|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thelma say that she noticed existed between the Prime Minister and Charles?
2. What does Stephen notice as a change in his parents when he visits them after attending the subcommittee meeting?
(a) They are joyful and at ease.
(b) They are relaxed and playful.
(c) They are hungry and energetic.
(d) They look tired and old.
3. Where is Stephen's mother sitting when she realizes that she wants to keep her child?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) An office.
(c) A pub.
(d) A cellar.
4. Why did Stephen's family move a lot when he was a kid?
(a) There was a war.
(b) There was a famine.
(c) They were poor.
(d) They were in the military.
5. Where is Stephen driving when he sees a truck skid in front of him?
(a) Jan's house.
(b) Charles' house.
(c) Mark's house.
(d) Julie's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Charles built that surprises Stephen?
2. Where does Stephen sit in the car that comes to pick him up for his meeting with the Prime Minister?
3. By depriving a child of the written word, what does Stephen fear a child will lose?
4. What does Charles demonstrate that he can do with a slingshot?
5. What kind of vehicle arrives to pick up Stephen to meet the Prime Minister?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Stephen talks about his bicycle memory near the sea, how do his parents respond?
2. How does the headmaster respond when Stephen tells his story about Kate?
3. What is the unspoken rule that Stephen's father breaks when Stephen visits the family after meeting the Prime Minister?
4. What was Stephen's experience in Africa as a child?
5. What does Stephen realize after going to the school and not finding Kate?
6. How does Stephen spend Kate's birthday?
7. What does Stephen discover about Charles when Thelma gives him directions to where Charles is in the woods?
8. When the secretary insists that Stephen meet with the Prime Minister, how does he respond?
9. Why does the handbook excerpt say that it is acceptable to bribe children for good behavior?
10. Why does the driver of the truck want Stephen to write down two notes?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)