|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McCreadie tell Jimmie after they rebuild the holy place?
(a) Jimmie and Mort must hide at the holy place.
(b) Jimmie must leave Mort.
(c) Mort is sick.
(d) Mort cannot last as long as Jimmie.
2. How much labor has Jimmie still not been paid for by Mr. Newby in Chapter 8?
(a) Two thousand yards.
(b) One hundred yards.
(c) Nine hundred yards.
(d) Four hundred yards.
3. What is Mrs. Healy holding when Jimmie enters the house?
(a) Knitting needles.
(b) A basket.
(c) A gun.
(d) A baby.
4. Who arrives at the Newby home on Monday morning?
(d) Dowie Stead.
5. Where is Mr. Newby going to move?
(d) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jimmie and Mort do after running from the police for one mile?
2. What did Mort and Jimmie leave at the camp?
3. Where is Ted Knoller waiting?
4. What do McCreadie and Mort argue about?
5. In Chapter 13, where do Dowie and Dud decide to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jimmie and Tabidgi visit the Newby household in Chapter 8?
2. Why does McCreadie tell Jimmie to leave Mort, and how does Jimmie react?
3. What does Dowie mean when he says that he has become a figure of sentiment that must be maintained?
4. Why does Mort paint his face white?
5. Why does Jimmie send Gilda and the baby away?
6. Is Jimmie happy to be left alone with Mort?
7. What place does McCreadie show the brothers?
8. What do the brothers do to trick the men chasing them?
9. Why does Jimmie attack the women?
10. What happens when Mort and Jimmie find a little house with an old couple inside?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)