|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Francis van der Delft planning before he was recalled home because of ill health?
(a) Mary's marriage.
(b) Mary's escape.
(c) Elizabeth's marriage.
(d) Elizabeth's escape.
2. What title did John Dudley get after Henry VIII's death?
(a) Earl of York.
(b) Earl of Somerset.
(c) Earl of Hertford.
(d) Earl of Warwick.
3. What was the rumor circulating about Mary's involvement with the uprisings against the Act of Uniformity?
(a) That she was against the uprising.
(b) That she was involved with the rebels.
(c) That she lead the armies against the rebels.
(d) That she organized the uprisings.
4. After Henry VIII's death, who ascended the throne?
(c) No one.
5. What adjectives best describe Thomas Seymour's personality, as depicted by Weir?
(a) Naive; foolish.
(b) Jovial; charming.
(c) Depressed; brooding.
(d) Laconic; shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Katherine Parr when she became pregnant with her first child?
2. What did Mary press the Edward Seymour, the Duke of Somerset, to grant her until Edward came of age?
3. Who raised Henry VIII's second daughter Elizabeth?
4. What was the name of Henry VIII's second wife?
5. Jane Grey's father, Henry Grey, was the Marquess of _______?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose protection did Mary seek and how did that person help her?
2. What did Kat Ashley tell Thomas Parry and why is it significant?
3. How old was Edward VI when he was crowned and why is his age significant?
4. What prediction did Mary hear that made her resolve to stay in England and how is it significant?
5. After fleeing Kenninghall when it is set fire by Protestants, what did Mary tell her councilors and household and why was it significant?
6. What was Edward Seymour accused of that brought about a sentence of death by beheading, and what was the public's response?
7. What do some historians suggest about Elizabeth's illness during the summer of 1548 after Katherine Parr discovered her and Thomas Seymour in one another's arms, and what is Weir's position?
8. Why did Mary write Charles V for protection against the Protestants in 1549?
9. Who did Mary solicit to help her escape England and how was it thwarted?
10. How did Jane Grey's parents treat her and what did it signify?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)