|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen talk to Thelma about at the house after he has seen Charles play with the slingshot?
(a) His ability.
(b) His regression.
(c) His focus.
(d) His fear.
2. What does Stephen call the Prime Minister when he is confronted about his refusal to see the Prime Minister?
(a) An annoyance.
(b) A disgrace.
(c) A buffoon.
(d) A gift.
3. What does Stephen miss having with the Prime Minister, invoking the irritation of the politician?
4. Who is the officer interested in talking to Stephen about that is missing from the public eye?
5. How does Stephen avoid an accident with the truck?
(a) He brakes hard.
(b) He steers to the side.
(c) He honks the horn.
(d) He jumps out of the car.
6. What does Thelma say that Charles is, at the end of Chapter 5?
7. What is Stephen not officially offered by the Prime Minister?
(a) A pass.
(b) A book.
(c) An invitation.
(d) A letter.
8. What does Stephen NOT buy at the toy store?
(a) A dog.
(b) A witch hat.
(c) Disappearing ink.
(d) A walkie talkie.
9. Who do Stephen's parents encourage him to forget?
(a) Mark and Melissa.
(b) Thelma and Charles.
(c) Julie and Kate.
(d) Kristen and Claire.
10. As Stephen thinks about what event, does he buy wrapping paper?
(a) Louise's birthday.
(b) Kate's birthday.
(c) Julie's birthday.
(d) Mark's birthday.
11. What does Stephen realize about Kate when he leaves the school?
(a) That she hates him.
(b) That she is dead.
(c) That she has moved apartments.
(d) That she will be different than he imagines.
12. Who appears to talk to Stephen at the subcommittee in a formal way?
(a) The Children's Fund Officer.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The President.
(d) The Secretary of State.
13. Who in the committee visits Stephen and gives him a book?
14. What happens to the truck driver after his vehicle skids?
(a) He becomes unconscious.
(b) He loses an arm.
(c) He is wounded severely.
(d) He gets pinned down.
15. What is Stephen supposed to do with the book?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Give it away for free.
(c) Leak the contents to the press.
(d) Copy it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stephen drop off the truck driver?
2. What does Stephen's father encourage Stephen to return to doing?
3. What is perfectly acceptable to do in the Authorized Child-Care Handbook?
4. What does Stephen start to learn in addition to playing tennis regularly?
5. What is the truck driver's name?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)