|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Stephen to her house on Eaton Square after the resignation?
2. Although he did not pay at the market, what was bagged up for Stephen?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His books.
(c) His purchases.
(d) His notes.
3. What is Julie's profession?
(a) A writer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A violinist.
(d) A doctor.
4. Where does Julie spend most of her time mourning the loss of Kate?
(a) Under the house.
(b) In bed.
(c) In a chair.
(d) On the beach.
5. In what genre does the editor of Gott suggest putting Stephen's first book?
(b) Adult fiction.
(c) Science fiction.
(d) Children's fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen give the person in a yellow frock at the train station?
2. When Julie and Stephen spent time together, who did they find they could not keep out of their minds, making their time together awkward?
3. Where does Julie work?
4. What is Stephen's first book renamed?
5. By overcoming what they find difficult to learn, what can children achieve, according to the young man at the committee?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julie deal with the loss of Kate by the end of Chapter 1?
2. How is Stephen Lewis described in Chapter 1?
3. Why did Stephen take Kate to the market alone?
4. What is Stephen's first novel originally about before it becomes a children's book?
5. What makes Stephen feel like a prosperous dad at the market?
6. What happens when Stephen submits his first novel to Gott's?
7. What is Stephen hopeful for as he waits for Julie?
8. What fear do the police instill in Stephen by mentioning the docks?
9. How does Stephen view the sex that he had with Julie in the months afterward?
10. How does Hashish become Lemonade?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)