|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the church overseen by Rev. Neville?
2. When is Jimmie expected to accompany the constable?
(a) When they arrest a black person.
(b) At target practice.
(c) During lunch.
(d) When entering a blacks' camp.
3. When Mort sees Jimmie in Chapter 7, what does he do?
4. Where does Jimmie go to arrange his marriage?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Synagogue.
(c) The Anglican Church.
(d) The Methodist Church.
5. Where does Miss Petra Graf live?
(a) With Farrell.
(b) With Jimmie and Gilda.
(c) Next door to Jimmie and Gilda.
(d) At the Newby's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the women appalled at Gilda in Chapter 7?
2. Who kills a white man in Verona?
3. How does Jimmie deal with Healy's complaints?
4. What is Tabidgi's "white" name?
5. What does Jimmy know after seeing the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Gilda doing since the birth?
2. Why was Healy unhappy with the fence Jimmie built?
3. Why does Jimmie leave home after only staying there for two days?
4. Why does Jimmie quit his job with the police?
5. Why might Jimmie have decided to drop the issue rather than argue with Healy about the quality of the fence?
6. Why do Jimmie and Mort stop working for Claude Lewis?
7. What does Miss Graf do to help Gilda and how does Gilda react?
8. Why is Jimmie awakened one night by someone in Verona?
9. How was Jimmie punished for Healy's dissatisfaction with the fence?
10. What is Jimmie's impression of Mrs. Healy?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)