|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jimmie and the others carry the dead man from Verona in?
2. Who is Peter?
3. What does Newby give Jimmie when Gilda arrives?
4. How does Jimmie deal with Healy's complaints?
5. What is unique about Jimmie's heritage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Farrell satisfied with Jimmie?
2. Why does Jimmie quit his job with the police?
3. What are we told happened in 1891?
4. Why do Jimmie and Mort stop working for Claude Lewis?
5. Why does Jimmie think that it will be good to work for the police?
6. Who are the Nevilles and what is their role in Jimmie's life?
7. What does Mrs. Newby do for Gilda?
8. What does Mr. Newby do that is just like Jimmie's previous employers?
9. How is Gilda doing since the birth?
10. Describe Gilda.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How significant is McCreadie in the capture of Jimmie in The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith?
Essay Topic 2
Jimmie faces harsh and cruel discrimination on a daily basis and even has his food and income taken from him because of racial prejudices. Write an opinion essay on how Jimmie should have handled the hostile environment he found himself in.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of symbolism in The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)