|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Xan wearing when he surprises Theo at the car in Chapter 13?
(a) A pinstriped suit.
(b) A fur-lined jacket.
(c) A tweed coat.
(d) A feathered hat.
2. After his thoughts swirl from the visit of the SSP and then the Five Fishes, what does Theo ponder next in Chapter 18?
3. Who is Theo meeting in Chapter 14?
4. What is Theo's purpose for keeping a diary?
(a) Simply to pass the time.
(b) To log the second half of his life's memories for his own enjoyment later.
(c) It's a self-exploring, emotional release.
(d) To recount his life for whomever may find the book.
5. How long ago does Theo leave his job with Xan?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
6. Which word does the author NOT use to describe the Omega officer who visits Theo's home?
7. What display of the museum has Xan always preferred?
(a) The mummies.
(b) The early classical male statues.
(c) The evolution exhibit.
(d) The Impressionists paintings.
8. How many times does Theo lie to the State Security Police when they visit him?
(a) He didn't.
(b) Five times.
9. In Chapter 12, who else is at the meeting with Xan that Theo thought would be private?
(a) The Five Fishes.
(b) Army officers.
(c) State Security Police.
(d) The Council.
10. For whom is there still law and order in England?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) All Europeans.
11. Why are more and more people moving into cities?
(a) The only jobs left are in the cities.
(b) Company and services.
(c) Cheaper housing, as rural areas become expensive to maintain.
(d) Fear of gypsies in the country.
12. The position of Warden of England has officially replaced which other title?
(a) Minister of State.
(b) King of England.
(c) Chancellor of Defense.
(d) Prime Minister.
13. Why does the priest demand that Theo leave the church before eleven?
(a) There is a wedding.
(b) There is a christening.
(c) There is a mass.
(d) There is a funeral.
14. How does Theo's father die?
(c) Heart attack.
(d) He was murdered.
15. How does Theo remember Julian from when he taught her in class?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on Hilda's cardigan when Theo visits her home?
2. Who points out Felicia's making money out of the former system of criminal prosecution?
3. Why does Theo believe that Helena speaks poorly of him to Rupert?
4. When Theo is frustrated during his conversation in Chapter 14, what does the author say he wishes to do?
5. What does Theo's mother do for extra money during his youth?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)