|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did John Dudley, Earl of Warwick and Duke of Northumberland, keep the king's death a secret?
2. How old was Edward VI when John Dudley, Earl of Warwick, invited him to attend council meetings?
3. What was Elizabeth's response to John Dudley, Earl of Warwick and Duke of Northumberland's bribe to have her relinquish her claim to the throne?
(a) She said she wouldn't do it unless her sister did.
(b) She said she wouldn't do it unless he gave up power.
(c) She said she would do it.
(d) She said she wouldn't do it.
4. What was the rumor circulating about Mary's involvement with the uprisings against the Act of Uniformity?
(a) That she was involved with the rebels.
(b) That she was against the uprising.
(c) That she lead the armies against the rebels.
(d) That she organized the uprisings.
5. What did John Dudley, Earl of Warwick and Duke of Northumberland, convince Edward VI to do before his death?
(a) Pardon him from treason.
(b) Change the succession.
(c) Condemn Mary to death.
(d) Crown him the king.
6. What was Sir William Sharington's title at the Bristol Mint?
(c) Vice Treasurer.
(d) Vice President.
7. How much money did Sir William Sharington give to Thomas Seymour to pay his mercenaries?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 100,000 pounds.
(c) 10,000 pounds.
(d) 1000,000 pounds.
8. What did the public believe about Edward Seymour, the Duke of Somerset's actions regarding his brother Thomas's death?
(a) That it was an accident.
(b) That it was for the greater good.
(c) That it was an act of self-defence.
(d) That it was an act of fratricide.
9. What was Thomas Seymour's sentence changed to after he was taken to the Tower?
10. What did Mary press the Edward Seymour, the Duke of Somerset, to grant her until Edward came of age?
(a) Religious freedom.
(b) Freedom of speech.
(c) The right to marry.
(d) The right of bear arms.
11. How did Jane Grey respond when she was told that she was no longer queen?
(a) She was indifferent.
(b) She was nostalgic.
(c) She was glad.
(d) She was angry.
12. What did Thomas Seymour's allies warn him against?
(a) Not attempting a coup.
(b) Blackmailing the king.
(c) Not blackmailing the king.
(d) Attempting a coup.
13. What was the name of the Catholic gentleman that Mary stayed with after the king's death?
(a) Jeremy Hallway.
(b) John Huddlestone.
(c) Jason Hillsdale.
(d) James Hemingway.
14. When Elizabeth was restored to favor after Edward Seymour, the Duke of Somerset, was released from the Tower, who requested her portrait?
(a) Roger Ascham.
(b) The king.
(c) William Cecil.
(d) Edward Seymour.
15. Jane Grey's father, Henry Grey, was the Marquess of _______?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jane Grey's reaction to her ascending the throne after Edward VI's death?
2. What was the date that Thomas Seymour and his armed men entered the King's chamber with a forged key?
3. What was the name of the brother of Earl of Hertford who resented him for his power after Henry VIII's death?
4. What happened to Francis van der Delft when he was recalled home because of ill health?
5. Why was Edward VI reluctant to sign Edward Seymour, Duke of Somerset's death warrant?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)