|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jimmie and Mort drop along the way during their escape?
(c) Jimmie's initiation tooth.
(d) A map.
2. When do Jimmie and Mort cross the Divide?
3. What does Jimmie take from the Newby household?
(b) Money and cigars.
(c) Food and blankets.
(d) Food, guns, and ammunition.
4. Who takes Gilda away?
(a) Rev. Neville.
(b) Mr. Newby.
(c) Two Sisters of Mercy.
(d) Dowie Stead.
5. After Mort dies, how many hours pass before Dowie arrives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmie love doing?
2. Why does Jimmie travel to the Healy's home?
3. Where will Jimmie march to?
4. What does McCreadie tell Jimmie after they rebuild the holy place?
5. What does Mrs. Newby say before she dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dowie Stead go after Jimmie and Mort?
2. What news does Mr. Hyberry receive in Chapter 14, and how does he react?
3. What does Jimmie promise Mort and why does he make this promise?
4. What does Dowie mean when he says that he has become a figure of sentiment that must be maintained?
5. Why do Jimmie and Mort go to the Healy's house?
6. Is Jimmie happy to be left alone with Mort?
7. Why does Jimmie leave Tabidgi behind?
8. What happens to Mort in Chapter 14?
9. Why does Jimmie attack the women?
10. What do the brothers do to trick the men chasing them?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)