|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen think might be a reason that Julie left the relationship?
(a) She was eager to get remarried.
(b) She was anxious.
(c) She was tired of it.
(d) She was afraid of him.
2. Who does Stephen feel sorry for at the Darke House when he leaves?
3. What is Stephen supposed to do with the book?
(a) Leak the contents to the press.
(b) Copy it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Give it away for free.
4. What does Stephen watch in the evenings at his house?
(a) Old movies.
5. Who is warned by a teacher when Stephen leaves the school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen take while Charles retires at the house?
2. Who falls ill in Stephen's family?
3. Where does Stephen drop off the truck driver?
4. What is Charles acting like that scares Stephen?
5. Who does Stephen think is Kate at the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Thelma move with Charles to the countryside?
2. When the secretary insists that Stephen meet with the Prime Minister, how does he respond?
3. Why does Stephen want to get out of the Prime Minister's car?
4. Why does the handbook excerpt say that it is acceptable to bribe children for good behavior?
5. Why does the young man at the subcommittee meeting believe that learning written languages at an early age is not a good idea?
6. How are Stephen's parents affected by the loss of Kate?
7. How does Stephen survive the crash with the truck?
8. When Stephen rescues the truck driver, how does the man respond?
9. How does Stephen spend Kate's birthday?
10. How does Stephen work through his feelings about Julie and her leaving him?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)