|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising news does the Colonel give Sam and Lisa?
2. What does the black-marketeer, Misha, reveal to Sam about Fisher?
3. Why is the event well attended?
4. Why does Fisher decide to call the American Embassy?
5. What event has Lisa's ex-boyfriend invited her to go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the novel begins, how does DeMille's style narrate the story?
2. After they find out at Fisher has died, what must they do?
3. When Gregory Fisher calls the embassy, who he is patched through to?
4. Why are Lisa and Sam forced to kill two KGB guards.
5. After not finding Fisher at the hotel, what happens to Sam and Bill?
6. By driving deeper into the forest of Borodino, what do the two discover?
7. When Sam and Bill arrive at the hotel, what do they discover concerning Fisher?
8. What do Sam and Lisa notice about the people in the village?
9. What unsettles Lisa and Sam when they are debriefed by Banks?
10. Because Sam and Lisa are being destroyed, what do they decide to do after they identify the body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Lisa open Sam's eyes to the real Russian and the real people of Russia?
Explain how in this instance, the State and the Russian people are different.
How to the people of Yablonya show that not all Russian people blindly follow their corrupt, unjust, and difficult government?
Essay Topic 2
Prejudice is experienced on many levels throughout the novel. For example, Sam often judges every Russian he meets based on their government and bureaucracy. Because he has had bad experiences with some Russians, he blames all Russians.
Describe 2 other times where characters exhibit prejudice throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
While Sam and Seth believe each other to be friends, they also have a very competitive rivalry occurring between the men.
Describe how Sam and Seth are similar to one another?
What makes them alike besides their positions as spies and interest in Lisa?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)