|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam and Lisa discover about Jack Dodson and Ernie Simms?
2. What is startling to Lisa and Sam when they read an American Newspaper?
3. Where will Surikov hand over the film?
4. What does he allow Sam and Lisa to do after they see each other?
5. What are the Kellums believed to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interesting about Tim Landis' life at the Charm School?
2. How do the Charm School children differ from the American Embassy children? How are they the same?
3. Wat does Lisa enjoy about churches?
4. What continues to build in Part III?
5. After Lisa and Sam are captured, what are they forced to do?
6. What are Lisa and Sam given while at the Charm School?
7. What is sodium pentothal used for?
8. What sort of torture does Burov subject Lisa and Sam to?
9. Why do Sam and Lisa panic when the plane is delayed?
10. Why does Banks warm Sam and Lisa against visiting Fisher's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what an idealist Communist State would be like.
How did Cold War Russia live up to this purest form of Communism and how did it fail?
During the Cold War, what caused Americans to be so incredibly scared of Russians?
Essay Topic 2
How is the Communist State of Russia portrayed to be extremely hypocritical by DeMille?
Do you agree with DeMille's assertions concerning the hypocritical nature of the Soviet state?
How do some of the Russian people attempt to silently put down their government?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the Charm School an exact replica of the American Embassy?
Do you think this will help spies to better integrate once they are trained?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)