|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mr. Healy dressed when Jimmie sees him in the morning in Chapter 3?
(a) Mr. Healy is dressed for a funeral.
(b) Mr. Healy is dressed for church.
(c) Mr. Healy is wearing overalls.
(d) Mr. Healy is dressed slovenly.
2. What does Jimmie do with his police uniform?
(a) Jimmie throws it in the forest.
(b) Jimmie returns it.
(c) Jimmie gives it to Mort.
(d) Jimmie burns it.
3. In the years following his initiation, what does Jimmie question?
(a) His heritage.
(b) His tribal manhood.
(c) His family.
(d) His place in the world.
4. What does the kitchen maid, Gilda, look like?
(a) A robust woman with a round face and think hair.
(b) A short woman with a swollen face and messy hair.
(c) A tall woman with a sunken face and straight hair.
(d) A small woman with a narrow face and lank hair.
5. What does Jimmie go to the Department on Agriculture for?
(a) To apply for a job.
(b) To submit a work permit.
(c) To get a leaflet about wood.
(d) To complain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the minister's wife think Jimmie is cutting down wood?
2. What does Jimmie tell the contractor after the contractor tries to short-change him?
3. When Jimmie disappeared from the camp in 1891, what did his mother think happened to him?
4. Who was concerned for Jimmie in his absence from the camp?
5. What does Mort gain a reputation as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Gilda doing since the birth?
2. Who does Jimmie fall in love with in Chapter 2?
3. Why was Healy unhappy with the fence Jimmie built?
4. Why is Farrell satisfied with Jimmie?
5. Describe Gilda.
6. Why does Jimmie quit his job with the police?
7. What sort of work do Jimmie and Mort do?
8. What is Jimmie's impression of Mrs. Healy?
9. Why doesn't Jimmie tell Farrell what he knew about Harry Edwards?
10. Who do the Nevilles suggest Jimmie should attempt to marry, and why?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)