|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen refused to attend with the Prime Minister on the second call?
(a) Another meeting.
(b) A sermon.
(c) A promotional tour.
(d) A ceremony.
2. Where is Stephen driving when he sees a truck skid in front of him?
(a) Charles' house.
(b) Julie's house.
(c) Jan's house.
(d) Mark's house.
3. Who had warned Stephen of the duplicity of the government and the committee previously?
(a) His boss.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
4. What does Stephen wear for his meeting with the Prime Minister?
(b) Old clothes.
(c) A suit.
(d) A cravat.
5. By depriving a child of the written word, what does Stephen fear a child will lose?
(a) The power to explore.
(b) The power to question.
(c) The power to argue.
(d) The power to question.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen call the Prime Minister when he is confronted about his refusal to see the Prime Minister?
2. Who does Stephen talk to at the school about Kate?
3. Where does Stephen's car end up as he avoids the accident with the truck?
4. When the chauffeur refuses to stop, what does Stephen do?
5. Where does Stephen sit in the car that comes to pick him up for his meeting with the Prime Minister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Stephen's experience in Africa as a child?
2. How does Stephen respond to the Prime Minister's secretary's request for a second meeting?
3. Why does the handbook excerpt say that it is acceptable to bribe children for good behavior?
4. When Morely gives Stephen the book, what does it reveal about the government, subcommittees, and the actual research?
5. How does Stephen work through his feelings about Julie and her leaving him?
6. When Stephen talks about his bicycle memory near the sea, how do his parents respond?
7. What is the unspoken rule that Stephen's father breaks when Stephen visits the family after meeting the Prime Minister?
8. What did Stephen become interested in when his mother had insisted that he take a nap in the middle of the day as a child?
9. Why does the young man at the subcommittee meeting believe that learning written languages at an early age is not a good idea?
10. What does Stephen realize after going to the school and not finding Kate?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)