|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jimmie want to kill instead of Mr. Newby?
2. Where will Jimmie march to?
3. According to Jimmie, why is Tabidgi striking the women?
4. In Chapter 13, where do Dowie and Dud decide to go?
5. What is mentioned in the newspapers that Jimmie finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jimmie attack the women?
2. What does Dowie find in the schoolteacher's home?
3. Describe the new bill that is created in response to the brothers.
4. Why does McCreadie tell Jimmie to leave Mort, and how does Jimmie react?
5. Why does Jimmie send Gilda and the baby away?
6. How is McCreadie getting along with the brothers?
7. Why do Jimmie and Mort go to the Healy's house?
8. What place does McCreadie show the brothers?
9. What happens to Jimmie while he is wading in a stream?
10. How is McCreadie's health?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the torment and guilt faced by Dowie Stead. Why does he feel this way and what does it cause him to do?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of symbolism in The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith.
Essay Topic 3
The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith is based on the life of Jimmy Governor, an Aborigine, who, along with his brother, committed a number of murders in Australia in 1900. Research the life of Jimmy Governor. Compare and contrast the true story to the fictional retelling of the story in The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)