|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Stephen unhappy after leaving Julie's house?
(a) For sleeping with her.
(b) For answering the phone.
(c) For hiding from Kate.
(d) For listening to Julie.
2. What is the reason given for the politician's resignation?
(a) A desire to play chess.
(b) A desire for world peace.
(c) A desire to live in the country.
(d) A desire to be a father/mother.
3. Who invites Stephen to her house on Eaton Square after the resignation?
4. Whose artwork will accompany Stephen's first book?
5. How does Stephen wander around looking for Kate at the market?
(a) In a car.
(b) On bicycle.
(c) In a bus.
(d) On foot.
6. After Kate disappears, how does Stephen's life change?
(a) There is a lack of emotion.
(b) There is a lack of purpose.
(c) There is a lack of structure.
(d) There is a lack of money.
7. What does Stephen wait for Julie to do?
(a) To contact him.
(b) To fight with him.
(c) To answer his questions.
(d) To forgive him.
8. What does Stephen think that men are certain they are doing right with regard to their places in life and their abilities?
(a) They are doing what they should be.
(b) They do their best.
(c) They just have to try.
(d) They are not doing what they should be.
9. How old is Stephen's daughter when she goes missing?
10. Where is it hinted that Kate might be found dead?
(a) Under the car.
(b) At home.
(c) At the cellar.
(d) At the dock.
11. What is Stephen Lewis' profession?
(c) College professor.
(d) Children's writer.
12. In the new version of the book, what is crazed sex replaced by?
(a) Women crying.
(b) Hippies eating.
(c) Men gambling.
(d) Youngsters holding hands.
13. What does a speaker at the committee say is difficult for children to learn?
(c) Written languages.
14. How does Stephen travel to see Julie?
(a) By bus.
(b) By car.
(c) By rail.
(d) By boat.
15. Who stayed in bed when Stephen took Kate to the market?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels very guilty about Kate's disappearance?
2. In what category does Stephen submit his first book to Gott?
3. Who does Stephen come to learn has resigned from life in politics?
4. What was Kate wearing the day she disappeared?
5. Who gets angry with Julie for what she does with Kate's possessions one day?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)