|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jimmie and Mort see when they head towards Verona?
(a) A robbery.
(b) Mounted police.
(c) A village on fire.
(d) An abandoned barn.
2. What does Jimmie finally tell Mort in Chapter 11?
(a) He killed the Newby women.
(b) He is not related to Mort.
(c) Tabidgi has been captured.
(d) Gilda's baby is not his.
3. What does Jimmie love doing?
(a) Living in the forest with his brother.
(b) Discovering new trails.
(c) Walking in the rain.
(d) Hunting with his tribesmen.
4. Who does Mort know at the camp?
5. What do Mort and Jimmie reach by midday in Chapter 11?
(a) A cave.
(b) A camp.
(c) A village.
(d) Some water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do the brothers arrive at a small house in Chapter 11?
2. What does McCreadie tell Jimmie after they rebuild the holy place?
3. Where does a bullet strike Jimmie?
4. How does Dowie feel about the news that the town has formed a committee?
5. What evidence does Dowie find in the schoolteacher's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jimmie promise Mort and why does he make this promise?
2. Why does Jimmie attack the women?
3. What news does Mr. Hyberry receive in Chapter 14, and how does he react?
4. Why does Jimmie leave Tabidgi behind?
5. How does Mort react to the murder of Mrs. Healy and the baby?
6. Why do Jimmie and Mort go to the Healy's house?
7. What happens when Mort and Jimmie find a little house with an old couple inside?
8. Why does Dowie Stead go after Jimmie and Mort?
9. Is Jimmie happy to be left alone with Mort?
10. Why does Jimmie want to kill Miss Graf?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)