|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long is Stephen unhappy about what happened at Julie's house?
2. How does Stephen acquire wealth and fame at Gott's publishing house?
(a) An accident.
(b) A conscious choice.
(c) A clerical error.
(d) A twist of fate.
3. Who does Stephen come to learn has resigned from life in politics?
4. What had Stephen been carefully progressing in doing with Julie before he visited her?
(c) Language skills.
5. Where is it hinted that Kate might be found dead?
(a) At home.
(b) Under the car.
(c) At the cellar.
(d) At the dock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do with Kate's possessions one day?
2. What does Julie leave Stephen regarding Chilterns?
3. Who feels very guilty about Kate's disappearance?
4. What is Stephen Lewis' profession?
5. By overcoming what they find difficult to learn, what can children achieve, according to the young man at the committee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephen see at The Bell, and how does it affect him?
2. What happens when Stephen submits his first novel to Gott's?
3. What is Stephen hopeful for as he waits for Julie?
4. How does Stephen look for Kate when she disappears?
5. How is Julie described in Chapter 1?
6. How did Charles make the move into politics?
7. How did Thelma help Stephen during his struggle with Kate's disappearance?
8. How does Charles convince Stephen to publish the book as a children's one?
9. How does Hashish become Lemonade?
10. When Julie came back from Chilterns, why were she and Stephen only able to stay together briefly?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)