|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Xan take Theo to walk after their meeting?
(a) The courtyard.
(b) The park.
(c) A promenade.
(d) Along the river.
2. Which of Shakespeare's plays is referred to at the end of Chapter 13?
(b) The Tempest.
(c) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
3. Who is Rolf?
(a) Theo's friend from college.
(b) Julian's husband.
(c) A priest.
(d) Julian's brother.
4. What is Xan wearing when he surprises Theo at the car in Chapter 13?
(a) A pinstriped suit.
(b) A tweed coat.
(c) A fur-lined jacket.
(d) A feathered hat.
5. Where is Digby from?
6. What is the name of the course Theo has taught to the Chief Inspector's niece?
(a) Victorian Life and Times.
(b) Philosophy of Elizabethan England.
(c) Philosophy of Omega.
(d) History in Elizabethan Literature.
7. How does the driver describe the flagellants?
(a) "A rabble of no-hopers."
(b) "A group adding nothing more than insult to injury."
(c) "A horde of vile beasts unworthy of breath."
(d) "An obnoxious reminder to our fate."
8. The position of Warden of England has officially replaced which other title?
(a) Prime Minister.
(b) Minister of State.
(c) Chancellor of Defense.
(d) King of England.
9. What museum does Chapter 10 center around?
(a) The Cast Museum.
(b) The Wax Museum.
(c) The Art Museum.
(d) The Archaeology Museum.
10. What does Theo regret of himself in the last sentence of Chapter 15?
(a) He wishes he had the group's passion.
(b) He regrets leaving his job with Xan.
(c) He misses having a family.
(d) He wishes Julian loved him.
11. Where does Theo tell the Five Fishes he will go after he meets them for the first time?
(a) The Sojourners' headquarters.
(b) St. Margaret's Church.
(d) The Isle of Man.
12. How does Theo's father die?
(a) Heart attack.
(d) He was murdered.
13. Why does Theo believe the old women have been drugged?
(a) They twirl and dance.
(b) They speak in made-up languages.
(c) They sing children's songs.
(d) They attack one another.
14. Why does Theo come to the museum in the first place?
(a) He wants to reconnect with the memories of his daughter.
(b) He misses his childhood days with Xan.
(c) To meet Julian.
(d) To leave his response for the Five Fishes.
15. Whose sperm is tested as mandated by British law?
(a) All men.
(b) University degree holding men.
(c) Any man without a criminal record.
(d) That of healthy and pre-selected men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the Year Omega?
2. What does the Church of England replace the sign of the cross with?
3. What display of the museum has Xan always preferred?
4. When Miriam buries her brother's ashes, what does she say?
5. "I wouldn't say the Tudor age was uniquely cruel... They died young in those days. Every age has its cruelties." Who says this?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)