|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theo come to the museum in the first place?
(a) To meet Julian.
(b) To leave his response for the Five Fishes.
(c) He wants to reconnect with the memories of his daughter.
(d) He misses his childhood days with Xan.
2. Who are the Grenadiers?
(a) Xan's private army.
(c) Serial killers.
(d) A band.
3. What is Xan's home in Dorset called?
4. What is Julian's most notable physical feature?
(a) A disfigured hand.
(b) Bright blue eyes.
(c) She's missing a thumb.
(d) Thick eyebrows.
5. Who does Theo recognize struggling near the ocean?
(b) His mother.
(c) Xan's mother.
6. Which is not a demand of the Five Fishes as printed on their pamphlet?
(a) End the Quietus.
(b) End fertility testing.
(c) Liberate the Isle of Man.
(d) Provide meals for the homeless.
7. Where is Jasper considering moving to?
(a) New York.
8. What do Theo and his wife do shortly after the death of their daughter?
(a) Have a son.
(b) Move closer to the city.
(c) Quit their jobs.
9. What does the Baronet buy Theo?
(a) A dog.
(b) New shoes.
(c) A computer.
(d) A bike.
10. What museum does Chapter 10 center around?
(a) The Archaeology Museum.
(b) The Cast Museum.
(c) The Wax Museum.
(d) The Art Museum.
11. Who is Rolf?
(a) Theo's friend from college.
(b) Julian's brother.
(c) A priest.
(d) Julian's husband.
12. Who points out Felicia's making money out of the former system of criminal prosecution?
13. When Theo is frustrated during his conversation in Chapter 14, what does the author say he wishes to do?
(a) Pray for mercy.
(b) Fall to the ground.
(c) Jump into traffic.
(d) Bang his head.
14. What about Oxford does Theo now have trouble accepting as he walks through the streets after his meeting with Xan?
(b) The streams of porn shops.
(c) Lack of intellectual energy.
(d) The Omega's snobbery.
15. How many times does Theo lie to the State Security Police when they visit him?
(c) He didn't.
(d) Five times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theo expect at the end of his meeting with Xan?
2. What does Theo do with the Five Fishes' pamphlet?
3. Where is Digby from?
4. After his thoughts swirl from the visit of the SSP and then the Five Fishes, what does Theo ponder next in Chapter 18?
5. "I never understood Dr. Faron's precise function when he was Warden's Adviser and it hasn't become clearer with his absence and the passing of three years." Who says this?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)