|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Stephen's family move a lot when he was a kid?
(a) They were poor.
(b) They were in the military.
(c) There was a war.
(d) There was a famine.
2. What was Stephen doing when Kate disappeared?
(a) Peeing in the bathroom.
(b) Locking the car.
(c) Tying his shoelaces.
(d) Paying for items.
3. What do Stephen and Julie realize about Kate's disappearance by the end of the book?
(a) It was Stephen's fault.
(b) It was Julie's fault.
(c) It was the fault of the kidnapper.
(d) It was no one's fault.
4. Why did Julie go to the cottage, initially?
(a) To get strong.
(b) To train with her brother.
(c) To win a scholarship.
(d) To develop her yoga skills.
5. After Kate disappears, how does Stephen's life change?
(a) There is a lack of purpose.
(b) There is a lack of money.
(c) There is a lack of emotion.
(d) There is a lack of structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. By depriving a child of the written word, what does Stephen fear a child will lose?
2. What does Stephen ask Thelma if she has made any progress upon?
3. What is Stephen Lewis' profession?
4. What was Charles torn between, according to Thelma?
5. How does Stephen spend a lot of his evenings?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)