|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sam and Lisa have to take a detour after collecting Fisher's body?
(a) They again feel as though they are being followed.
(b) They want to find the school again.
(c) They begin asking people about Fisher.
(d) They begin asking people about
2. How do Lisa and Sam threaten Banks?
(a) They say they will tell his wife he has been cheating on her.
(b) They want money or they will go to all the newspapers.
(c) They will contact the president and tell him about what is being done.
(d) They claim they will tell people in the United States about Fisher's death.
3. How did Fisher try to help this person?
(a) By giving him money.
(b) By giving him maps.
(c) By letting him use his cell phone.
(d) By giving him money and maps.
4. What does Lisa recall that gave her a headache when she saw this band perform live.
(a) The Beatles.
(b) Van Halen.
(c) The Jackson Five.
(d) Pink Floyd.
5. What agreement do Sam and Surikov decide to make?
(a) Sam will give half the money up front.
(b) He will give him half of the information up front.
(c) Surikov will give all the info upfront and then receive help into the US in 1 week.
(d) Surikov will complete 5 tasks for Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. At work, what does Lisa tell Kay she is working on?
2. Who contacts Lisa about Fisher's death?
3. Who does Lisa actually work for?
4. When the people of Yablonya learn that Sam and Lisa are Americans, what questions do they ask?
5. Who debriefs Sam and Lisa before they are allowed to get Fisher's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Lisa's character is introduced into the story, what does the reader learn about her personal and professional life?
2. After they find out at Fisher has died, what must they do?
3. Why does Banks tell Sam and Lisa they must leave Russia in five days?
4. Because Sam and Lisa are being destroyed, what do they decide to do after they identify the body?
5. What do Sam and Lisa notice about the people in the village?
6. When Gregory Fisher calls the embassy, who he is patched through to?
7. What unsettles Lisa and Sam when they are debriefed by Banks?
8. When Sam and Bill arrive at the hotel, what do they discover concerning Fisher?
9. Why does Fisher's calls ultimately end up with Sam Hollis?
10. Who informs Sam and Lisa that Gregory Fisher has died and how did he die?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)