|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in his room, what does Fisher order from room service?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(d) Some stew.
2. At work, what does Lisa tell Kay she is working on?
(a) A press release for Van Halen.
(b) An event for Van Halen to come to Russia.
(c) An event for the Russian ambassador.
(d) A press release for Madonna.
3. Who welcomes Sam and Lisa to the village?
(a) Pavel and Ida.
(b) Paccha and Ida.
(c) Pavel and Iva.
(d) Pacsha and Iva.
4. Why must Sam and Lisa leave Russia in 5 days?
(a) They want to escape together away from Seth.
(b) The Americans have to have budget layoffs.
(c) Their positions have been cut for their unauthorized stop in Borodino.
(d) They wish to go on a small holiday.
5. If Sam does not help Surikov, who will he give all of the information to the ______.
(a) British or French.
(c) Australians or Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fisher decide to call the American Embassy?
2. After leaving Borodino, what does Fisher realize?
3. Sam's aide ____________ informs Sam that higher-ups in Washington, D.C. have instructed him to report on Sam's activities.
4. What does Lisa recall that gave her a headache when she saw this band perform live.
5. What event does Kay Hoffman invite LIsa to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unsettles Lisa and Sam when they are debriefed by Banks?
2. Who informs Sam and Lisa that Gregory Fisher has died and how did he die?
3. As the novel begins, how does DeMille's style narrate the story?
4. Why is Sam beginning to get suspicious concerning Lisa?
5. What type of novel is The Charm School by Nelson DeMille?
6. Why does Banks tell Sam and Lisa they must leave Russia in five days?
7. When Gregory Fisher calls the embassy, who he is patched through to?
8. As Lisa's character is introduced into the story, what does the reader learn about her personal and professional life?
9. Why are Lisa and Sam forced to kill two KGB guards.
10. What disturbs Lisa about her boss, Kaye.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)