|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmie go to the Department on Agriculture for?
(a) To get a leaflet about wood.
(b) To apply for a job.
(c) To complain.
(d) To submit a work permit.
2. What does Mort gain a reputation as?
(a) A horse killer.
(b) A horse whisperer.
(c) A horse breaker.
(d) A horse breeder.
3. Who kills a white man in Verona?
(a) Tabidgi Jackie Smolders.
(b) Claude Lewis.
(c) Harry Edwards.
(d) Jimmie Blacksmith.
4. How does Jimmie's progress with the fence go?
(a) He finishes on time.
(b) He finishes two days late.
(c) He doesn't finish at all.
(d) He finishes early.
5. How much money does Healy pay Jimmie for building the fence?
(a) Just enough to cover supply expenses.
(b) Less that what was agreed to.
(d) The agreed amount, plus tip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jimmie and Mort do one morning because of Lewis's treatment of them?
2. What do members of Jimmie's totem begin to associate fencing and similar tasks with?
3. In the years following his initiation, what does Jimmie question?
4. Why does Mr.Newby say he has stopped giving Jimmie and Gilda advances on groceries?
5. What do the Healys do when they later pass Jimmie on the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jimmie's impression of Mrs. Healy?
2. What is the significance of Jimmie's initiation tooth?
3. What does Mrs. Newby do for Gilda?
4. Why does Jimmie leave home after only staying there for two days?
5. Why does Jimmie think that it will be good to work for the police?
6. Why doesn't Jimmie tell Farrell what he knew about Harry Edwards?
7. Describe the place and time that the novel is set in.
8. Why does Tabidgi Jackie Smolders visit Jimmie?
9. Why does Jimmie quit his job with the police?
10. Why might Jimmie have decided to drop the issue rather than argue with Healy about the quality of the fence?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)