|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Theo's thoughts towards England holding a general election?
(a) He doesn't bother to care about things like that.
(b) He thinks it would be disruptive and Xan would win anyway.
(c) He would like to run against his cousin.
(d) He agrees with the Five Fishes, and hopes to see Xan lose.
2. Who is the last character to speak in Chapter 12?
(d) The Grenadier.
3. What reoccurring nightmare does Theo have of his father?
(a) His father in excruciating pain on his deathbed.
(b) His father standing at the foot of Theo's bed with an infected stub finger.
(c) His father beating him.
(d) His father hanging by a noose.
4. What is Theo's daughter's name?
5. Who beat themselves for the sin of mankind?
(b) Youth groups.
6. Which is the Year Omega?
7. What is Theo's job with Xan?
(b) Minister of Historic Record.
(c) Minister for Justice and State Security.
8. The position of Warden of England has officially replaced which other title?
(a) Prime Minister.
(b) Chancellor of Defense.
(c) Minister of State.
(d) King of England.
9. Which word does the author NOT use to describe the Omega officer who visits Theo's home?
10. Where is Digby from?
11. Where does Theo go in Oxford in Chapter 14?
(a) The chapel.
(b) The museum.
(c) The library.
(d) The pub.
12. Who is Theo meeting in Chapter 14?
13. Where does Xan take Theo to walk after their meeting?
(a) The courtyard.
(b) A promenade.
(c) The park.
(d) Along the river.
14. Who does Theo recognize struggling near the ocean?
(b) Xan's mother.
(d) His mother.
15. Where is Theo meeting Xan on behalf of the Five Fishes in Chapter 11?
(a) The university.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) Xan's old home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theo's father die?
2. What secret of his father does Xan reveal to Theo while they walk in the park?
3. What does Theo regret of himself in the last sentence of Chapter 15?
4. How many times does Theo lie to the State Security Police when they visit him?
5. Who introduces Theo to the museum in Chapter 10?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)