|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mort dies, how many hours pass before Dowie arrives?
2. What is Mr. Newby doing when Jimmie and Tabidgi visit?
(a) Rolling hay.
(b) Bagging wheat.
(c) Riding a horse.
(d) Catching a chicken.
3. What do McCreadie and Mort argue about?
(a) Race relations.
(b) Which direction to head in.
(c) The brothers' murders.
(d) The African War.
4. When do Jimmie and Mort cross the Divide?
5. Where is Mr. Newby when Jimmie and Tabidgi go to the Newby house?
(a) Next door.
(b) In the fields.
(c) In the barn.
(d) At the old farmhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings the man to be hung to Mr. Hyberry?
2. What does Mrs. Newby say before she dies?
3. What do Jimmie and Mort do after running from the police for one mile?
4. Where does Jimmie actually leave McCreadie?
5. What do Jimmie and Mort drop along the way during their escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jimmie attack the women?
2. How is McCreadie's health?
3. Why does Jimmie want to kill Miss Graf?
4. What happens to Gilda in Chapter 12?
5. Describe the new bill that is created in response to the brothers.
6. What does Rev. Neville tell his wife in Chapter 10, and why does he tell her this?
7. Why does Jimmie leave Tabidgi behind?
8. What happens to Jimmie while he is wading in a stream?
9. According to Mr. Newby, why does he stop giving the Blacksmiths' groceries?
10. What does Jimmie promise Mort and why does he make this promise?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)