|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapters 37 - 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the novel take place?
(a) During the Afghan War.
(b) During Vietnam War.
(c) During the Civil War.
(d) During the Cold War.
2. What are Sam and Lisa given on the grounds of the Charm School?
(a) A store to run.
(b) Money to spend on the grounds of the school.
(c) Their own cottage.
(d) Time to spend by themselves.
3. While the students of the KGB school walk, talk, and act like Americans, what is wrong?
(a) Something seems to be missing from their performance.
(b) They do not learn quickly enough.
(c) They study too hard so everything seems fake.
(d) The students are not excited about learning.
4. When Sam sees the village of Yablonya from the helicopter, what does he realize?
(a) They will get to see their news friends sooner than they thought.
(b) They will be taken to prison in
(c) They are going back to the American embassy in Russia.
(d) They are being taken to the Charm School.
5. After the new "Americans" have infiltrated the US, what should keep them from liking America?
(a) Their hate for Americans.
(b) Threats from the government.
(c) What they learned in Charm School.
(d) Loyalty to their country.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Borodino, what does Fisher realize?
2. What agreement do Sam and Surikov decide to make?
3. When Fisher gets out of his car to read a sign off the road, what does he hear?
4. In Chapter 32, Burov allows Sam and Lisa to see each other. What does this mean?
5. In the 1970s, hundreds and thousands of _________________ were being held in Vietnam were handed over to the Russians in exchange for missiles.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)