|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The position of Warden of England has officially replaced which other title?
(a) Prime Minister.
(b) Chancellor of Defense.
(c) Minister of State.
(d) King of England.
2. Which is the Year Omega?
3. Where is Digby from?
4. Who is Rolf?
(a) Julian's brother.
(b) Theo's friend from college.
(c) Julian's husband.
(d) A priest.
5. Finish the quote. "If we are dying we can die as human beings, not as _____."
6. Who has Theo previously been to Blythburgh with?
(a) Xan and his family.
(b) His ex-wife and daughter.
(c) His parents.
(d) His first girlfriend.
7. What is Xan's home in Dorset called?
8. How does the author describe the drawing on the Five Fishes' pamphlet that Theo has been delivered?
9. What is Theo's job with Xan?
(b) Minister for Justice and State Security.
(d) Minister of Historic Record.
10. How does the Chief Inspector respond when Theo insists that the search of his home begin promptly?
(a) He is annoyed by Theo's assertiveness, and searches the home himself.
(b) He leaves the room to make a call.
(c) He obliges and sends Cathcart to begin.
(d) He questions why Theo would assume he was being searched.
11. What does Theo decide with regards to trying to contact the Five Fishes at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) He will search for one of them, he just doesn't know who yet.
(b) He is awaiting the location of his next meeting with Julian.
(c) He will search the university's past records to find Julian's contact information.
(d) He must only wait.
12. Who introduces Theo to the museum in Chapter 10?
(a) His mother.
(c) His favorite professor.
13. "I never understood Dr. Faron's precise function when he was Warden's Adviser and it hasn't become clearer with his absence and the passing of three years." Who says this?
14. What does Theo do with the Five Fishes' pamphlet?
(a) Saved it in his diary.
(b) Showed it to Helena.
(c) Flushed it down the toilet.
(d) Wrote his grocery list over it.
15. Who points out Felicia's making money out of the former system of criminal prosecution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose sperm is tested as mandated by British law?
2. Why is Helena accepted into Oxford University when she is young?
3. How does Theo describe the destruction of ramps at the Quietus to the Chief Inspector?
4. What importance is Theo's visit to the bed and breakfast?
5. What is Theo's old driver's name?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)