|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julie work?
(a) Downing Street.
2. Why is Stephen unhappy after leaving Julie's house?
(a) For answering the phone.
(b) For sleeping with her.
(c) For hiding from Kate.
(d) For listening to Julie.
3. On whom has Stephen built an entire life of dependence?
4. When does Stephen head out to see Julie in Chapter 3?
5. Who does Stephen tell at the market that Kate has disappeared?
(a) His employee.
(b) His friends.
(c) His boss.
(d) The police.
6. How old is Stephen's daughter when she goes missing?
7. Who does Stephen see in the window at the pub?
(a) A group of students.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A young couple.
(d) A priest.
8. What had Stephen been carefully progressing in doing with Julie before he visited her?
(a) Language skills.
9. When Julie had come back from Chilterns, where did she meet Stephen for a brief period?
(a) A condo.
(b) A subway.
(c) An old cottage.
(d) An apartment.
10. What does Julie leave Stephen regarding Chilterns?
(a) A note about Kate.
(b) A note apologizing.
(c) A note saying she left.
(d) A note with her phone number.
11. By overcoming what they find difficult to learn, what can children achieve, according to the young man at the committee?
(a) A sense of loss.
(b) A sense of power.
(c) A sense of accomplishment.
(d) A sense of pride.
12. How does Stephen travel to see Julie?
(a) By car.
(b) By rail.
(c) By bus.
(d) By boat.
13. For how long is Stephen unhappy about what happened at Julie's house?
14. Who cannot discuss Kate's disappearance?
(a) Julie and Kristen.
(b) Stephen and Mark.
(c) Kristen and Claire.
(d) Stephen and Julie.
15. Where is the meeting held that Stephen attends on Reading and Writing?
(a) At Julie's.
(b) At Whitehall.
(c) At Thelma's.
(d) At Downing Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julie spend most of her time mourning the loss of Kate?
2. When Stephen is worried that Kate might come when he is gone, what does his friend leave behind to comfort him?
3. Who does Julie ignore after Kate's disappearance?
4. Who does Stephen fail to look for when he is frantically looking for Kate?
5. Who helps Stephen get out of his house after Kate disappears?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)