|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lisa and Sam tried and found guilty of?
2. What position does Burov wish for Lisa to take?
3. Who will Surikov give the microfilm to?
4. According to Mike Salerno, where is Jack Dodson?
5. Who supposedly leaked the details of Fisher's phone call?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is each building, or area constructed as within the Charm School similar to?
2. Why does Banks warm Sam and Lisa against visiting Fisher's parents?
3. What are Lisa and Sam given while at the Charm School?
4. Is Seth a double crosser to his "friend" Sam?
5. Why do Lisa and Sam become uncomfortable with the Kellums?
6. Why does Seth insist that Lisa stay away from Sam?
7. Surikov promises to deliver this important information to Sam if Sam delivers something else to him?
8. When Sam goes to meet Seth late at night, what information does he learn about the Charm School?
9. After Lisa and Sam are captured, what are they forced to do?
10. Even though Salerno tries to speak to Sam as a friend, what does Sam think about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a foreigner, it can sometimes be difficult to adjust to the cultural identity of a new country. Discuss how the following characters have trouble understanding Cold War Russia and identifying with the people that live there:
- Gregory Fisher
Essay Topic 2
Compare Colonel Burov to Sam. How are the two men extremely alike for their respective governments?
What are the men's reasons for detesting each other, but also secretly liking one another?
Essay Topic 3
When Same and Lisa learn of the function of the Charm School, they begin to think of people that could possible be Russian spies.
Why is Sam very quick to believe that Lisa is a Charm School graduate? Is it because he is feeling something for her?
Is Sam afraid to let his feelings be free because he might get hurt, the same way he was hurt with his wife?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)