|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do(es) the person/people that Stephen sees in the window at the pub remind him of?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His friend.
(d) His parents.
2. How does Stephen travel to see Julie?
(a) By bus.
(b) By rail.
(c) By boat.
(d) By car.
3. Who invites Stephen to her house on Eaton Square after the resignation?
4. What does Stephen wonder if he did too soon with Julie?
(b) Sleep with her.
5. When Stephen is worried that Kate might come when he is gone, what does his friend leave behind to comfort him?
(a) A phone.
(b) A key.
(c) A note.
(d) A book.
6. What does the person in a yellow frock at the train station call Stephen?
(a) A smart guy.
(b) An old fool.
(c) A generous man.
(d) A rich creep.
7. Who does Stephen encounter in a yellow frock at the train station?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A young girl.
(c) An old man.
(d) An old woman.
8. What does Stephen do with Julie when he gets to her house after leaving the pub?
(b) Have sex.
9. What does Stephen have a vague memory of riding with his father?
10. What does Julie leave Stephen regarding Chilterns?
(a) A note about Kate.
(b) A note saying she left.
(c) A note with her phone number.
(d) A note apologizing.
11. When Julie and Stephen spent time together, who did they find they could not keep out of their minds, making their time together awkward?
12. Who does Stephen fail to look for when he is frantically looking for Kate?
(c) Police officers.
13. What is one of Stephen's theories about Kate's disappearance?
(a) She was taken to replace a dead child.
(b) She was taken to replace a desired child.
(c) She was taken to replace a lost child.
(d) She was taken to replace a stillborn child.
14. For how long is Stephen unhappy about what happened at Julie's house?
15. What does Stephen receive for his first book as encouragement to change the genre?
(a) A promotion.
(b) A note of praise.
(c) A new house.
(d) A big check.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julie spend most of her time mourning the loss of Kate?
2. How is Kate lost?
3. After the incident with Kate's possessions, what does Julie do?
4. What does Stephen give the person in a yellow frock at the train station?
5. Although he did not pay at the market, what was bagged up for Stephen?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)