|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dowie feel about the news that the town has formed a committee?
2. What does Mrs. Newby say before she dies?
(a) Tabidgi injured her the most.
(b) Tabidgi and Jimmie attacked her equally.
(c) Jimmie attacked her and Tabidgi tried to stop him.
(d) Jimmie had nothing to do with the attack.
3. What does Gilda tell Jimmie she really believed?
(a) He would make a great husband.
(b) He would protect her always.
(c) He would love the baby whether he was the father or not.
(d) The baby was his.
4. What does Mr. Hyberry do before the day of a hanging?
(b) Read a particular passage from the bible.
(c) Survey the man to be hung.
(d) Light a candle.
5. Why does Jimmie travel to the Healy's home?
(a) To kill Mrs. Healy.
(b) To steal bread.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To take Mr. Healy hostage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mort do at the holy place?
2. How does Jimmie feel when at the holy place?
3. What does Jimmie finally tell Mort in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 13, where do Dowie and Dud decide to go?
5. After the violence in Chapter 8, what does Jimmie realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Pilbarra Camp?
2. What place does McCreadie show the brothers?
3. What news does Mr. Hyberry receive in Chapter 14, and how does he react?
4. Who is McCreadie?
5. How is McCreadie's health?
6. What does Jimmie promise Mort and why does he make this promise?
7. Why does Jimmie send Gilda and the baby away?
8. What happens to Gilda in Chapter 12?
9. Why does Jimmie want to kill Miss Graf?
10. Why does Mort paint his face white?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)