|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jimmie want to kill instead of Mr. Newby?
(a) Mrs. Newby.
(c) The minister.
(d) Miss Graf.
2. When do Jimmie and Mort cross the Divide?
3. What does Jimmie take from the Newby household?
(a) Food and blankets.
(b) Food, guns, and ammunition.
(d) Money and cigars.
4. After the violence in Chapter 8, what does Jimmie realize?
(a) He is insane.
(b) He is incurable.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is immoral.
5. Where is Mr. Newby when Jimmie and Tabidgi go to the Newby house?
(a) At the old farmhouse.
(b) Next door.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mort do at the holy place?
2. Who answers the door at the Newby's house when Jimmie and Tabidgi visit?
3. How much labor has Jimmie still not been paid for by Mr. Newby in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mort do in the morning in Chapter 11?
5. What is mentioned in the newspapers that Jimmie finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the new bill that is created in response to the brothers.
2. What place does McCreadie show the brothers?
3. Why does McCreadie tell Jimmie to leave Mort, and how does Jimmie react?
4. Why does Jimmie leave Tabidgi behind?
5. What does Dowie find in the schoolteacher's home?
6. What happens to Gilda in Chapter 12?
7. How does Mort react to the murder of Mrs. Healy and the baby?
8. Who is McCreadie?
9. What happens when Mort and Jimmie find a little house with an old couple inside?
10. What does Dowie mean when he says that he has become a figure of sentiment that must be maintained?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)