|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is it hinted that Kate might be found dead?
(a) Under the car.
(b) At the dock.
(c) At home.
(d) At the cellar.
2. When Stephen gets home, who does he tell about Kate's disappearance?
3. On whom has Stephen built an entire life of dependence?
4. What was the stuffed animal toy that Kate held the day she disappeared?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A mongoose.
(d) An owl.
5. By overcoming what they find difficult to learn, what can children achieve, according to the young man at the committee?
(a) A sense of accomplishment.
(b) A sense of loss.
(c) A sense of pride.
(d) A sense of power.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the incident with Kate's possessions, what does Julie do?
2. Whose meeting does Stephen attend on Reading and Writing?
3. What does a speaker at the committee say is difficult for children to learn?
4. What does Stephen think Julie is doing to herself after Kate's disappearance?
5. How does Julie respond to Kate's disappearance?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)