|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Little Children Like Angels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mary respond to heretics during her Counter-Reformation?
(a) She was merciless.
(b) She sent them away.
(c) She was sympathetic.
(d) She taught them.
2. Along with the Earl of Hertford, Archbishop ______ held a prominent position on the council after Henry VIII's death.
3. According to Weir, Charles V did not want Philip of Spain in England while what?
(a) Thomas Wyatt lived.
(b) Edward Courtenay lived.
(c) Elizabeth lived.
(d) Jane Grey lived.
4. When John Dudley, Earl of Warwick, became Lord President of the Council, how did he govern England?
(a) Like a dilettante.
(b) Like a dictator.
(c) Like a devotee.
(d) Like a delinquent.
5. When Edward VI set out on a trip in June, 1552, what impeded his progress?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thomas Seymour blackmail Sir William Sharington for?
2. Who bore Edward, Henry VIII's son?
3. How does Weir characterize Guilford Dudley?
4. Who interrogated Elizabeth after Thomas Seymour was taken to the Tower?
5. What did the act Parliament ratified to eradicate heresy from England give bishops the power to do?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)