|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Amorous Intrigues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Earl of Hertford believe he should be the Lord Protector of England after Henry VIII's death?
(a) Because he had the most experience.
(b) Because he was the king's uncle.
(c) Because he was a meglomaniac.
(d) Because he had the people's confidence.
2. Why was religious conflict imminent after King Edward VI ascended the throne?
(a) Because Mary was a devout Protestant and her sister Elizabeth a devout Catholic.
(b) Because King Edward VI was a devout Catholic and his sister Mary a devout Protestant.
(c) Because Elizabeth was a devout Protestant and her sister Mary a devout Catholic.
(d) Because King Edward VI was a devout Protestant and his sister Mary a devout Catholic.
3. Who had to sign a document that declared that her mother's marriage to Henry VIII was unlawful?
4. Who bore Edward, Henry VIII's son?
(a) Katherine of Aragon.
(b) Anne Boleyn.
(c) Jane Seymour.
(d) Katerine Parr.
5. Who did Thomas Seymour secretly marry in an attempt to gain leverage over his brother, the Duke of Somerset?
(a) Mary I.
(b) Katherine Parr.
(c) Anne of Cleves.
(d) Elizabeth I.
Short Answer Questions
1. Along with the Earl of Hertford, Archbishop ______ held a prominent position on the council after Henry VIII's death.
2. How many surviving children did Henry have?
3. Why was Mary kept in the country after Henry VIII's death?
4. What did the Book of Common Prayer, which was passed by the council of regents, allow the clergy to do?
5. What years did Henry VIII rule England?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)