|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what do Dowie and Dud read an article about?
(a) Tabidgi's sentencing.
(b) Racial relations in Australia.
(c) Jimmie and Mort Blacksmith.
(d) The Boer war.
2. When does Dowie arrive at the Healy's?
(a) The morning after Jimmie and Mort.
(b) An hour after Jimmie and Mort.
(c) A week after Jimmie and Mort.
(d) A day after Jimmie and Mort.
3. After the violent attack on the Newby household, who does NOT flee with Jimmie?
(b) Gilda's baby.
(c) Rev. Neville.
4. Where will Jimmie march to?
(d) New South Wales.
5. What direction are the brothers going in in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the old man need his blankets?
2. Where does Jimmie find some newspapers?
3. Who takes Gilda away?
4. Why is Dowie more indecisive than ever?
5. What does Mr. Hyberry tell Ted he would never do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jimmie send Gilda and the baby away?
2. What happens to Jimmie while he is wading in a stream?
3. Describe the new bill that is created in response to the brothers.
4. What happens to Mort in Chapter 14?
5. What happens at Pilbarra Camp?
6. Why does Dowie Stead go after Jimmie and Mort?
7. Is Jimmie happy to be left alone with Mort?
8. What happens when Mort and Jimmie find a little house with an old couple inside?
9. What news does Mr. Hyberry receive in Chapter 14, and how does he react?
10. Why do Jimmie and Mort go to the Healy's house?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)