|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What importance is Theo's visit to the bed and breakfast?
(a) The owner sees him as a sign from God.
(b) Theo learns of the truth behind what occurs at Blythburgh.
(c) He stops a robbery.
(d) Theo and the owner are strongly attracted to one another.
2. What is Xan wearing when he surprises Theo at the car in Chapter 13?
(a) A tweed coat.
(b) A feathered hat.
(c) A fur-lined jacket.
(d) A pinstriped suit.
3. Why is Digby afraid of Theo?
(a) Theo threatened him.
(b) He fears he will alert the state that he needs to be taken to the Quietus.
(c) He thinks he recognizes him as someone who attacked him in the street.
(d) He is crazy.
4. What does the Baronet buy Theo?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A bike.
(c) A dog.
(d) A computer.
5. Which is the Year Omega?
6. How does Theo's father die?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) He was murdered.
7. For whom is there still law and order in England?
(b) All Europeans.
(d) The wealthy.
8. Where is Jasper considering moving to?
(a) New York.
9. Xan's large home becomes what in later years?
(a) A school.
(b) A mental hospital.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) A church.
10. How does the author describe the drawing on the Five Fishes' pamphlet that Theo has been delivered?
11. What does Theo expect at the end of his meeting with Xan?
(a) The clamp of the Grenadier's hand.
(b) A door to be slammed behind him.
(c) Another snide remark from Felicia.
(d) Xan to ask Theo to return to work for him.
12. What are Sojourners?
(a) Gypsies that rob the elderly.
(b) Omegas from other countries paid to do servant's work.
(c) Violent women disillusioned about their infertility.
(d) Religious preachers who promise damnation.
13. Where does Xan take Theo to walk after their meeting?
(a) The park.
(b) A promenade.
(c) Along the river.
(d) The courtyard.
14. The position of Warden of England has officially replaced which other title?
(a) Minister of State.
(b) Prime Minister.
(c) King of England.
(d) Chancellor of Defense.
15. Who are the Grenadiers?
(b) Serial killers.
(c) A band.
(d) Xan's private army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theo still refuse to believe about Xan after he has met with him for the first time in years?
2. Who is the last character to speak in Chapter 12?
3. Xan and Theo are both named after whom?
4. When Theo is frustrated during his conversation in Chapter 14, what does the author say he wishes to do?
5. Who does Theo's wife leave him for?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)