|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen wear for his meeting with the Prime Minister?
(a) A cravat.
(b) Old clothes.
(d) A suit.
2. What does Stephen call the Prime Minister when he is confronted about his refusal to see the Prime Minister?
(a) An annoyance.
(b) A buffoon.
(c) A gift.
(d) A disgrace.
3. Where does Stephen find Charles hanging out when he follows Thelma's directions to find her husband?
(a) In a meadow.
(b) In a cellar.
(c) In a wooded area.
(d) In a pool.
4. What does Stephen continue to work on, especially regarding Julie?
(a) His fears.
(b) His plans.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) His feelings.
5. What is perfectly acceptable to do in the Authorized Child-Care Handbook?
(a) Bribe a child.
(b) Steal from a child.
(c) Give a child food.
(d) Teach a child rhymes.
6. Where does Stephen drop off the truck driver?
(a) At his house.
(b) At the driver's house.
(c) At Thelma's house.
(d) At the police station.
7. What does Stephen notice as a change in his parents when he visits them after attending the subcommittee meeting?
(a) They look tired and old.
(b) They are joyful and at ease.
(c) They are relaxed and playful.
(d) They are hungry and energetic.
8. What kind of vehicle arrives to pick up Stephen to meet the Prime Minister?
(a) A Jetta.
(b) A ragged old car.
(c) A limousine.
(d) A jet black car.
9. What does Stephen refused to attend with the Prime Minister on the second call?
(a) Another meeting.
(b) A ceremony.
(c) A promotional tour.
(d) A sermon.
10. What does Stephen miss having with the Prime Minister, invoking the irritation of the politician?
11. When do meetings resume at the subcommittee that Stephen is glad to attend so he will have some structure to his life?
12. What does Stephen start to learn in addition to playing tennis regularly?
(a) How to cook.
(c) How to forgive.
(d) A new language.
13. Who is the officer interested in talking to Stephen about that is missing from the public eye?
14. What does Stephen realize about Kate when he leaves the school?
(a) That she hates him.
(b) That she has moved apartments.
(c) That she is dead.
(d) That she will be different than he imagines.
15. What does the headmaster think Stephen could be?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A madman.
(d) A convict.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Charles built that surprises Stephen?
2. Where do Stephen's parents live?
3. What is Stephen's mother's name?
4. Who falls ill in Stephen's family?
5. Where is Stephen summoned to talk to the officer that came to the subcommittee formally?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)