|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whom has Stephen built an entire life of dependence?
2. What does Stephen think that men are certain they are doing right with regard to their places in life and their abilities?
(a) They are doing what they should be.
(b) They do their best.
(c) They are not doing what they should be.
(d) They just have to try.
3. What is Stephen's first book renamed?
(c) Drug Wars.
(d) Fetal Syndrome.
4. Who does Stephen tell at the market that Kate has disappeared?
(a) The police.
(b) His boss.
(c) His employee.
(d) His friends.
5. What was the stuffed animal toy that Kate held the day she disappeared?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A mongoose.
(d) An owl.
6. Where is it hinted that Kate might be found dead?
(a) At home.
(b) At the dock.
(c) Under the car.
(d) At the cellar.
7. What does Julie leave Stephen regarding Chilterns?
(a) A note saying she left.
(b) A note about Kate.
(c) A note apologizing.
(d) A note with her phone number.
8. Where does Julie work?
(b) Downing Street.
9. On whom does Stephen compile research for his theories about Kate's disappearance?
10. What does Stephen receive for his first book as encouragement to change the genre?
(a) A big check.
(b) A note of praise.
(c) A new house.
(d) A promotion.
11. In what genre does the editor of Gott suggest putting Stephen's first book?
(a) Children's fiction.
(b) Adult fiction.
(c) Science fiction.
12. Who gets angry with Julie for what she does with Kate's possessions one day?
13. By overcoming what they find difficult to learn, what can children achieve, according to the young man at the committee?
(a) A sense of pride.
(b) A sense of loss.
(c) A sense of accomplishment.
(d) A sense of power.
14. Who does Stephen fail to look for when he is frantically looking for Kate?
(c) Police officers.
15. What does Stephen hold on to as a lifeline after Kate's disappearance?
(a) His wife.
(b) His project.
(c) His notebook.
(d) His alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephen meet with at Gott who convinces him to change the genre of his book?
2. After Kate disappears, how does Stephen's life change?
3. How is Kate lost?
4. Who do(es) the person/people that Stephen sees in the window at the pub remind him of?
5. Who helps Stephen get out of his house after Kate disappears?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)