|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Healys' attack, where do Mort and Jimmie go?
(a) Mungindi Camp.
(b) Kaluah Camp.
(c) Pilbarra Camp.
(d) Verona Camp.
2. What do Jimmie and Mort do after running from the police for one mile?
(a) Turn themselves in.
(b) Wade through water to avoid leaving tracks.
(c) Hide their rifles and climb a tree.
(d) Find shelter and go to sleep.
3. How large are the tallest of the rocks at the initiation site McCreadie shows Jimmie and Mort?
(a) Twelve feet tall.
(b) Four feet tall.
(c) Eight feet tall.
(d) Twenty feet tall.
4. According to the brothers, which is the best day to loot houses?
5. Why is there a particularly good day to loot houses?
(a) The country people are working in the fields on that day.
(b) The country people go to church on that day.
(c) The country people go to parties on that day.
(d) The country people go into town on that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the violent attack on the Newby household, who does NOT flee with Jimmie?
2. What does Mr. Hyberry tell Ted he would never do?
3. What does the old man ask Jimmie and Mort?
4. Who does Jimmie want to kill instead of Mr. Newby?
5. Where is Mr. Newby going to move?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jimmie and Mort go to the Healy's house?
2. What happens to Jimmie while he is wading in a stream?
3. Who is McCreadie?
4. What happens to Mort in Chapter 14?
5. Why does Jimmie want to kill Miss Graf?
6. Is Jimmie happy to be left alone with Mort?
7. According to Mr. Newby, why does he stop giving the Blacksmiths' groceries?
8. What does Rev. Neville tell his wife in Chapter 10, and why does he tell her this?
9. Why does McCreadie tell Jimmie to leave Mort, and how does Jimmie react?
10. What happens to Gilda in Chapter 12?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)