|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What museum does Chapter 10 center around?
(a) The Art Museum.
(b) The Wax Museum.
(c) The Cast Museum.
(d) The Archaeology Museum.
2. What does Theo's mother do for extra money during his youth?
(a) Replicate prints.
(b) Tutor French.
(c) Give piano lessons.
3. Why is Helena accepted into Oxford University when she is young?
(a) Her father gave a large donation.
(b) She was a very talented artist and received a scholarship.
(c) Her father was well respected and she had expensive schooling growing up.
(d) She was a genius. Theo was jealous of her.
4. How long has it been since Xan went to the home he grew up in?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
5. Who is the Five Fishes' pamphlet addressed to?
(a) To the citizens of the world.
(b) To Xan Lyppiatt and the Council of England.
(c) To those concerned with injustice.
(d) To the people of Britain.
6. After his thoughts swirl from the visit of the SSP and then the Five Fishes, what does Theo ponder next in Chapter 18?
7. Who beat themselves for the sin of mankind?
(b) Youth groups.
8. Where does Xan take Theo to walk after their meeting?
(a) The courtyard.
(b) A promenade.
(c) The park.
(d) Along the river.
9. What are Theo's thoughts towards England holding a general election?
(a) He thinks it would be disruptive and Xan would win anyway.
(b) He doesn't bother to care about things like that.
(c) He would like to run against his cousin.
(d) He agrees with the Five Fishes, and hopes to see Xan lose.
10. How does Theo know Jasper?
(a) He was his old professor.
(b) He used to play with Theo and Xan.
(c) They studied at university together.
(d) He was his daughter's godfather.
11. What does Theo decide with regards to trying to contact the Five Fishes at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) He will search the university's past records to find Julian's contact information.
(b) He is awaiting the location of his next meeting with Julian.
(c) He will search for one of them, he just doesn't know who yet.
(d) He must only wait.
12. Who is Theo meeting in Chapter 14?
13. What is Helena's cat named?
14. What does Theo eat at the inn?
(a) Bangers and mash.
(c) Fish and chips.
(d) Meat pies.
15. What does Theo expect in the near future as he contemplates his meeting with the SSP?
(a) He is positive the SSP have the Five Fishes, and their assassination is imminent.
(b) The SSP will visit again, and will behave far less amicably .
(c) The SSP will immediately inform the Council of their opinion, and Theo expects a subpoena.
(d) He thinks Xan will tap his house and phone lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a demand of the Five Fishes as printed on their pamphlet?
2. Where does Theo tell the Five Fishes he will go after he meets them for the first time?
3. What is on Hilda's cardigan when Theo visits her home?
4. How does Theo remember Julian from when he taught her in class?
5. Xan's large home becomes what in later years?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)