|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the course Theo has taught to the Chief Inspector's niece?
(a) Victorian Life and Times.
(b) History in Elizabethan Literature.
(c) Philosophy of Elizabethan England.
(d) Philosophy of Omega.
2. How does Theo know Jasper?
(a) They studied at university together.
(b) He was his daughter's godfather.
(c) He used to play with Theo and Xan.
(d) He was his old professor.
3. Who points out Felicia's making money out of the former system of criminal prosecution?
4. Who does Theo recognize struggling near the ocean?
(c) His mother.
(d) Xan's mother.
5. In Chapter 12, who else is at the meeting with Xan that Theo thought would be private?
(a) The Council.
(b) Army officers.
(c) State Security Police.
(d) The Five Fishes.
6. Who attacks Theo at the Quietus he witnesses?
(a) A Sojourner.
(b) Someone he tries to stop from committing suicide.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A soldier.
7. "I wouldn't say the Tudor age was uniquely cruel... They died young in those days. Every age has its cruelties." Who says this?
(b) Oliver Cathcart.
(c) The Chief Inspector.
8. What is Xan's home in Dorset called?
9. How does Theo remember Julian from when he taught her in class?
10. What does Theo expect in the near future as he contemplates his meeting with the SSP?
(a) The SSP will immediately inform the Council of their opinion, and Theo expects a subpoena.
(b) The SSP will visit again, and will behave far less amicably .
(c) He is positive the SSP have the Five Fishes, and their assassination is imminent.
(d) He thinks Xan will tap his house and phone lines.
11. Xan and Theo are both named after whom?
(a) Biblical figures.
12. On what anniversary that Helena seems ignorant of does she call Theo on the phone?
(a) One year since his mother died.
(b) One year since she left him.
(c) Thirty years since they married.
(d) Twenty-seven years since their daughter died.
13. What does Theo eat at the inn?
(a) Fish and chips.
(b) Bangers and mash.
(c) Meat pies.
14. What are Sojourners?
(a) Religious preachers who promise damnation.
(b) Violent women disillusioned about their infertility.
(c) Omegas from other countries paid to do servant's work.
(d) Gypsies that rob the elderly.
15. What is the Quietus?
(a) Rioting by renegades.
(b) Scientists use stem cells to breed a new human race.
(c) Women are injected with questionable fertility drugs.
(d) The elderly perform a mass suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose sperm is tested as mandated by British law?
2. Who are the Grenadiers?
3. When Theo is frustrated during his conversation in Chapter 14, what does the author say he wishes to do?
4. How long has it been since Xan went to the home he grew up in?
5. Why does Theo believe the old women have been drugged?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)