|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the incident with Kate's possessions, what does Julie do?
2. What does Stephen think that men are certain they are doing right with regard to their places in life and their abilities?
(a) They are doing what they should be.
(b) They do their best.
(c) They are not doing what they should be.
(d) They just have to try.
3. Who helps Stephen get out of his house after Kate disappears?
4. In Stephen's first book, who is sentenced to jail time in Turkey?
(a) A young girl.
(b) An old man.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A young boy.
5. How does Stephen travel to see Julie?
(a) By car.
(b) By rail.
(c) By bus.
(d) By boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julie had come back from Chilterns, where did she meet Stephen for a brief period?
2. Whose life is Stephen's first story loosely based on, at the age of eleven?
3. What was the stuffed animal toy that Kate held the day she disappeared?
4. After Kate disappears, how does Stephen's life change?
5. In the new version of the book, what is crazed sex replaced by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julie do that makes Stephen angry with Julie?
2. How does the young girl in yellow at the station interact with Stephen?
3. How is Kate attired the day she is missing?
4. How does Julie deal with the loss of Kate by the end of Chapter 1?
5. Why did Stephen take Kate to the market alone?
6. What happens when Stephen submits his first novel to Gott's?
7. What is Stephen hopeful for as he waits for Julie?
8. What is Stephen's first novel originally about before it becomes a children's book?
9. What does Stephen see at The Bell, and how does it affect him?
10. How did Thelma help Stephen during his struggle with Kate's disappearance?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)