|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Theo's thoughts towards England holding a general election?
(a) He would like to run against his cousin.
(b) He doesn't bother to care about things like that.
(c) He thinks it would be disruptive and Xan would win anyway.
(d) He agrees with the Five Fishes, and hopes to see Xan lose.
2. What does Theo eat at the inn?
(b) Fish and chips.
(c) Meat pies.
(d) Bangers and mash.
3. What is Xan's home in Dorset called?
4. Who introduces Theo to the museum in Chapter 10?
(a) His mother.
(d) His favorite professor.
5. Why is Digby afraid of Theo?
(a) He thinks he recognizes him as someone who attacked him in the street.
(b) He is crazy.
(c) He fears he will alert the state that he needs to be taken to the Quietus.
(d) Theo threatened him.
6. Finish the quote. "If we are dying we can die as human beings, not as _____."
7. In Chapter 12, who else is at the meeting with Xan that Theo thought would be private?
(a) State Security Police.
(b) The Five Fishes.
(c) The Council.
(d) Army officers.
8. Which word does the author NOT use to describe the Omega officer who visits Theo's home?
9. Whose sperm is tested as mandated by British law?
(a) All men.
(b) Any man without a criminal record.
(c) That of healthy and pre-selected men.
(d) University degree holding men.
10. What secret of his father does Xan reveal to Theo while they walk in the park?
(a) He was gay.
(b) He was a criminal.
(c) He kept mistresses.
(d) He was a drug addict.
11. What does Theo decide with regards to trying to contact the Five Fishes at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) He is awaiting the location of his next meeting with Julian.
(b) He will search the university's past records to find Julian's contact information.
(c) He must only wait.
(d) He will search for one of them, he just doesn't know who yet.
12. Who is the Five Fishes' pamphlet addressed to?
(a) To Xan Lyppiatt and the Council of England.
(b) To the people of Britain.
(c) To those concerned with injustice.
(d) To the citizens of the world.
13. What is Theo's purpose for keeping a diary?
(a) To recount his life for whomever may find the book.
(b) To log the second half of his life's memories for his own enjoyment later.
(c) Simply to pass the time.
(d) It's a self-exploring, emotional release.
14. How many times does Theo lie to the State Security Police when they visit him?
(c) He didn't.
(d) Five times.
15. What display of the museum has Xan always preferred?
(a) The Impressionists paintings.
(b) The mummies.
(c) The early classical male statues.
(d) The evolution exhibit.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his thoughts swirl from the visit of the SSP and then the Five Fishes, what does Theo ponder next in Chapter 18?
2. Who is Theo meeting in Chapter 14?
3. What about Oxford does Theo now have trouble accepting as he walks through the streets after his meeting with Xan?
4. Who are the Grenadiers?
5. What museum does Chapter 10 center around?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)