|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephen fail to look for when he is frantically looking for Kate?
(c) Police officers.
2. What does Stephen receive for his first book as encouragement to change the genre?
(a) A note of praise.
(b) A big check.
(c) A promotion.
(d) A new house.
3. What does Stephen think Julie is doing to herself after Kate's disappearance?
(c) Hurting herself.
4. How is Kate lost?
(a) She disappears in a crowd.
(b) She is kidnapped.
(c) She gets lost under a gate.
(d) She gets stuck in a tornado.
5. What is Stephen Lewis' profession?
(a) College professor.
(b) Children's writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julie respond to Kate's disappearance?
2. Who does Stephen see in the window at the pub?
3. On whom has Stephen built an entire life of dependence?
4. Who gets angry with Julie for what she does with Kate's possessions one day?
5. When Stephen is worried that Kate might come when he is gone, what does his friend leave behind to comfort him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hashish become Lemonade?
2. What is Stephen hopeful for as he waits for Julie?
3. What makes Stephen feel like a prosperous dad at the market?
4. What happens when Stephen submits his first novel to Gott's?
5. What is Stephen's memory about bicycles that he wants to remember with his family, and why does it bring about some fear and regret in him?
6. How does Charles convince Stephen to publish the book as a children's one?
7. How does Stephen view the sex that he had with Julie in the months afterward?
8. What does Stephen see at The Bell, and how does it affect him?
9. How did Thelma help Stephen during his struggle with Kate's disappearance?
10. How is Kate attired the day she is missing?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)