|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Kay Hoffman invite LIsa to?
(a) A power lunch with the Ambassador of Russia.
(b) The Friday night party at the embassy.
(c) To have a girls night in.
(d) A dance club in Moscow.
2. In Russia, what are foreigners not allowed to do?
(a) Travel alone.
(b) Drive a car.
(c) Be on the roads after dark.
(d) Go into the country.
3. When Fisher gets out of his car to read a sign off the road, what does he hear?
(a) A radio playing in the distance.
(b) Another car on the road.
(c) Someone else's voice.
(d) An animal in the forest.
4. Who welcomes Sam and Lisa to the village?
(a) Pavel and Ida.
(b) Paccha and Ida.
(c) Pavel and Iva.
(d) Pacsha and Iva.
5. When does the novel take place?
(a) During Vietnam War.
(b) During the Cold War.
(c) During the Afghan War.
(d) During the Civil War.
6. Liddya, a young village girl, gives Sam and Lisa some bad news. What is it?
(a) A group of soldiers cam looking for them last night.
(b) A young member of the Young Communist League will tell about their visit.
(c) They will have to tell the KGB about the visit the next time they are in town.
(d) Her the members of her family are actually well trained American spies.
7. While in his room, what does Fisher order from room service?
(a) Some stew.
(d) A bottle of wine.
8. When Fisher calls the embassy who is he patched through to?
9. Who follows Fisher for most of the day after he arrives in Moscow?
(a) The KGB.
(b) His Russian ex-girlfriend.
(c) Russian police officers.
(d) Russian spies.
10. Why must Sam and Lisa leave Russia in 5 days?
(a) They want to escape together away from Seth.
(b) Their positions have been cut for their unauthorized stop in Borodino.
(c) They wish to go on a small holiday.
(d) The Americans have to have budget layoffs.
11. Why does the person refuse to take a ride from Fisher?
(a) He hopes to
(b) He thinks riding in a Trans Am is too conspicuous.
(c) He does not want to cause Fisher danger.
(d) He wishes to remain on his own.
12. At work, what does Lisa tell Kay she is working on?
(a) An event for the Russian ambassador.
(b) An event for Van Halen to come to Russia.
(c) A press release for Madonna.
(d) A press release for Van Halen.
13. Who contacts Lisa about Fisher's death?
(a) Fisher's wife wants to know what really happened to her husband.
(b) A reporter names Mike Salerno wants to know all about Fisher.
(c) His parents contact Lisa.
(d) American news agencies have contacted Lisa to confirm the details.
14. Why is the event well attended?
(a) Because of the increase of tourisim in Russia.
(b) Woman want to meet men and marry them.
(c) Americans wish to be connected to their embassy.
(d) People want to meet the ambassador.
15. What does Sam demand from banks concerning his career?
(a) Sam would like to retire.
(b) To become a commander.
(c) A promotion to general.
(d) He wants a raise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Burov from arresting Sam and Lisa?
2. How did Fisher try to help this person?
3. At the end of chapter 21, where does Sam go?
4. Were does Sam think that Colonel Burov may be from?
5. Who does Lisa decide to send her phone call to?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)