|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen think Julie is doing to herself after Kate's disappearance?
(c) Hurting herself.
2. Who does Stephen meet with at Gott who convinces him to change the genre of his book?
3. On whom does Stephen compile research for his theories about Kate's disappearance?
4. What does Stephen wonder if he did too soon with Julie?
(a) Sleep with her.
5. What is Stephen's first book called, originally?
6. On whom has Stephen built an entire life of dependence?
7. Who helps Stephen get out of his house after Kate disappears?
8. Who do(es) the person/people that Stephen sees in the window at the pub remind him of?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His friend.
(d) His parents.
9. How does Stephen acquire wealth and fame at Gott's publishing house?
(a) An accident.
(b) A conscious choice.
(c) A clerical error.
(d) A twist of fate.
10. Although he did not pay at the market, what was bagged up for Stephen?
(a) His notes.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His purchases.
(d) His books.
11. What does Stephen do with Julie when he gets to her house after leaving the pub?
(d) Have sex.
12. How does Stephen travel to see Julie?
(a) By boat.
(b) By car.
(c) By bus.
(d) By rail.
13. After the incident with Kate's possessions, what does Julie do?
14. In the new version of the book, what is crazed sex replaced by?
(a) Men gambling.
(b) Women crying.
(c) Youngsters holding hands.
(d) Hippies eating.
15. What does Stephen hold on to as a lifeline after Kate's disappearance?
(a) His wife.
(b) His alcohol.
(c) His project.
(d) His notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephen tell at the market that Kate has disappeared?
2. Who does Stephen fail to look for when he is frantically looking for Kate?
3. What does Julie do with Kate's possessions one day?
4. What does Stephen receive for his first book as encouragement to change the genre?
5. How does Julie respond to Kate's disappearance?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)