|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does General Austin feel about being at the Charm School with the rest of the people?
(a) Happy that his friends are around.
(b) Exhausted because he can't think of any ways to escape.
(c) Guilty that he has not tried harder to get them all out of the Charm School.
(d) Sad, because he wants to see his wife and kids.
2. Why is this extremely dangerous for Sam and the American government?
(a) Sam knows a lot about classified government information.
(b) Sam knows a lot about other countries secrets.
(c) Sam has many secrets.
(d) All of the above.
3. What item of Lisa's was destroyed by Mrs. Kellum?
(a) Her favorite ring.
(b) Her grandmother's icon.
(c) Her Bible.
(d) Lisa's photography book.
4. While the students of the KGB school walk, talk, and act like Americans, what is wrong?
(a) The students are not excited about learning.
(b) They study too hard so everything seems fake.
(c) They do not learn quickly enough.
(d) Something seems to be missing from their performance.
5. What does Sam begin to suspect about Lisa?
(a) She is not who she says she is.
(b) He thinks she may be using him for his job privileges.
(c) That she is a Charm School graduate.
(d) She still loves Seth.
6. What position does Burov wish for Lisa to take?
(a) Be Natalia's personal secretary.
(b) Assistant Principal.
(c) To be is daughter's governess.
(d) His own personal secretary.
7. What Lisa and Sam realize they are being followed in Chapter 23, how do they loose their perusers?
(a) Put on a disguise.
(b) They take a series of trains.
(c) They begin to run.
(d) They get a plane ticket and go to Germany.
8. How are they treated when they first arrive at the Charm School?
(a) Poorly; They are beaten, interrogated, and starved.
(b) They are calmly questioned.
(c) Like friends.
(d) Average. They are not allowed to make any phone calls.
9. What does the Charm School heavily resemble?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) The American Embassy in Russia.
(c) New York City.
(d) Washington D.C.
10. Besides training Russian spies, what inadvertently takes place on the grounds of the Charm School?
(a) People fall in love.
(b) Cultural exchange between prisoners and students.
(c) Russians change their minds about wanting to spy.
(d) Sometimes people of opposite sides become friends.
11. What are Lisa and Sam tried and found guilty of?
(a) Spying in Russia.
(b) The murder of two KGB officials.
(c) Distributing forbidden reading materials to villagers.
(d) Falsifying documents.
12. At Lisa and Sam's going away party, what do their colleagues do?
(a) Talk about Sam and LIsa behind their back.
(b) Give funny going away speeches.
(c) Beg them not to leave.
(d) Sign a book for them to remember all of their old coworkers.
13. When Sam and Lisa are first taken to the Charm School, where are they held?
(a) In a luxury room.
(b) In small windowless cells.
(c) A mediocre hotel.
(d) In a small jail.
14. What is the first stop on Sam and Lisa's plane?
15. What are the Kellums believed to be?
(a) A couple from Milwaukee.
(b) A kind married couple.
(c) Mean, old , and private.
(d) Questionable and rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Commander Lewis Poole able to give Lisa and Sam that is helpful to their investigation?
2. What are Sam and Lisa given on the grounds of the Charm School?
3. Where do Sam and Lisa go after they sneak out of the embassy?
4. Who has just been captured by the KGB in Chapter 34?
5. Before they can begin their training as instructors, what will Sam and Lisa be forced to take?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)