|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Jimmie tell Wongee Tom he wants to get?
(a) Coal digging.
(b) Cattle- herding.
(c) Sheep sheering.
2. What does Gilda think about the job offer?
(a) It is generous.
(b) It is tenuous.
(c) It is suspicious.
(d) It is bogus.
3. What role does Rev. Neville offer Jimmy at his new church?
(a) Sunday school teacher.
(b) Servant or busboy.
(d) Choir boy.
4. What country is Claude Lewis from?
5. Who is Peter?
(a) Jimmie's brother.
(b) Jimmie's cousin.
(c) Jimmie's nephew.
(d) Jimmie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the birth of Gilda's baby?
2. Who hires Jimmy to make a forest fence?
3. How has Gilda felt since giving birth?
4. Who offers Gilda new employment?
5. Why does Mr.Newby say he has stopped giving Jimmie and Gilda advances on groceries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jimmie's impression of Mrs. Healy?
2. What does Mr. Newby do that is just like Jimmie's previous employers?
3. Why doesn't Jimmie tell Farrell what he knew about Harry Edwards?
4. How is Gilda doing since the birth?
5. Why does Jimmie think that it will be good to work for the police?
6. What does Miss Graf do to help Gilda and how does Gilda react?
7. Describe Gilda.
8. Why might Jimmie have decided to drop the issue rather than argue with Healy about the quality of the fence?
9. Why is Mr. Newby angry at Jimmie and what does he do about it?
10. Who are the Nevilles and what is their role in Jimmie's life?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)