|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen realize about Kate when he leaves the school?
(a) That she will be different than he imagines.
(b) That she has moved apartments.
(c) That she hates him.
(d) That she is dead.
2. What does Thelma say that she noticed existed between the Prime Minister and Charles?
3. What does the driver of the truck want Stephen to do for him?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Save his bag.
(c) Pull him out.
(d) Write 2 notes.
4. Where do Stephen's parents live?
(a) A bungalow.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A bunker.
(d) A development.
5. What is Stephen supposed to do with the book?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Copy it.
(c) Give it away for free.
(d) Leak the contents to the press.
6. As Stephen thinks about what event, does he buy wrapping paper?
(a) Julie's birthday.
(b) Louise's birthday.
(c) Kate's birthday.
(d) Mark's birthday.
7. Who falls ill in Stephen's family?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
8. What does Stephen notice as a change in his parents when he visits them after attending the subcommittee meeting?
(a) They are relaxed and playful.
(b) They are hungry and energetic.
(c) They look tired and old.
(d) They are joyful and at ease.
9. What physical feature makes Stephen realize that the girl is not Kate at the school?
(a) Her chin.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her eyes.
10. What does Stephen start to learn in addition to playing tennis regularly?
(a) A new language.
(b) How to cook.
(d) How to forgive.
11. Who does Stephen talk to at the school about Kate?
(a) A boy.
(b) A girl.
(c) A priest.
(d) A teacher.
12. In what kind of a room is the subcommittee's meeting on education held?
(a) An opera hall.
(b) A cramped one.
(c) A conservatory.
(d) A public school building.
13. By depriving a child of the written word, what does Stephen fear a child will lose?
(a) The power to question.
(b) The power to explore.
(c) The power to argue.
(d) The power to question.
14. When is Stephen supposed to meet the Prime Minister and be picked up for a ride?
15. What had Stephen's mother once insisted upon that made Stephen think he could control time?
(a) A day of exploration.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A nap.
(d) A day of study.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the headmaster think Stephen could be?
2. What does Stephen refused to attend with the Prime Minister on the second call?
3. What is Stephen able to do that makes the truck driver extremely grateful to him?
4. What does Stephen call the Prime Minister when he is confronted about his refusal to see the Prime Minister?
5. What does Stephen wear for his meeting with the Prime Minister?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)