|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Stephen driving when he sees a truck skid in front of him?
(a) Jan's house.
(b) Julie's house.
(c) Charles' house.
(d) Mark's house.
2. What is Stephen not officially offered by the Prime Minister?
(a) A letter.
(b) An invitation.
(c) A book.
(d) A pass.
3. Who had warned Stephen of the duplicity of the government and the committee previously?
(a) His boss.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
4. Who in the committee visits Stephen and gives him a book?
5. Who does Stephen talk to at the school about Kate?
(a) A boy.
(b) A girl.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A priest.
6. Who calls Stephen to check on him when he says he is working on a book project?
7. What is perfectly acceptable to do in the Authorized Child-Care Handbook?
(a) Steal from a child.
(b) Give a child food.
(c) Bribe a child.
(d) Teach a child rhymes.
8. Who contacts Stephen to set up an appointment with the Prime Minister?
(a) The assistant secretary.
(b) The lieutenant.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) The secretary.
9. What does Stephen think have similarities and should be paid attention to in education for children?
(a) Law and math.
(b) Religion and ecology.
(c) Art and philosophy.
(d) Writing and music.
10. What does Stephen notice as a change in his parents when he visits them after attending the subcommittee meeting?
(a) They are relaxed and playful.
(b) They look tired and old.
(c) They are hungry and energetic.
(d) They are joyful and at ease.
11. What does Stephen start to learn in addition to playing tennis regularly?
(b) How to cook.
(c) How to forgive.
(d) A new language.
12. What does Stephen take while Charles retires at the house?
(a) A book to read.
(b) A smoke.
(c) A bath.
(d) A call.
13. What does Stephen think might be a reason that Julie left the relationship?
(a) She was anxious.
(b) She was tired of it.
(c) She was eager to get remarried.
(d) She was afraid of him.
14. As Stephen thinks about what event, does he buy wrapping paper?
(a) Kate's birthday.
(b) Louise's birthday.
(c) Mark's birthday.
(d) Julie's birthday.
15. Where does Stephen sit in the car that comes to pick him up for his meeting with the Prime Minister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is warned by a teacher when Stephen leaves the school?
2. Who appears to talk to Stephen at the subcommittee in a formal way?
3. What has Charles built that surprises Stephen?
4. Why did Stephen's family move a lot when he was a kid?
5. How does Stephen spend a lot of his evenings?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)