|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephen think is Kate at the school?
2. What book does Stephen find Charles has in his possession?
(b) Fort One.
3. What does the truck driver intend on using the insurance money for?
(a) Saving his marriage.
(b) Buying a house.
(c) Buying 2 cars.
(d) Helping Thelma.
4. Who does Stephen avoid saying goodbye to when he leaves the Darke house?
5. Who falls ill in Stephen's family?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephen avoid an accident with the truck?
2. What does Thelma say that Charles is, at the end of Chapter 5?
3. After attending what did Stephen move away from home for the rest of his life?
4. What does Stephen's father encourage Stephen to return to doing?
5. Who does Stephen talk to at the school about Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Thelma move with Charles to the countryside?
2. What does Stephen realize after going to the school and not finding Kate?
3. Why does the driver of the truck want Stephen to write down two notes?
4. Why does the young man at the subcommittee meeting believe that learning written languages at an early age is not a good idea?
5. Why does Stephen want to get out of the Prime Minister's car?
6. When the secretary insists that Stephen meet with the Prime Minister, how does he respond?
7. What does Stephen discover about Charles when Thelma gives him directions to where Charles is in the woods?
8. What was Stephen's experience in Africa as a child?
9. How are Stephen's parents affected by the loss of Kate?
10. When Stephen rescues the truck driver, how does the man respond?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)