|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Healy holding when Jimmie enters the house?
(a) A gun.
(b) Knitting needles.
(c) A basket.
(d) A baby.
2. What is the committee that the town has formed for?
(a) To compile information as to the whereabouts of the brothers.
(b) To organize a hunting trip.
(c) To patrol the town and river for the Blacksmith brothers.
(d) To form a group to search for the brothers on horseback.
3. After Mort dies, how many hours pass before Dowie arrives?
4. What do preachers do following the murders?
(a) Hold an over the top funeral for the victims.
(b) Ask the public to pray for Jimmie's capture.
(c) Spread the news in their services.
(d) Join the police in their pursuit.
5. How many seconds go by before Mr. Hyberry trips the lever when hanging someone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Jimmie and Mort ride on cows?
2. What evidence does Dowie find in the schoolteacher's house?
3. Who does Jimmie want to kill instead of Mr. Newby?
4. What does Mort do at the holy place?
5. Where does Jimmie suggest they put McCreadie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jimmie send Gilda and the baby away?
2. What does Jimmie promise Mort and why does he make this promise?
3. How is McCreadie's health?
4. What news does Mr. Hyberry receive in Chapter 14, and how does he react?
5. Why does Jimmie want to kill Miss Graf?
6. Why does Dowie Stead go after Jimmie and Mort?
7. What happens when Mort and Jimmie find a little house with an old couple inside?
8. Why does Mort paint his face white?
9. Who is McCreadie?
10. What place does McCreadie show the brothers?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)