Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jasper considering moving to?
(d) New York.
2. Which is the Year Omega?
3. How does the author describe the drawing on the Five Fishes' pamphlet that Theo has been delivered?
4. Who does Theo's wife leave him for?
(a) A poster and dust jacket designer.
(b) A children's doctor.
(c) The neighbor who saw Theo run over their daughter.
(d) A Polish playwright.
5. What is Theo's job with Xan?
(b) Minister for Justice and State Security.
(d) Minister of Historic Record.
6. Why does Theo believe that Helena speaks poorly of him to Rupert?
(a) He hadn't seen her exercise better control of herself with any other subject.
(b) He regrets being verbally abusive to her in the past, and she is very vocal about it now.
(c) A mutual friend has told him that she does so.
(d) Rupert gives him uncomfortable glances whenever they meet.
7. Where is Digby from?
8. Who is Rolf?
(a) Julian's brother.
(b) Theo's friend from college.
(c) A priest.
(d) Julian's husband.
9. What is the Quietus?
(a) The elderly perform a mass suicide.
(b) Scientists use stem cells to breed a new human race.
(c) Women are injected with questionable fertility drugs.
(d) Rioting by renegades.
10. How long has it been since Xan went to the home he grew up in?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Five years.
11. Xan and Theo are both named after whom?
(b) Biblical figures.
12. Who introduces Theo to the museum in Chapter 10?
(a) His mother.
(d) His favorite professor.
13. "I wouldn't say the Tudor age was uniquely cruel... They died young in those days. Every age has its cruelties." Who says this?
(b) The Chief Inspector.
(c) Oliver Cathcart.
14. What is on Hilda's cardigan when Theo visits her home?
(a) Congealed food.
(b) A pin of a newborn.
(c) A crucifix.
15. Why is Helena accepted into Oxford University when she is young?
(a) She was a very talented artist and received a scholarship.
(b) Her father gave a large donation.
(c) Her father was well respected and she had expensive schooling growing up.
(d) She was a genius. Theo was jealous of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theo's old driver's name?
2. Why does Theo believe the old women have been drugged?
3. "I never understood Dr. Faron's precise function when he was Warden's Adviser and it hasn't become clearer with his absence and the passing of three years." Who says this?
4. Who beat themselves for the sin of mankind?
5. What is Julian's most notable physical feature?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)