|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Newby tranced?
(a) His anger and hate for Jimmie are paralyzing him.
(b) He has had too much Rum and Whisky.
(c) He has been injured in the attack.
(d) He is traumatized from the attack.
2. What does Mrs. Newby say before she dies?
(a) Tabidgi and Jimmie attacked her equally.
(b) Jimmie attacked her and Tabidgi tried to stop him.
(c) Tabidgi injured her the most.
(d) Jimmie had nothing to do with the attack.
3. In Chapter 13, where do Dowie and Dud decide to go?
4. Where does Jimmie actually leave McCreadie?
(a) By a main road.
(b) In Jimmie's tracks.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In a church.
5. Where does Mort carry McCreadie after Jimmie leaves them?
(a) To Brentwood.
(b) To a farmhouse.
(c) To the police station.
(d) To McCreadie's holy place in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the Newby home on Monday morning?
2. What does Gilda tell Jimmie she really believed?
3. What do Jimmie and Mort do after running from the police for one mile?
4. Where is Gilda released from custody?
5. What is mentioned in the newspapers that Jimmie finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jimmie leave Tabidgi behind?
2. What happens to Gilda in Chapter 12?
3. What place does McCreadie show the brothers?
4. What happens to Jimmie while he is wading in a stream?
5. According to Mr. Newby, why does he stop giving the Blacksmiths' groceries?
6. What happens to Mort in Chapter 14?
7. What happens at Pilbarra Camp?
8. Is Jimmie happy to be left alone with Mort?
9. What does Jimmie promise Mort and why does he make this promise?
10. What happens when Mort and Jimmie find a little house with an old couple inside?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)