|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tabidgi tell Mrs. Newby to give him and Jimmie?
2. Where do Dowie and Dud go after reading the article?
3. Where will Jimmie march to?
4. What is mentioned in the newspapers that Jimmie finds?
5. Where does Jimmie suggest they put McCreadie?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Mr. Newby, why does he stop giving the Blacksmiths' groceries?
2. Why does Jimmie leave Tabidgi behind?
3. Why do Jimmie and Tabidgi visit the Newby household in Chapter 8?
4. How is McCreadie getting along with the brothers?
5. Why does Mort paint his face white?
6. What does Jimmie promise Mort and why does he make this promise?
7. Describe the new bill that is created in response to the brothers.
8. Who is McCreadie?
9. What do the brothers do to trick the men chasing them?
10. What happens at Pilbarra Camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the author's use of third-person perspective in The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith affected the telling of the story. What does the reader know that the characters do not because of this? What is left a mystery?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the torment and guilt faced by Dowie Stead. Why does he feel this way and what does it cause him to do?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Jimmie killing mainly women and not men?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)