|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the initiation tooth given to Jimmie?
(a) For Jimmie to give to Gilda.
(b) For Jimmie to bury.
(c) For Jimmie to keep safe.
(d) For Jimmie to wear around his neck.
2. Who is Peter?
(a) Jimmie's cousin.
(b) Jimmie's father.
(c) Jimmie's brother.
(d) Jimmie's nephew.
3. When is Jimmie expected to accompany the constable?
(a) At target practice.
(b) When they arrest a black person.
(c) When entering a blacks' camp.
(d) During lunch.
4. Where does Jimmie go to arrange his marriage?
(a) The Anglican Church.
(b) The Methodist Church.
(c) The Synagogue.
(d) The Catholic Church.
5. For what reason does Jimmie suggests Healy won't provide him with the document?
(a) Healy is immoral.
(b) Healy is stingy.
(c) Healy is racist.
(d) Healy is illiterate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmie soon believe is the best way to bettering his life?
2. What does Jimmie think of Gilda?
3. Who has Jimmie Blacksmith married?
4. Who does Lewis not trust?
5. Where is the church overseen by Rev. Neville?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jimmie's impression of Mrs. Healy?
2. Who are the Nevilles and what is their role in Jimmie's life?
3. Toward the end of Chapter 2, what has Jimmie decided is the key to bettering his life?
4. How is Gilda doing since the birth?
5. What does Miss Graf do to help Gilda and how does Gilda react?
6. Why does Jimmie quit his job with the police?
7. Why was Healy unhappy with the fence Jimmie built?
8. What does Mr. Newby do that is just like Jimmie's previous employers?
9. Describe the place and time that the novel is set in.
10. Why is Jimmie awakened one night by someone in Verona?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)