|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jane Grey's reaction to her ascending the throne after Edward VI's death?
(a) She was thrilled.
(b) She was appalled.
(c) She was indifferent.
(d) She was overwhelmed.
2. What did Kat Ashley tell Thomas Parry about Thomas Seymour that he will later reveal to the treason inquisition?
(a) That he and Lady Jane Grey were having an affair.
(b) That he and Katherine Parr were having an affair.
(c) That he and Mary were having an affair.
(d) That he and Elizabeth were having an affair.
3. What happened to Francis van der Delft when he was recalled home because of ill health?
(a) He was kidnapped.
(b) He married.
(c) He died.
(d) He was imprisoned.
4. What was the name of Henry VIII's second wife?
(a) Anne of Cleves.
(b) Katherine of Aragon.
(c) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Katherine Parr.
5. How much money did Sir William Sharington give to Thomas Seymour to pay his mercenaries?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 1000,000 pounds.
(c) 100,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Francis van der Delft was recalled home to _____ because of ill health.
2. John Dudley, Earl of Warwick and Duke of Northumberland was the first man without what to hold a ducal title?
3. Which councilor did not sign the letter to Mary that Queen Jane was invested and crowned?
4. According to Weir, Edward Seymour, Duke of Somerset, was accused of planning to overthrow ______ and ______the council.
5. Why was the Duke of Somerset not able to gain support with people of his own rank when he was appointed Lord Protector in 1547?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jane Grey react to her ascension and why was it significant?
2. How old was Edward VI when he was crowned and why is his age significant?
3. Why did Mary write Charles V for protection against the Protestants in 1549?
4. Describe Thomas Seymour's attempted coup and what did he claim when it failed?
5. Who did Duke of Northumberland betroth Jane Grey to after he learned of the king's failing health and why?
6. What was Edward's reputation as a young king?
7. How and why did Thomas Seymour attempt to court the king's favor against his brother?
8. When the council of regents came into power after Henry VIII's death, who assumed positions of power and what were the consequences?
9. After fleeing Kenninghall when it is set fire by Protestants, what did Mary tell her councilors and household and why was it significant?
10. What were the grounds of Henry VIII's divorce to Katherine of Aragon and what did they signify?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)