|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jimmie begin to write a letter to?
(b) The police.
2. In Chapter 13, where do Dowie and Dud decide to go?
3. Why is there a particularly good day to loot houses?
(a) The country people go to church on that day.
(b) The country people are working in the fields on that day.
(c) The country people go into town on that day.
(d) The country people go to parties on that day.
4. Why is Mr. Newby tranced?
(a) His anger and hate for Jimmie are paralyzing him.
(b) He has had too much Rum and Whisky.
(c) He is traumatized from the attack.
(d) He has been injured in the attack.
5. After the Healys' attack, where do Mort and Jimmie go?
(a) Kaluah Camp.
(b) Mungindi Camp.
(c) Pilbarra Camp.
(d) Verona Camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jimmie and Mort do after running from the police for one mile?
2. What does Mort do at the holy place?
3. Who answers the door at the Newby's house when Jimmie and Tabidgi visit?
4. Where is Gilda released from custody?
5. What is the holy place shaped like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jimmie and Mort go to the Healy's house?
2. What happens to Jimmie while he is wading in a stream?
3. What place does McCreadie show the brothers?
4. Describe the new bill that is created in response to the brothers.
5. What does Dowie mean when he says that he has become a figure of sentiment that must be maintained?
6. Why does Jimmie leave Tabidgi behind?
7. What happens to Gilda in Chapter 12?
8. Why do Jimmie and Tabidgi visit the Newby household in Chapter 8?
9. What does Dowie find in the schoolteacher's home?
10. Why does Jimmie want to kill Miss Graf?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)