|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen hold on to as a lifeline after Kate's disappearance?
(a) His project.
(b) His wife.
(c) His alcohol.
(d) His notebook.
2. What is the reason given for the politician's resignation?
(a) A desire to play chess.
(b) A desire to be a father/mother.
(c) A desire for world peace.
(d) A desire to live in the country.
3. When Stephen is worried that Kate might come when he is gone, what does his friend leave behind to comfort him?
(a) A note.
(b) A book.
(c) A key.
(d) A phone.
4. Whose artwork will accompany Stephen's first book?
5. Who does Stephen tell at the market that Kate has disappeared?
(a) His employee.
(b) His friends.
(c) His boss.
(d) The police.
6. What does Julie leave Stephen regarding Chilterns?
(a) A note with her phone number.
(b) A note saying she left.
(c) A note about Kate.
(d) A note apologizing.
7. What does Stephen do with Julie when he gets to her house after leaving the pub?
(b) Have sex.
8. What does Stephen think that men are certain they are doing right with regard to their places in life and their abilities?
(a) They are not doing what they should be.
(b) They are doing what they should be.
(c) They do their best.
(d) They just have to try.
9. Whose meeting does Stephen attend on Reading and Writing?
(a) The Official Commission on Child Care's Subcommittee.
(b) The Official Commission on Education Subcommittee.
(c) The Official Commission on Environment Subcommittee.
(d) The Official Commission on Transportation Subcommittee.
10. In what genre does the editor of Gott suggest putting Stephen's first book?
(a) Children's fiction.
(c) Adult fiction.
(d) Science fiction.
11. What was Stephen doing when Kate disappeared?
(a) Locking the car.
(b) Paying for items.
(c) Tying his shoelaces.
(d) Peeing in the bathroom.
12. What had Stephen been carefully progressing in doing with Julie before he visited her?
(b) Language skills.
13. Who does Stephen see in the window at the pub?
(a) A group of students.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A priest.
(d) A young couple.
14. What is Stephen's first book renamed?
(b) Fetal Syndrome.
(d) Drug Wars.
15. Where does Julie spend most of her time mourning the loss of Kate?
(a) In a chair.
(b) In bed.
(c) Under the house.
(d) On the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julie work?
2. What does Julie do with Kate's possessions one day?
3. In Stephen's first story, what does a young man spend with two female cousins?
4. What does a speaker at the committee say is difficult for children to learn?
5. What does Stephen wait for Julie to do?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)