|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is startling to Lisa and Sam when they read an American Newspaper?
(a) The president has been killed.
(b) Their families have been killed.
(c) Their deaths have been reported.
(d) Who has been elected president.
2. Where does the action of Chapters 31-36 take place?
(a) In the Cathedral.
(b) The American embassy.
(c) In the Charm School.
(d) The Russian embassy.
3. Why does Seth tell Lisa she will be in danger if she stays with Sam in America?
(a) Sam will take unsafe risks.
(b) He knows Lisa is a Charm School graduate.
(c) Sam will try to kill her because he knows too much.
(d) Sam is a target and he will never be safe. So she will also be in danger.
4. What item of Lisa's was destroyed by Mrs. Kellum?
(a) Her Bible.
(b) Her favorite ring.
(c) Her grandmother's icon.
(d) Lisa's photography book.
5. What is everyone at camp preparing for in Chapter 35?
(a) The Halloween Party.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) The new arrivals.
(d) The execution.
6. When Salerno tries to get information about Fisher from Sam, how does Sam react?
(a) He spills the beans to Salerno.
(b) He punches Salerno for being too intrusive.
(c) Sam says nothing, but Lisa says too much.
(d) He reveals nothing.
7. What does Tim often worry about?
(a) The education his son will receive.
(b) His son will never meet his other family.
(c) What will happen to all the children born in Charm School.
(d) His son may be confused about his life.
8. Where do Sam and Lisa go after they sneak out of the embassy?
(a) To see Seth and get more information.
(b) To the grave of Patersnak.
(c) Cathedral of the Virgin of Smolensk.
(d) They want to go see Surikov.
9. What Lisa and Sam realize they are being followed in Chapter 23, how do they loose their perusers?
(a) They begin to run.
(b) Put on a disguise.
(c) They take a series of trains.
(d) They get a plane ticket and go to Germany.
10. What are Lisa and Sam tried and found guilty of?
(a) The murder of two KGB officials.
(b) Distributing forbidden reading materials to villagers.
(c) Falsifying documents.
(d) Spying in Russia.
11. What does Mike Salerno claim to be?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A shop owner in America.
(c) A friend of Fisher's family.
(d) A friend of Lisa's Russian family.
12. What will Surikov give Sam if he helps Surikov and his granddaughter defect?
(a) All of the people in involved in running the Charm School.
(b) HIs undying loyalty.
(c) Information on the instructors of the school.
(d) The names of the Charm School spies.
13. What are Sam and Lisa given on the grounds of the Charm School?
(a) Money to spend on the grounds of the school.
(b) A store to run.
(c) Their own cottage.
(d) Time to spend by themselves.
14. What are the buildings on the Charm School grounds fashioned after?
(a) Buildings in Russia.
(b) Buildings in Canada.
(c) Buildings in the U.S.
(d) Buildings in Europe.
15. What are the prisoners used as?
(a) They are pumped for American war secrets.
(b) Workers in the Charm School.
(c) They teach how to be American.
(d) They are forced to mate with Russian women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Charm School heavily resemble?
2. Why do many men choose to marry and have children at the Charm School?
3. What does he allow Sam and Lisa to do after they see each other?
4. Why is Sam and Lisa's plane forced to land early?
5. What does this confirm for Sam?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)