|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who else is at the meeting with Xan that Theo thought would be private?
(a) The Five Fishes.
(b) Army officers.
(c) State Security Police.
(d) The Council.
2. What are Theo's thoughts towards England holding a general election?
(a) He agrees with the Five Fishes, and hopes to see Xan lose.
(b) He would like to run against his cousin.
(c) He doesn't bother to care about things like that.
(d) He thinks it would be disruptive and Xan would win anyway.
3. What does Theo do with the Five Fishes' pamphlet?
(a) Saved it in his diary.
(b) Showed it to Helena.
(c) Wrote his grocery list over it.
(d) Flushed it down the toilet.
4. Why does Theo believe the old women have been drugged?
(a) They twirl and dance.
(b) They speak in made-up languages.
(c) They attack one another.
(d) They sing children's songs.
5. Why does Theo come to the museum in the first place?
(a) He wants to reconnect with the memories of his daughter.
(b) He misses his childhood days with Xan.
(c) To meet Julian.
(d) To leave his response for the Five Fishes.
6. Who attacks Theo at the Quietus he witnesses?
(a) Someone he tries to stop from committing suicide.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A Sojourner.
(d) A police officer.
7. Who does Theo's wife leave him for?
(a) A poster and dust jacket designer.
(b) A Polish playwright.
(c) A children's doctor.
(d) The neighbor who saw Theo run over their daughter.
8. How does Theo's father die?
(b) He was murdered.
(d) Heart attack.
9. Which is not a demand of the Five Fishes as printed on their pamphlet?
(a) Provide meals for the homeless.
(b) End fertility testing.
(c) Liberate the Isle of Man.
(d) End the Quietus.
10. What secret of his father does Xan reveal to Theo while they walk in the park?
(a) He was gay.
(b) He was a criminal.
(c) He was a drug addict.
(d) He kept mistresses.
11. What does the Baronet buy Theo?
(a) A bike.
(b) A dog.
(c) A computer.
(d) New shoes.
12. Where does Theo go in Oxford in Chapter 14?
(a) The library.
(b) The pub.
(c) The museum.
(d) The chapel.
13. Xan and Theo are both named after whom?
(b) Biblical figures.
14. How does the author describe the drawing on the Five Fishes' pamphlet that Theo has been delivered?
15. "I never understood Dr. Faron's precise function when he was Warden's Adviser and it hasn't become clearer with his absence and the passing of three years." Who says this?
Short Answer Questions
1. What museum does Chapter 10 center around?
2. What is Xan's home in Dorset called?
3. How does Theo describe the destruction of ramps at the Quietus to the Chief Inspector?
4. What is Theo's daughter's name?
5. Which is the Year Omega?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)