|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theo come to the museum in the first place?
(a) To leave his response for the Five Fishes.
(b) He misses his childhood days with Xan.
(c) To meet Julian.
(d) He wants to reconnect with the memories of his daughter.
2. For whom is there still law and order in England?
(a) All Europeans.
(b) The wealthy.
3. What display of the museum has Xan always preferred?
(a) The evolution exhibit.
(b) The mummies.
(c) The early classical male statues.
(d) The Impressionists paintings.
4. What is Theo's opinion of the Chief Inspector at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) A coward, fulfilling his need for pre-measured authority.
(b) A respectable administer of order, unusual for the times.
(c) A terrifying bureaucrat capable of unspeakable evil.
(d) An aging and foul-smelling, wishful hero who missed his chance.
5. What does Theo regret of himself in the last sentence of Chapter 15?
(a) He wishes he had the group's passion.
(b) He misses having a family.
(c) He wishes Julian loved him.
(d) He regrets leaving his job with Xan.
6. What does Theo expect at the end of his meeting with Xan?
(a) A door to be slammed behind him.
(b) The clamp of the Grenadier's hand.
(c) Xan to ask Theo to return to work for him.
(d) Another snide remark from Felicia.
7. What is Theo's purpose for keeping a diary?
(a) It's a self-exploring, emotional release.
(b) To recount his life for whomever may find the book.
(c) Simply to pass the time.
(d) To log the second half of his life's memories for his own enjoyment later.
8. What importance is Theo's visit to the bed and breakfast?
(a) He stops a robbery.
(b) Theo learns of the truth behind what occurs at Blythburgh.
(c) Theo and the owner are strongly attracted to one another.
(d) The owner sees him as a sign from God.
9. What does the Baronet buy Theo?
(a) A computer.
(b) New shoes.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bike.
10. What is the name of the course Theo has taught to the Chief Inspector's niece?
(a) Victorian Life and Times.
(b) Philosophy of Omega.
(c) Philosophy of Elizabethan England.
(d) History in Elizabethan Literature.
11. In Chapter 12, who else is at the meeting with Xan that Theo thought would be private?
(a) The Council.
(b) Army officers.
(c) The Five Fishes.
(d) State Security Police.
12. What is Theo's old driver's name?
13. Who is Rolf?
(a) Theo's friend from college.
(b) Julian's brother.
(c) Julian's husband.
(d) A priest.
14. What does Theo still refuse to believe about Xan after he has met with him for the first time in years?
(a) He likes the idea of the Man Penal Colony.
(b) He has become religious.
(c) He is evil.
(d) He is unloved.
15. What does Theo decide with regards to trying to contact the Five Fishes at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) He is awaiting the location of his next meeting with Julian.
(b) He must only wait.
(c) He will search the university's past records to find Julian's contact information.
(d) He will search for one of them, he just doesn't know who yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the drawing on the Five Fishes' pamphlet that Theo has been delivered?
2. Who are the Grenadiers?
3. Finish the quote. "If we are dying we can die as human beings, not as _____."
4. What is the first of the Five Fishes' concerns that Theo speaks of at the meeting in Chapter 12?
5. How does Theo know Jasper?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)