|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Church of England replace the sign of the cross with?
(a) A flower.
(b) A mother nursing her child.
(c) A lightbulb.
(d) A golden orb.
2. Why does the priest demand that Theo leave the church before eleven?
(a) There is a mass.
(b) There is a christening.
(c) There is a funeral.
(d) There is a wedding.
3. How long ago does Theo leave his job with Xan?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
4. Who are the Grenadiers?
(a) A band.
(c) Serial killers.
(d) Xan's private army.
5. How does Theo know Jasper?
(a) They studied at university together.
(b) He was his daughter's godfather.
(c) He used to play with Theo and Xan.
(d) He was his old professor.
6. What is the Quietus?
(a) Scientists use stem cells to breed a new human race.
(b) The elderly perform a mass suicide.
(c) Women are injected with questionable fertility drugs.
(d) Rioting by renegades.
7. What importance is Theo's visit to the bed and breakfast?
(a) He stops a robbery.
(b) Theo learns of the truth behind what occurs at Blythburgh.
(c) Theo and the owner are strongly attracted to one another.
(d) The owner sees him as a sign from God.
8. What is Theo's daughter's name?
9. Where is Theo's bedroom in Xan's home?
(a) In the servant's quarters.
(b) Next to Xan's.
(c) He shares a room with Xan.
(d) In the basement.
10. Where does Theo tell the Five Fishes he will go after he meets them for the first time?
(a) The Sojourners' headquarters.
(b) St. Margaret's Church.
(c) The Isle of Man.
11. How does the author describe the drawing on the Five Fishes' pamphlet that Theo has been delivered?
12. Why are more and more people moving into cities?
(a) Cheaper housing, as rural areas become expensive to maintain.
(b) Fear of gypsies in the country.
(c) The only jobs left are in the cities.
(d) Company and services.
13. How does the Chief Inspector respond when Theo insists that the search of his home begin promptly?
(a) He is annoyed by Theo's assertiveness, and searches the home himself.
(b) He questions why Theo would assume he was being searched.
(c) He obliges and sends Cathcart to begin.
(d) He leaves the room to make a call.
14. Who points out Felicia's making money out of the former system of criminal prosecution?
15. On what anniversary that Helena seems ignorant of does she call Theo on the phone?
(a) Thirty years since they married.
(b) Twenty-seven years since their daughter died.
(c) One year since his mother died.
(d) One year since she left him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a demand of the Five Fishes as printed on their pamphlet?
2. What about Oxford does Theo now have trouble accepting as he walks through the streets after his meeting with Xan?
3. What is the first of the Five Fishes' concerns that Theo speaks of at the meeting in Chapter 12?
4. Which word does the author NOT use to describe the Omega officer who visits Theo's home?
5. Who is Theo meeting in Chapter 14?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)