|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephen avoid saying goodbye to when he leaves the Darke house?
2. What does Stephen NOT buy at the toy store?
(a) A walkie talkie.
(b) A dog.
(c) A witch hat.
(d) Disappearing ink.
3. When is Stephen supposed to meet the Prime Minister and be picked up for a ride?
4. What does Thelma say that she noticed existed between the Prime Minister and Charles?
5. Who had warned Stephen of the duplicity of the government and the committee previously?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His boss.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do meetings resume at the subcommittee that Stephen is glad to attend so he will have some structure to his life?
2. Who in the committee visits Stephen and gives him a book?
3. What is Stephen not officially offered by the Prime Minister?
4. What does Stephen call the Prime Minister when he is confronted about his refusal to see the Prime Minister?
5. Where is Stephen's mother sitting when she realizes that she wants to keep her child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the young man at the subcommittee meeting believe that learning written languages at an early age is not a good idea?
2. What was Stephen's experience in Africa as a child?
3. When Stephen talks about his bicycle memory near the sea, how do his parents respond?
4. What is the unspoken rule that Stephen's father breaks when Stephen visits the family after meeting the Prime Minister?
5. What does Stephen realize after going to the school and not finding Kate?
6. When the chauffeur arrives to pick up Stephen, how does he respond to Stephen's comments about the ragged car?
7. Why does the handbook excerpt say that it is acceptable to bribe children for good behavior?
8. Why does the driver of the truck want Stephen to write down two notes?
9. Why does Stephen want to get out of the Prime Minister's car?
10. How does the headmaster respond when Stephen tells his story about Kate?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)