|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stephen wander around looking for Kate at the market?
(a) On foot.
(b) In a bus.
(c) On bicycle.
(d) In a car.
2. Who does Stephen come to learn has resigned from life in politics?
3. When Stephen gets home, who does he tell about Kate's disappearance?
4. What does Julie do with Kate's possessions one day?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Paints them.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Bags them up.
5. How old is Stephen's daughter when she goes missing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the meeting held that Stephen attends on Reading and Writing?
2. Who does Stephen tell at the market that Kate has disappeared?
3. Who helps Stephen get out of his house after Kate disappears?
4. What does Stephen think Julie is doing to herself after Kate's disappearance?
5. What was Stephen doing when Kate disappeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Charles make the move into politics?
2. When Julie came back from Chilterns, why were she and Stephen only able to stay together briefly?
3. What is Stephen's memory about bicycles that he wants to remember with his family, and why does it bring about some fear and regret in him?
4. What makes Stephen feel like a prosperous dad at the market?
5. How is Julie described in Chapter 1?
6. How does Charles convince Stephen to publish the book as a children's one?
7. How does Stephen view the sex that he had with Julie in the months afterward?
8. What is Stephen hopeful for as he waits for Julie?
9. How is Stephen Lewis described in Chapter 1?
10. How does Julie initially cope with Kate's disappearance?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)