an entry of Theo's diary.
(c) Through the perspective of Julian.
(d) The third person.
3. How does Theo approach Julian when he sees her for the first time since the SSP came to his home?
(a) He avoids her at first, overwhelmed by his feelings, but decides he must warn her.
(b) He follows her and embarrasses himself by walking into an old woman.
(c) He follows her, thinking of her lovingly, and finally says hello when she has almost left.
(d) He goes up to her immediately and tells her he needs to speak with her about the SSP.
4. What job is Theo given as Miriam still prepares for the baby's delivery?
(a) Fill buckets of water from the lake.
(b) Hunt for food.
(c) Build a fire.
(d) Read from Luke's prayer book.
5. What does Luke use as an altar when he holds a private religious service with Julian?
(a) A tin box.
(b) He didn't have one.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A tree stump.
6. How does Theo decide to abandon the car?
(a) Throw dirt and leaves over the top to hide it from aerial view.
(b) Push it in a pond.
(c) Push it over a cliff.
(d) Hide it in the garage of a deserted home.
7. Why does Helena hurry off the phone when Theo calls her upon arriving home from traveling?
(a) She is expecting a call.
(b) Someone has company.
(c) She is cooking dinner.
(d) Rupert wishes for Helena not to speak with Theo.
8. What final act of decency does Theo bestow upon the couple?
(a) He covered them with blankets.
(b) He put on soothing music.
(c) He helped them drink a glass of water.
(d) He untied them and let them use the bathroom.
9. As Miriam lodges concern over the speed of the car in Chapter 24, how is Julian behaving?
(a) In pain.
10. How does Theo know what to say while christening the baby?
(a) He speaks impromptu.
(b) Felicia has reminded him.
(c) Luke's prayer book.
(d) A childhood memory.
11. How does Julian respond to the news of the SSP?
(a) She says they have been to her, too.
(b) She is concerned they are being watched.
(c) She suggests that Theo leave town.
(d) She is not concerned.
12. Where does Theo go at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) A camp for Sojourners.
(b) An abandoned chapel Julian messaged to Theo where he could find her.
(c) His parents' grave.
(d) The church he met the Five Fishes at.
13. What does Theo think of the setting of Wychwood Forest?
(a) He regrets not being able to have time to travel to a different forest he feels more sacred.
(b) He finds it too cold for a baby to be born in.
(c) He wishes the baby could be delivered somewhere more sterile.
(d) He understands Julian's desire to have the baby in private.
14. What catastrophe occurs immediately following the birth?
(a) A snake slithers into the shed.
(b) Theo spills the only water.
(c) Miriam drops the baby.
(d) Julian loses a large amount of blood.
15. Which of the Five Fishes does Theo learn has been kidnapped from the person at the door?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theo do first after arriving home from Europe?
2. Why is Rolf sure he can become Warden of England?
3. What does Theo notice after talking to Julian for a few minutes in Chapter 19?
4. What disease does Luke suffer as a child?
5. What is wrong with Luke's body initially upon placing it on the ground?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)