|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Theo meeting in Chapter 14?
2. Whose sperm is tested as mandated by British law?
(a) Any man without a criminal record.
(b) That of healthy and pre-selected men.
(c) All men.
(d) University degree holding men.
3. What is Theo's job with Xan?
(a) Minister of Historic Record.
(c) Minister for Justice and State Security.
4. Who introduces Theo to the museum in Chapter 10?
(a) His favorite professor.
(c) His mother.
5. What is on Hilda's cardigan when Theo visits her home?
(b) A pin of a newborn.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) Congealed food.
6. Where is Theo meeting Xan on behalf of the Five Fishes in Chapter 11?
(a) Xan's old home.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) The university.
7. What reoccurring nightmare does Theo have of his father?
(a) His father standing at the foot of Theo's bed with an infected stub finger.
(b) His father beating him.
(c) His father hanging by a noose.
(d) His father in excruciating pain on his deathbed.
8. In Chapter 12, who else is at the meeting with Xan that Theo thought would be private?
(a) State Security Police.
(b) The Five Fishes.
(c) Army officers.
(d) The Council.
9. Who attacks Theo at the Quietus he witnesses?
(a) A Sojourner.
(b) A police officer.
(c) Someone he tries to stop from committing suicide.
(d) A soldier.
10. What does Theo still refuse to believe about Xan after he has met with him for the first time in years?
(a) He is unloved.
(b) He is evil.
(c) He likes the idea of the Man Penal Colony.
(d) He has become religious.
11. What does Theo regret of himself in the last sentence of Chapter 15?
(a) He wishes he had the group's passion.
(b) He wishes Julian loved him.
(c) He regrets leaving his job with Xan.
(d) He misses having a family.
12. How many times does Theo lie to the State Security Police when they visit him?
(a) He didn't.
(d) Five times.
13. Which of Shakespeare's plays is referred to at the end of Chapter 13?
(c) The Tempest.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
14. Why does the priest demand that Theo leave the church before eleven?
(a) There is a wedding.
(b) There is a mass.
(c) There is a funeral.
(d) There is a christening.
15. Who has Theo previously been to Blythburgh with?
(a) Xan and his family.
(b) His ex-wife and daughter.
(c) His parents.
(d) His first girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Theo recognize struggling near the ocean?
2. Why does Theo believe the old women have been drugged?
3. How long ago does Theo leave his job with Xan?
4. Who is Rolf?
5. What does Theo expect at the end of his meeting with Xan?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)