|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the chauffeur refuses to stop, what does Stephen do?
(a) Fights him.
(b) Grabs a hold of the wheel.
(c) Holds a gun to his head.
(d) Jumps out of the car.
2. What book does Stephen find Charles has in his possession?
(b) Fort One.
3. What does Stephen think have similarities and should be paid attention to in education for children?
(a) Art and philosophy.
(b) Religion and ecology.
(c) Writing and music.
(d) Law and math.
4. In what area does Stephen notice a girl at a school and demand that the chauffeur stop so he can get out?
(a) The playground.
(b) The bus.
(c) The classroom.
(d) The front steps.
5. What does Stephen continue to work on, especially regarding Julie?
(a) His plans.
(b) His feelings.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) His fears.
6. Who calls Stephen to check on him when he says he is working on a book project?
7. After attending what did Stephen move away from home for the rest of his life?
(a) Grosse Point.
(d) Boarding school.
8. What does the truck driver intend on using the insurance money for?
(a) Buying 2 cars.
(b) Helping Thelma.
(c) Saving his marriage.
(d) Buying a house.
9. What does Stephen call the Prime Minister when he is confronted about his refusal to see the Prime Minister?
(a) A disgrace.
(b) A buffoon.
(c) A gift.
(d) An annoyance.
10. Where does Stephen's car end up as he avoids the accident with the truck?
(a) Over a cliff.
(b) In the ditch.
(c) In a haystack.
(d) In a meadow.
11. What does Charles demonstrate that he can do with a slingshot?
12. What did Stephen do more of than he planned to on the birthday?
13. What does Stephen's father encourage Stephen to return to doing?
14. What had Stephen's mother once insisted upon that made Stephen think he could control time?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A day of study.
(c) A day of exploration.
(d) A nap.
15. What does Stephen talk to Thelma about at the house after he has seen Charles play with the slingshot?
(a) His ability.
(b) His regression.
(c) His fear.
(d) His focus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen notice as a change in his parents when he visits them after attending the subcommittee meeting?
2. Who contacts Stephen to set up an appointment with the Prime Minister?
3. What does Stephen take while Charles retires at the house?
4. Where do Stephen's parents live?
5. What does Thelma say that she noticed existed between the Prime Minister and Charles?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)