|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the committee visits Stephen and gives him a book?
2. When is Stephen supposed to meet the Prime Minister and be picked up for a ride?
3. What does Stephen NOT buy at the toy store?
(a) A walkie talkie.
(b) A dog.
(c) Disappearing ink.
(d) A witch hat.
4. How does Stephen spend a lot of his evenings?
5. Where does Stephen drop off the truck driver?
(a) At his house.
(b) At the driver's house.
(c) At Thelma's house.
(d) At the police station.
6. Where do Stephen's parents live?
(a) A bungalow.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A bunker.
(d) A development.
7. What does the headmaster think Stephen could be?
(a) A madman.
(b) A convict.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A journalist.
8. Who contacts Stephen to set up an appointment with the Prime Minister?
(a) The secretary.
(b) The assistant secretary.
(c) The lieutenant.
(d) The Prime Minister.
9. Where is Stephen's mother sitting when she realizes that she wants to keep her child?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) An office.
(c) A pub.
(d) A cellar.
10. What does Stephen take while Charles retires at the house?
(a) A smoke.
(b) A bath.
(c) A book to read.
(d) A call.
11. Where does Stephen sit in the car that comes to pick him up for his meeting with the Prime Minister?
12. What does Stephen start to learn in addition to playing tennis regularly?
(a) How to forgive.
(c) A new language.
(d) How to cook.
13. What does Stephen notice as a change in his parents when he visits them after attending the subcommittee meeting?
(a) They are joyful and at ease.
(b) They are relaxed and playful.
(c) They are hungry and energetic.
(d) They look tired and old.
14. Who is the officer interested in talking to Stephen about that is missing from the public eye?
15. As Stephen thinks about what event, does he buy wrapping paper?
(a) Mark's birthday.
(b) Kate's birthday.
(c) Julie's birthday.
(d) Louise's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen think have similarities and should be paid attention to in education for children?
2. What is Stephen able to do that makes the truck driver extremely grateful to him?
3. What does Charles demonstrate that he can do with a slingshot?
4. By depriving a child of the written word, what does Stephen fear a child will lose?
5. What does Thelma say that she noticed existed between the Prime Minister and Charles?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)