|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title did John Dudley get after Henry VIII's death?
(a) Earl of York.
(b) Earl of Hertford.
(c) Earl of Warwick.
(d) Earl of Somerset.
2. What did the public believe about Edward Seymour, the Duke of Somerset's actions regarding his brother Thomas's death?
(a) That it was for the greater good.
(b) That it was an act of fratricide.
(c) That it was an accident.
(d) That it was an act of self-defence.
3. How old was Elizabeth when Thomas Seymour moved in with Katherine Parr?
4. What was Thomas Seymour's sentence changed to after he was taken to the Tower?
5. What did the Book of Common Prayer, which was passed by the council of regents, allow the clergy to do?
(b) Wear vestments.
(c) Own property.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which queen did Henry VIII annul his marriage to after only six months?
2. What was the name of Henry VIII's second wife?
3. Why did John Dudley, Earl of Warwick and Duke of Northumberland, begin to dose the king with arsenic after hearing about his condition?
4. Who interrogated Elizabeth after Thomas Seymour was taken to the Tower?
5. How many surviving children did Henry have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why did Thomas Seymour attempt to court the king's favor against his brother?
2. What were the consequences for Jane Grey after the arrest and death of Thomas Seymour?
3. How old was Edward VI when he was crowned and why is his age significant?
4. How did Jane Grey react to her ascension and why was it significant?
5. Why did Mary write Charles V for protection against the Protestants in 1549?
6. What caused the Duke of Somerset and Lord Protector Edward Seymour to be overthrown by John Dudley?
7. How were Elizabeth and Mary concerning the effect of being disinherited by their father?
8. After fleeing Kenninghall when it is set fire by Protestants, what did Mary tell her councilors and household and why was it significant?
9. Describe the relationship between Thomas Seymour and his fourteen year-old stepdaughter Elizabeth and its significance.
10. Who did Mary send to the Tower after she was crowned queen?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)