|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Seth often send Lisa while they were dating?
2. Where did this person claim to have been imprisoned for the last 20 years?
3. Where do Sam and Lisa travel to retrieve Fisher's body?
4. Why is Lisa unable to concentrate?
5. How has the colonel made the deduction that they were at the Charm School?
Short Essay Questions
1. By driving deeper into the forest of Borodino, what do the two discover?
2. What does Sam think is interesting about this person?
3. When Sam and Bill arrive at the hotel, what do they discover concerning Fisher?
4. Because Sam and Lisa are being destroyed, what do they decide to do after they identify the body?
5. Why does Banks tell Sam and Lisa they must leave Russia in five days?
6. What disturbs Lisa about her boss, Kaye.
7. As the novel begins, how does DeMille's style narrate the story?
8. Why are Lisa and Sam forced to kill two KGB guards.
9. At work, what is Lisa working on that gives her a headache?
10. What type of novel is The Charm School by Nelson DeMille?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a foreigner, it can sometimes be difficult to adjust to the cultural identity of a new country. Discuss how the following characters have trouble understanding Cold War Russia and identifying with the people that live there:
- Gregory Fisher
Essay Topic 2
How does Lisa open Sam's eyes to the real Russian and the real people of Russia?
Explain how in this instance, the State and the Russian people are different.
How to the people of Yablonya show that not all Russian people blindly follow their corrupt, unjust, and difficult government?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the Charm School an exact replica of the American Embassy?
Do you think this will help spies to better integrate once they are trained?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)