|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Surikov gives Sam information on the Charm School, what must Sam help Surikov do?
(a) Sam must help him defect to the west.
(b) He wants $1 million from the US.
(c) Get Surikov a private plane to the Caman islands.
(d) Buy Surikov a place in Russia government.
2. What information does the Frenchwoman at the Rossiya have for Sam?
(a) She never saw Fisher.
(b) Fisher was drunk and babbling but never mentioned the school.
(c) Fisher told her the Charm School has been taken over by the KGB.
(d) Fisher decided to stay at another hotel.
3. Why does Fisher decide to call the American Embassy?
(a) He has taken too many sleeping pills.
(b) He is drunk and paranoid.
(c) Someone is threatening him.
(d) He is high off of many drugs.
4. How do Lisa and Sam threaten Banks?
(a) They will contact the president and tell him about what is being done.
(b) They want money or they will go to all the newspapers.
(c) They say they will tell his wife he has been cheating on her.
(d) They claim they will tell people in the United States about Fisher's death.
5. Where do Sam and Lisa sleep during their stay?
(a) They sleep in their car because its more comfortable.
(b) The small town has one Bed and Breakfast.
(c) Outside, because there is not much room.
(d) In Ida and Pavel's farmhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What agreement do Sam and Surikov decide to make?
2. Where did Seth often send Lisa while they were dating?
3. Ultimately, what is the plan of the Russians against America?
4. Where do Sam and Lisa travel to retrieve Fisher's body?
5. Sam's aide ____________ informs Sam that higher-ups in Washington, D.C. have instructed him to report on Sam's activities.
Short Essay Questions
1. As the novel begins, how does DeMille's style narrate the story?
2. Who informs Sam and Lisa that Gregory Fisher has died and how did he die?
3. Because Sam and Lisa are being destroyed, what do they decide to do after they identify the body?
4. What disturbs Lisa about her boss, Kaye.
5. What does Sam think is interesting about this person?
6. When Sam and Bill arrive at the hotel, what do they discover concerning Fisher?
7. Why does Banks tell Sam and Lisa they must leave Russia in five days?
8. By driving deeper into the forest of Borodino, what do the two discover?
9. What unsettles Lisa and Sam when they are debriefed by Banks?
10. What type of novel is The Charm School by Nelson DeMille?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)