|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jimmie afraid that Farrell will do after he leaves work?
(a) Hurt Harry Edwards.
(b) Leave the candles lit.
(c) Leave the door unlocked.
(d) Get lost on the way home.
2. What kinds of blacks does the constable like?
(a) Blacks who show talent.
(b) Blacks who can read.
(c) Blacks who are good at math.
(d) Blacks who work hard.
3. When is Jimmie expected to accompany the constable?
(a) At target practice.
(b) During lunch.
(c) When entering a blacks' camp.
(d) When they arrest a black person.
4. Who does Gilda fear and hate?
(c) Tabidgi Jackie Smolders.
5. What is unique about Jimmie's heritage?
(a) He is white but raised by aboriginals.
(b) He is black but raised by white people.
(c) He is half white, half aborigine.
(d) He is half aborigine, half Chinese.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Healy respond to Jimmie's suggestion of why Healy won't provide the document?
2. Who is Miss Petra Graf?
3. Who was concerned for Jimmie in his absence from the camp?
4. Who is Peter?
5. What does Farrell give Jimmie after he helps Farrell find Harry Edwards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Newby do that is just like Jimmie's previous employers?
2. Why is Jimmie awakened one night by someone in Verona?
3. Why is Gilda glad that she will be able to give birth in the main house?
4. Why does Jimmie think that it will be good to work for the police?
5. Who do the Nevilles suggest Jimmie should attempt to marry, and why?
6. Toward the end of Chapter 2, what has Jimmie decided is the key to bettering his life?
7. What does Miss Graf do to help Gilda and how does Gilda react?
8. Why doesn't Jimmie tell Farrell what he knew about Harry Edwards?
9. Why might Jimmie have decided to drop the issue rather than argue with Healy about the quality of the fence?
10. Who are the Nevilles and what is their role in Jimmie's life?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)