|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie tell Mort to do after they flee?
(a) Get fresh meat.
(b) Start a fire.
(c) Go home.
(d) Find shelter.
2. How does the newly passed bill affect Jimmie and Mort?
(a) People have the right to shoot the brothers.
(b) Jimmie and Mort are considered extremely dangerous.
(c) Jimmie and Mort are not allowed on Australian soil.
(d) A reward will be given if they are found dead or alive.
3. Why does Jimmie travel to the Healy's home?
(a) To steal bread.
(b) To take Mr. Healy hostage.
(c) To kill Mrs. Healy.
(d) To ask for money.
4. What does the old man ask Jimmie and Mort?
(a) If they are in need of shelter.
(b) If they are the Blacksmith brothers.
(c) If they are travelling salesmen.
(d) If they are planning on robbing him.
5. What does Gilda tell Jimmie she really believed?
(a) He would love the baby whether he was the father or not.
(b) He would make a great husband.
(c) The baby was his.
(d) He would protect her always.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Newby tranced?
2. What has to happen before Mr. Hyberry can receive honors from the Premier?
3. How many hours after they flee does Jimmie allow for a rest?
4. What do Mort and Jimmie reach by midday in Chapter 11?
5. After the violence in Chapter 8, what does Jimmie realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dowie find in the schoolteacher's home?
2. Is Jimmie happy to be left alone with Mort?
3. What happens when Mort and Jimmie find a little house with an old couple inside?
4. How does Mort react to the murder of Mrs. Healy and the baby?
5. Why does Jimmie send Gilda and the baby away?
6. Why does Dowie Stead go after Jimmie and Mort?
7. What happens to Gilda in Chapter 12?
8. Why do Jimmie and Tabidgi visit the Newby household in Chapter 8?
9. According to Mr. Newby, why does he stop giving the Blacksmiths' groceries?
10. What does Jimmie promise Mort and why does he make this promise?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)