|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie take from the Newby household?
(a) Food and blankets.
(b) Money and cigars.
(d) Food, guns, and ammunition.
2. What does the old man ask Jimmie and Mort?
(a) If they are travelling salesmen.
(b) If they are planning on robbing him.
(c) If they are the Blacksmith brothers.
(d) If they are in need of shelter.
3. What has to happen before Mr. Hyberry can receive honors from the Premier?
(a) The brothers' victims must come back from the dead.
(b) The brothers must be tried in a court of law.
(c) The brothers must be caught and hung.
(d) The brothers must be exiled.
4. What does Mrs. Newby say before she dies?
(a) Tabidgi and Jimmie attacked her equally.
(b) Jimmie had nothing to do with the attack.
(c) Tabidgi injured her the most.
(d) Jimmie attacked her and Tabidgi tried to stop him.
5. After Jimmie is injured, what does he eat?
(b) A lemon.
(d) A carrot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmie love doing?
2. What does Jimmie tell Mort to do after they flee?
3. After the violence in Chapter 8, what does Jimmie realize?
4. Why is Mr. Newby tranced?
5. What is mentioned in the newspapers that Jimmie finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mort in Chapter 14?
2. How does Mort react to the murder of Mrs. Healy and the baby?
3. Why does Jimmie attack the women?
4. Why does McCreadie tell Jimmie to leave Mort, and how does Jimmie react?
5. What does Dowie mean when he says that he has become a figure of sentiment that must be maintained?
6. What does Dowie find in the schoolteacher's home?
7. What happens to Gilda in Chapter 12?
8. According to Mr. Newby, why does he stop giving the Blacksmiths' groceries?
9. Why do Jimmie and Mort go to the Healy's house?
10. Why does Mort paint his face white?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)