|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stephen supposed to do with the book?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Give it away for free.
(c) Copy it.
(d) Leak the contents to the press.
2. What is the truck driver's name?
(a) Steve McQueen.
(b) Thelma Shaw.
(c) Andrew Lemonsby.
(d) Joseph McGuire.
3. What did Stephen do more of than he planned to on the birthday?
4. What does Stephen wear for his meeting with the Prime Minister?
(a) A suit.
(c) A cravat.
(d) Old clothes.
5. Where does Stephen drop off the truck driver?
(a) At his house.
(b) At the driver's house.
(c) At Thelma's house.
(d) At the police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles demonstrate that he can do with a slingshot?
2. Who falls ill in Stephen's family?
3. What had Stephen's mother once insisted upon that made Stephen think he could control time?
4. What does the driver of the truck want Stephen to do for him?
5. What has Charles built that surprises Stephen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stephen survive the crash with the truck?
2. When Stephen talks about his bicycle memory near the sea, how do his parents respond?
3. How does the headmaster respond when Stephen tells his story about Kate?
4. Why does the young man at the subcommittee meeting believe that learning written languages at an early age is not a good idea?
5. What does Stephen discover about Charles when Thelma gives him directions to where Charles is in the woods?
6. How does Stephen respond to the Prime Minister's secretary's request for a second meeting?
7. When the chauffeur arrives to pick up Stephen, how does he respond to Stephen's comments about the ragged car?
8. What happens when Stephen demands that the chauffeur stop the car?
9. Why does Stephen want to get out of the Prime Minister's car?
10. What does Stephen say about writing and music and early childhood education at the subcommittee meeting?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)