|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical feature makes Stephen realize that the girl is not Kate at the school?
(a) Her chin.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her stomach.
(d) Her nose.
2. How does Stephen spend a lot of his evenings?
3. Where does Stephen sit in the car that comes to pick him up for his meeting with the Prime Minister?
4. What does the headmaster think Stephen could be?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A convict.
(d) A madman.
5. Who had warned Stephen of the duplicity of the government and the committee previously?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Charles built that surprises Stephen?
2. What does Stephen's father encourage Stephen to return to doing?
3. What does the driver of the truck want Stephen to do for him?
4. Where did Stephen enjoy going to school and playing outside as a child?
5. What does Thelma say that she noticed existed between the Prime Minister and Charles?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stephen spend Kate's birthday?
2. Why does the young man at the subcommittee meeting believe that learning written languages at an early age is not a good idea?
3. What is the unspoken rule that Stephen's father breaks when Stephen visits the family after meeting the Prime Minister?
4. What happens when Stephen demands that the chauffeur stop the car?
5. Why does the driver of the truck want Stephen to write down two notes?
6. How does Stephen work through his feelings about Julie and her leaving him?
7. What does Stephen discover about Charles when Thelma gives him directions to where Charles is in the woods?
8. How does Stephen survive the crash with the truck?
9. How are Stephen's parents affected by the loss of Kate?
10. What does Stephen purchase for Kate's birthday and what does it signify to him?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)