|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jimmie and Mort see when they head towards Verona?
(a) An abandoned barn.
(b) A robbery.
(c) A village on fire.
(d) Mounted police.
2. What time do the brothers arrive at a small house in Chapter 11?
(a) Nine o'clock.
(b) Three o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) One o'clock.
3. Who wakes up Mort in Chapter 14?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A police officer.
4. What is mentioned in the newspapers that Jimmie finds?
(a) Peter is still at large.
(b) Gilda has been sentenced to life in prison.
(c) Mr.Newby has passed away.
(d) Tabidgi has been sentenced to death.
5. Why does Jimmie travel to the Healy's home?
(a) To ask for money.
(b) To kill Mrs. Healy.
(c) To steal bread.
(d) To take Mr. Healy hostage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large are the tallest of the rocks at the initiation site McCreadie shows Jimmie and Mort?
2. What does McCreadie tell Jimmie after they rebuild the holy place?
3. What is the holy place shaped like?
4. Where is Ted Knoller waiting?
5. Why do Jimmie and Mort carry McCreadie on their backs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dowie mean when he says that he has become a figure of sentiment that must be maintained?
2. What does Jimmie promise Mort and why does he make this promise?
3. Why does Jimmie attack the women?
4. What happens to Gilda in Chapter 12?
5. Describe the new bill that is created in response to the brothers.
6. Why does Dowie Stead go after Jimmie and Mort?
7. What happens to Jimmie while he is wading in a stream?
8. Why does Jimmie leave Tabidgi behind?
9. What does Dowie find in the schoolteacher's home?
10. Who is McCreadie?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)