|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Stephen summoned to talk to the officer that came to the subcommittee formally?
(a) The opera.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The bookstore.
(d) The cellar.
2. Who is the officer interested in talking to Stephen about that is missing from the public eye?
3. What is Stephen able to do that makes the truck driver extremely grateful to him?
(a) Answer him.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Rescue him.
(d) Donate his belongings.
4. What does Stephen watch in the evenings at his house?
(b) Old movies.
5. What physical feature makes Stephen realize that the girl is not Kate at the school?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stephen do more of than he planned to on the birthday?
2. Where did Stephen enjoy going to school and playing outside as a child?
3. Who does Stephen want to tell about the committee and the book but is too tired to talk to him?
4. Who do Stephen's parents encourage him to forget?
5. When the chauffeur refuses to stop, what does Stephen do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Stephen's parents affected by the loss of Kate?
2. How does Stephen survive the crash with the truck?
3. What happens when Stephen demands that the chauffeur stop the car?
4. When Morely gives Stephen the book, what does it reveal about the government, subcommittees, and the actual research?
5. When Stephen talks about his bicycle memory near the sea, how do his parents respond?
6. Why does the driver of the truck want Stephen to write down two notes?
7. How does Stephen respond to the Prime Minister's secretary's request for a second meeting?
8. How does the headmaster respond when Stephen tells his story about Kate?
9. When the chauffeur arrives to pick up Stephen, how does he respond to Stephen's comments about the ragged car?
10. How does Stephen work through his feelings about Julie and her leaving him?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)