|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theo do with the Five Fishes' pamphlet?
(a) Flushed it down the toilet.
(b) Wrote his grocery list over it.
(c) Showed it to Helena.
(d) Saved it in his diary.
2. How does the driver describe the flagellants?
(a) "An obnoxious reminder to our fate."
(b) "A horde of vile beasts unworthy of breath."
(c) "A group adding nothing more than insult to injury."
(d) "A rabble of no-hopers."
3. What display of the museum has Xan always preferred?
(a) The early classical male statues.
(b) The evolution exhibit.
(c) The mummies.
(d) The Impressionists paintings.
4. Who does Theo's wife leave him for?
(a) A children's doctor.
(b) A Polish playwright.
(c) A poster and dust jacket designer.
(d) The neighbor who saw Theo run over their daughter.
5. What do Theo and his wife do shortly after the death of their daughter?
(b) Have a son.
(c) Move closer to the city.
(d) Quit their jobs.
6. The position of Warden of England has officially replaced which other title?
(a) Minister of State.
(b) Chancellor of Defense.
(c) Prime Minister.
(d) King of England.
7. After his thoughts swirl from the visit of the SSP and then the Five Fishes, what does Theo ponder next in Chapter 18?
8. "I wouldn't say the Tudor age was uniquely cruel... They died young in those days. Every age has its cruelties." Who says this?
(a) Oliver Cathcart.
(b) The Chief Inspector.
9. Who attacks Theo at the Quietus he witnesses?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A soldier.
(c) Someone he tries to stop from committing suicide.
(d) A Sojourner.
10. Where does Theo tell the Five Fishes he will go after he meets them for the first time?
(b) St. Margaret's Church.
(c) The Sojourners' headquarters.
(d) The Isle of Man.
11. What is Helena's cat named?
12. Who introduces Theo to the museum in Chapter 10?
(a) His favorite professor.
(b) His mother.
13. What reoccurring nightmare does Theo have of his father?
(a) His father hanging by a noose.
(b) His father standing at the foot of Theo's bed with an infected stub finger.
(c) His father beating him.
(d) His father in excruciating pain on his deathbed.
14. What does Theo's mother do for extra money during his youth?
(a) Give piano lessons.
(c) Replicate prints.
(d) Tutor French.
15. What museum does Chapter 10 center around?
(a) The Archaeology Museum.
(b) The Art Museum.
(c) The Cast Museum.
(d) The Wax Museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Theo previously been to Blythburgh with?
2. Where is Digby from?
3. Whose sperm is tested as mandated by British law?
4. How does the Chief Inspector respond when Theo insists that the search of his home begin promptly?
5. What is the first of the Five Fishes' concerns that Theo speaks of at the meeting in Chapter 12?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)