|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Sam and Lisa given on the grounds of the Charm School?
(a) Their own cottage.
(b) A store to run.
(c) Time to spend by themselves.
(d) Money to spend on the grounds of the school.
2. What is Commander Lewis Poole able to give Lisa and Sam that is helpful to their investigation?
(a) Names of Russian government rulers.
(b) The names of all Russian spies at the school.
(c) The names of all the Americans at the Charm School.
(d) The blueprints for the school.
3. What does Sam learn about his new friend, Tim Landis?
(a) Tim is an American prisoner married to a Russian women.
(b) He wishes he would have never married.
(c) He wishes he would have never had children.
(d) Tim is a double agent.
4. How does General Austin feel about being at the Charm School with the rest of the people?
(a) Guilty that he has not tried harder to get them all out of the Charm School.
(b) Sad, because he wants to see his wife and kids.
(c) Happy that his friends are around.
(d) Exhausted because he can't think of any ways to escape.
5. What will Surikov give Sam if he helps Surikov and his granddaughter defect?
(a) All of the people in involved in running the Charm School.
(b) HIs undying loyalty.
(c) Information on the instructors of the school.
(d) The names of the Charm School spies.
6. Who supposedly leaked the details of Fisher's phone call?
(a) A Russian spy.
(b) Someone at the Embassy.
(d) Seth, who is a double agent.
7. What personal information does Burov reveal to Sam?
(a) He has a wife he loves very much.
(b) He wants his daughter to learn from Sam.
(c) He will kill them if he suspects foul play.
(d) He has a small daughter, Natalia.
8. At Lisa and Sam's going away party, what do their colleagues do?
(a) Beg them not to leave.
(b) Sign a book for them to remember all of their old coworkers.
(c) Give funny going away speeches.
(d) Talk about Sam and LIsa behind their back.
9. What is the first stop on Sam and Lisa's plane?
10. What is everyone at camp preparing for in Chapter 35?
(a) The Halloween Party.
(b) The execution.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) The new arrivals.
11. What causes Lisa to accept their teaching positions at the Charm School?
(a) When Burov threatens them with death.
(b) Burov says they will be millionaires.
(c) Burov will kill Lisa if she does not join.
(d) Burov threatens to kill someone if they do not comply.
12. Why does Sam attack a Red Force guard?
(a) He thinks that everyone is plotting against him.
(b) He wants to show Lisa he is macho.
(c) He is scared they will be kidnapped.
(d) He can sense that something is amiss.
13. When Sam sees the village of Yablonya from the helicopter, what does he realize?
(a) They are being taken to the Charm School.
(b) They will be taken to prison in
(c) They will get to see their news friends sooner than they thought.
(d) They are going back to the American embassy in Russia.
14. What is Bank's position or career?
(a) He is a diplomat.
(b) A legal assistant.
(c) The director of Lisa's department.
(d) Assistant to the under secretary of the District Attorney.
15. What Lisa and Sam realize they are being followed in Chapter 23, how do they loose their perusers?
(a) They begin to run.
(b) They take a series of trains.
(c) They get a plane ticket and go to Germany.
(d) Put on a disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sam decide to stay until it is time to leave Russia?
2. At the church, who does Sam recognize?
3. What did the Russians do to Fisher to make it seem like he died this way?
4. What position does Burov wish for Lisa to take?
5. Where do Sam and Lisa go after they sneak out of the embassy?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)