|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie take from the old man's house?
(a) A heavy blanket and clothes.
(b) A rifle and some food.
(c) Food and alcohol.
(d) A shawl, a blanket, and some food.
2. Why does the old man need his blankets?
(a) His house is very cold.
(b) His wife is sick.
(c) He has many children to keep warm.
(d) He is sick.
3. What did Mort and Jimmie leave at the camp?
(a) Their shoes, food and blankets.
(b) Their rifles.
(c) Food, blankets and Jimmie's initiation tooth.
(d) A map and flask.
4. Where does Jimmie suggest they put McCreadie?
(a) On a farmer's veranda.
(b) Near a camp.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) By the river.
5. Where does Jimmie actually leave McCreadie?
(a) In Jimmie's tracks.
(b) By a main road.
(c) In a church.
(d) In a barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCreadie tell Jimmie after they rebuild the holy place?
2. Who does Jimmie want to kill instead of Mr. Newby?
3. What does Jimmie finally tell Mort in Chapter 11?
4. What does Mrs. Newby say before she dies?
5. What does Jimmie tell Mort to do after they flee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mort and Jimmie find a little house with an old couple inside?
2. Why does Jimmie send Gilda and the baby away?
3. Why does Jimmie attack the women?
4. Why does McCreadie tell Jimmie to leave Mort, and how does Jimmie react?
5. What happens to Gilda in Chapter 12?
6. Who is McCreadie?
7. What does Dowie find in the schoolteacher's home?
8. What news does Mr. Hyberry receive in Chapter 14, and how does he react?
9. Why does Dowie Stead go after Jimmie and Mort?
10. What do the brothers do to trick the men chasing them?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)