|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Digby from?
2. How does Theo's father die?
(c) Heart attack.
(d) He was murdered.
3. What is Theo's job with Xan?
(a) Minister for Justice and State Security.
(b) Minister of Historic Record.
4. Why are more and more people moving into cities?
(a) Fear of gypsies in the country.
(b) Company and services.
(c) The only jobs left are in the cities.
(d) Cheaper housing, as rural areas become expensive to maintain.
5. Why is Helena accepted into Oxford University when she is young?
(a) She was a genius. Theo was jealous of her.
(b) She was a very talented artist and received a scholarship.
(c) Her father was well respected and she had expensive schooling growing up.
(d) Her father gave a large donation.
6. Who does Theo recognize struggling near the ocean?
(b) His mother.
(d) Xan's mother.
7. What does Theo expect at the end of his meeting with Xan?
(a) The clamp of the Grenadier's hand.
(b) A door to be slammed behind him.
(c) Another snide remark from Felicia.
(d) Xan to ask Theo to return to work for him.
8. What is Julian's most notable physical feature?
(a) She's missing a thumb.
(b) Thick eyebrows.
(c) A disfigured hand.
(d) Bright blue eyes.
9. Which is the Year Omega?
10. What is the Quietus?
(a) The elderly perform a mass suicide.
(b) Scientists use stem cells to breed a new human race.
(c) Women are injected with questionable fertility drugs.
(d) Rioting by renegades.
11. When Theo is frustrated during his conversation in Chapter 14, what does the author say he wishes to do?
(a) Bang his head.
(b) Pray for mercy.
(c) Fall to the ground.
(d) Jump into traffic.
12. What display of the museum has Xan always preferred?
(a) The evolution exhibit.
(b) The early classical male statues.
(c) The Impressionists paintings.
(d) The mummies.
13. What does Theo do with the Five Fishes' pamphlet?
(a) Flushed it down the toilet.
(b) Showed it to Helena.
(c) Saved it in his diary.
(d) Wrote his grocery list over it.
14. How long has it been since Xan went to the home he grew up in?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
15. Who points out Felicia's making money out of the former system of criminal prosecution?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reoccurring nightmare does Theo have of his father?
2. Who is Theo meeting in Chapter 14?
3. Xan's large home becomes what in later years?
4. What is Xan wearing when he surprises Theo at the car in Chapter 13?
5. Who is the Five Fishes' pamphlet addressed to?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)