|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stephen doing when Kate disappeared?
(a) Paying for items.
(b) Tying his shoelaces.
(c) Peeing in the bathroom.
(d) Locking the car.
2. What was the stuffed animal toy that Kate held the day she disappeared?
(a) A donkey.
(b) An owl.
(c) A mongoose.
(d) A parrot.
3. What does Julie leave Stephen regarding Chilterns?
(a) A note saying she left.
(b) A note apologizing.
(c) A note about Kate.
(d) A note with her phone number.
4. What is Stephen's first book called, originally?
5. What does a speaker at the committee say is difficult for children to learn?
(a) Written languages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason given for the politician's resignation?
2. Where does Julie spend most of her time mourning the loss of Kate?
3. When does Stephen head out to see Julie in Chapter 3?
4. How does Julie respond to Kate's disappearance?
5. What was Kate wearing the day she disappeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charles convince Stephen to publish the book as a children's one?
2. Why did Stephen take Kate to the market alone?
3. What is important to Lord Parmenter in meetings?
4. What does Julie do that makes Stephen angry with Julie?
5. Why are Stephen and Julie still at odds even after having sex?
6. How is Kate attired the day she is missing?
7. What is Stephen's first novel originally about before it becomes a children's book?
8. How is Julie described in Chapter 1?
9. How does Hashish become Lemonade?
10. What happens when Stephen submits his first novel to Gott's?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)