|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie leave Stephen regarding Chilterns?
(a) A note saying she left.
(b) A note with her phone number.
(c) A note apologizing.
(d) A note about Kate.
2. Who stayed in bed when Stephen took Kate to the market?
3. Where does Julie work?
(b) Downing Street.
4. By overcoming what they find difficult to learn, what can children achieve, according to the young man at the committee?
(a) A sense of loss.
(b) A sense of power.
(c) A sense of pride.
(d) A sense of accomplishment.
5. What is Stephen Lewis' profession?
(c) Children's writer.
(d) College professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Kate lost?
2. Where is the meeting held that Stephen attends on Reading and Writing?
3. What does a speaker at the committee say is difficult for children to learn?
4. Who does Julie ignore after Kate's disappearance?
5. How does Stephen wander around looking for Kate at the market?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)