|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jimmie and Mort ride on cows?
(a) To reach Brentwood more quickly.
(b) To give their legs a rest.
(c) To escape from the police.
(d) To hide their tracks.
2. How does Mort die?
(a) Mort is shot.
(b) Mort drowns.
(c) Mort is hit in the head with a blunt tool.
(d) Mort is hanged.
3. What does Jimmie finally tell Mort in Chapter 11?
(a) Tabidgi has been captured.
(b) Gilda's baby is not his.
(c) He is not related to Mort.
(d) He killed the Newby women.
4. What does Mort do in the morning in Chapter 11?
(a) Paint his face white.
(b) Walk back to the camp.
(c) Hunt for fresh meat.
(d) Chant and dance.
5. What did Mort and Jimmie leave at the camp?
(a) Their rifles.
(b) A map and flask.
(c) Their shoes, food and blankets.
(d) Food, blankets and Jimmie's initiation tooth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what do Dowie and Dud read an article about?
2. What do McCreadie and Mort argue about?
3. What do Mort and Jimmie reach by midday in Chapter 11?
4. What is mentioned in the newspapers that Jimmie finds?
5. Where does Jimmie suggest they put McCreadie?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)