|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mort is spotted carrying McCreadie in Chapter 14, in which direction does he run?
2. When does Dowie arrive at the Healy's?
(a) The morning after Jimmie and Mort.
(b) An hour after Jimmie and Mort.
(c) A week after Jimmie and Mort.
(d) A day after Jimmie and Mort.
3. What do Jimmie and Mort do after running from the police for one mile?
(a) Turn themselves in.
(b) Find shelter and go to sleep.
(c) Hide their rifles and climb a tree.
(d) Wade through water to avoid leaving tracks.
4. What do Jimmie and Mort drop along the way during their escape?
(c) Jimmie's initiation tooth.
(d) A map.
5. Why does Jimmie travel to the Healy's home?
(a) To kill Mrs. Healy.
(b) To take Mr. Healy hostage.
(c) To steal bread.
(d) To ask for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jimmie suggest they put McCreadie?
2. Where does Mort carry McCreadie after Jimmie leaves them?
3. What is Mr. Newby doing when Jimmie and Tabidgi visit?
4. Who arrives at the Newby home on Monday morning?
5. Why do Jimmie and Mort carry McCreadie on their backs?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Mr. Newby, why does he stop giving the Blacksmiths' groceries?
2. What does Jimmie promise Mort and why does he make this promise?
3. Why do Jimmie and Mort go to the Healy's house?
4. What happens when Mort and Jimmie find a little house with an old couple inside?
5. Describe the new bill that is created in response to the brothers.
6. How is McCreadie getting along with the brothers?
7. Is Jimmie happy to be left alone with Mort?
8. How does Mort react to the murder of Mrs. Healy and the baby?
9. What happens at Pilbarra Camp?
10. Why does Mort paint his face white?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)