|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the stuffed animal toy that Kate held the day she disappeared?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A mongoose.
(c) A parrot.
(d) An owl.
2. Who gets angry with Julie for what she does with Kate's possessions one day?
3. What had Stephen been carefully progressing in doing with Julie before he visited her?
(c) Language skills.
4. Who cannot discuss Kate's disappearance?
(a) Stephen and Mark.
(b) Stephen and Julie.
(c) Kristen and Claire.
(d) Julie and Kristen.
5. Who do(es) the person/people that Stephen sees in the window at the pub remind him of?
(a) His parents.
(b) His friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen find is strained with Julie at her house?
2. What does Stephen wonder if he did too soon with Julie?
3. In Stephen's first book, who is sentenced to jail time in Turkey?
4. When Stephen gets home, who does he tell about Kate's disappearance?
5. Why is Stephen unhappy after leaving Julie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Thelma help Stephen during his struggle with Kate's disappearance?
2. How does Hashish become Lemonade?
3. How does Julie initially cope with Kate's disappearance?
4. What makes Stephen feel like a prosperous dad at the market?
5. What fear do the police instill in Stephen by mentioning the docks?
6. What does Stephen see at The Bell, and how does it affect him?
7. How does Julie deal with the loss of Kate by the end of Chapter 1?
8. Why did Stephen take Kate to the market alone?
9. How did Charles make the move into politics?
10. Why are Stephen and Julie still at odds even after having sex?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)