|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie do with his police uniform?
(a) Jimmie throws it in the forest.
(b) Jimmie gives it to Mort.
(c) Jimmie returns it.
(d) Jimmie burns it.
2. What is Jimmie afraid that Farrell will do after he leaves work?
(a) Leave the candles lit.
(b) Hurt Harry Edwards.
(c) Get lost on the way home.
(d) Leave the door unlocked.
3. When is Jimmie expected to accompany the constable?
(a) When entering a blacks' camp.
(b) During lunch.
(c) When they arrest a black person.
(d) At target practice.
4. What complaint does Healy have about the fence?
(a) The fence isn't sturdy enough.
(b) The fence is crooked.
(c) The fence posts are misplaced.
(d) The fence is too short.
5. Who hires Jimmy to make a forest fence?
(a) A German farmer.
(b) An Irish farmer.
(c) A Welsh farmer.
(d) An American farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Jimmie Blacksmith married?
2. Who brings Jimmie his initiation tooth?
3. Who does Gilda fear and hate?
4. In the years following his initiation, what does Jimmie question?
5. What does Gilda think about the job offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mort in Chapter 14?
2. What happens to Dowie at the end of the novel?
3. What sort of work do Jimmie and Mort do?
4. What happens to Jimmie while he is wading in a stream?
5. What does Dowie mean when he says that he has become a figure of sentiment that must be maintained?
6. Is Jimmie happy to be left alone with Mort?
7. Toward the end of Chapter 2, what has Jimmie decided is the key to bettering his life?
8. What happens when Mort and Jimmie find a little house with an old couple inside?
9. Why does McCreadie tell Jimmie to leave Mort, and how does Jimmie react?
10. Why is Jimmie awakened one night by someone in Verona?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)