|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the novel take place?
(a) During the Afghan War.
(b) During Vietnam War.
(c) During the Civil War.
(d) During the Cold War.
2. When the people of Yablonya learn that Sam and Lisa are Americans, what questions do they ask?
(a) They ask about American farming practices.
(b) They want to know about American celebrities.
(c) They wish to borrow clothes of Sam and Lisa.
(d) They want to know about American television.
3. When Fisher calls the embassy who is he patched through to?
4. Where do they choose to wait out their followers?
(d) Vladimir City.
5. At work, what does Lisa tell Kay she is working on?
(a) An event for the Russian ambassador.
(b) A press release for Madonna.
(c) An event for Van Halen to come to Russia.
(d) A press release for Van Halen.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Sam does not help Surikov, who will he give all of the information to the ______.
2. How does Kay try to talk Lisa into coming to the event?
3. The Charm School is a story of __________________ set in ____________.
4. Ultimately, what is the plan of the Russians against America?
5. When Lisa and Sam learn that Ida's children are learning English, what do they leave them?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the two finally arrive at the Morgue, who are they debriefed by and why is this person angry?
2. As Lisa's character is introduced into the story, what does the reader learn about her personal and professional life?
3. Who is Kay Hoffman and why does she invite Lisa to different activities?
4. After not finding Fisher at the hotel, what happens to Sam and Bill?
5. What disturbs Lisa about her boss, Kaye.
6. When Sam and Bill arrive at the hotel, what do they discover concerning Fisher?
7. What do Sam and Lisa notice about the people in the village?
8. At work, what is Lisa working on that gives her a headache?
9. As the novel begins, how does DeMille's style narrate the story?
10. What type of novel is The Charm School by Nelson DeMille?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)