|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Amorous Intrigues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the brother of Earl of Hertford who resented him for his power after Henry VIII's death?
(a) Thomas Seymour.
(b) Thomas Sibley.
(c) Thomas Salisbury.
(d) Thomas Sumner.
2. When Earl Hertford was knighted, what did his title become?
(a) Duke of Hertford.
(b) Duke of Warwick.
(c) Duke of York.
(d) Duke of Somerset.
3. What did the Book of Common Prayer, which was passed by the council of regents, allow the clergy to do?
(a) Own property.
(c) Wear vestments.
4. Why was religious conflict imminent after King Edward VI ascended the throne?
(a) Because Elizabeth was a devout Protestant and her sister Mary a devout Catholic.
(b) Because Mary was a devout Protestant and her sister Elizabeth a devout Catholic.
(c) Because King Edward VI was a devout Catholic and his sister Mary a devout Protestant.
(d) Because King Edward VI was a devout Protestant and his sister Mary a devout Catholic.
5. What years did Henry VIII rule England?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Mary kept in the country after Henry VIII's death?
2. How old was Elizabeth when Thomas Seymour moved in with Katherine Parr?
3. How many wives did Henry VIII have?
4. What was the name of Henry and Katherine of Aragon's daughter?
5. What was the name of Elizabeth's caretaker, who initially encouraged Elizabeth's infatuation with Thomas Seymour when he moved in with Katherine Parr?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)