|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julie spend most of her time mourning the loss of Kate?
(a) In a chair.
(b) In bed.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Under the house.
2. Who does Stephen come to learn has resigned from life in politics?
3. What does Stephen give the person in a yellow frock at the train station?
(a) Some drugs.
(b) A book.
(c) A donation.
(d) A letter.
4. What does Stephen think that men are certain they are doing right with regard to their places in life and their abilities?
(a) They just have to try.
(b) They do their best.
(c) They are not doing what they should be.
(d) They are doing what they should be.
5. When Julie had come back from Chilterns, where did she meet Stephen for a brief period?
(a) An apartment.
(b) An old cottage.
(c) A subway.
(d) A condo.
Short Answer Questions
1. By overcoming what they find difficult to learn, what can children achieve, according to the young man at the committee?
2. What does Julie leave Stephen regarding Chilterns?
3. On whom does Stephen compile research for his theories about Kate's disappearance?
4. What had Stephen been carefully progressing in doing with Julie before he visited her?
5. In Stephen's first story, what does a young man spend with two female cousins?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)