|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What don't Seth and Lisa agree on?
2. What is the first stop on Sam and Lisa's plane?
3. What Lisa and Sam realize they are being followed in Chapter 23, how do they loose their perusers?
4. While Sam devises a plan to escape, he and Lisa will ______.
5. What does Mrs. Kellum reveal about Sam's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Sam have the truth serum?
2. After Lisa and Sam are captured, what are they forced to do?
3. Why does Banks warm Sam and Lisa against visiting Fisher's parents?
4. Is Seth a double crosser to his "friend" Sam?
5. While Sam packs his bags, who visits him and gives him information about his wife?
6. Why do Lisa and Sam become uncomfortable with the Kellums?
7. Why does Lisa decide to accept the "teaching" position at the Charm School?
8. When Sam goes to meet Seth late at night, what information does he learn about the Charm School?
9. Wat does Lisa enjoy about churches?
10. Why are cultural exchanges important for employees at the American Embassy? Conversely, why are they important for the Russians?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Sam and Seth believe each other to be friends, they also have a very competitive rivalry occurring between the men.
Describe how Sam and Seth are similar to one another?
What makes them alike besides their positions as spies and interest in Lisa?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, the theme of Freedom is explored. Many characters and, in fact, an entire society are being robbed of their ability to live their lives in the way they choose.
How does DeMille effectively discuss the theme of freedom?
Describe instances in which a person or society's chance at freedom is being taken away. Be very detailed and clear in your explanation.
Essay Topic 3
How is the Communist State of Russia portrayed to be extremely hypocritical by DeMille?
Do you agree with DeMille's assertions concerning the hypocritical nature of the Soviet state?
How do some of the Russian people attempt to silently put down their government?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)