|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has to happen before Mr. Hyberry can receive honors from the Premier?
(a) The brothers must be tried in a court of law.
(b) The brothers' victims must come back from the dead.
(c) The brothers must be exiled.
(d) The brothers must be caught and hung.
2. What does Mrs. Newby say before she dies?
(a) Jimmie attacked her and Tabidgi tried to stop him.
(b) Tabidgi and Jimmie attacked her equally.
(c) Tabidgi injured her the most.
(d) Jimmie had nothing to do with the attack.
3. What is the holy place shaped like?
(a) A womb.
(b) A foot.
(c) A star.
(d) A totem pole.
4. When Mort is spotted carrying McCreadie in Chapter 14, in which direction does he run?
5. When do Jimmie and Mort cross the Divide?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mort do in the morning in Chapter 11?
2. How many seconds go by before Mr. Hyberry trips the lever when hanging someone?
3. How does Mort die?
4. What is mentioned in the newspapers that Jimmie finds?
5. What is Jimmie concerned about telling Mort?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jimmie send Gilda and the baby away?
2. What happens to Mort in Chapter 14?
3. What happens when Mort and Jimmie find a little house with an old couple inside?
4. What place does McCreadie show the brothers?
5. What happens to Gilda in Chapter 12?
6. Why does Jimmie attack the women?
7. What does Rev. Neville tell his wife in Chapter 10, and why does he tell her this?
8. What happens to Jimmie while he is wading in a stream?
9. Describe the new bill that is created in response to the brothers.
10. What news does Mr. Hyberry receive in Chapter 14, and how does he react?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)