|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jimmie deal with Healy's complaints?
(a) Jimmie complains to Rev. Neville.
(b) Jimmie lets the issue drop.
(c) Jimmie damages the fence.
(d) Jimmie argues with Healy.
2. Where does Miss Petra Graf live?
(a) With Jimmie and Gilda.
(b) With Farrell.
(c) At the Newby's house.
(d) Next door to Jimmie and Gilda.
3. Who brings Jimmie his initiation tooth?
(a) Jimmie's mother.
(b) Tabidgi Jack Smolders.
4. How does Jimmie's progress with the fence go?
(a) He finishes two days late.
(b) He doesn't finish at all.
(c) He finishes early.
(d) He finishes on time.
5. Who kills a white man in Verona?
(a) Jimmie Blacksmith.
(b) Claude Lewis.
(c) Tabidgi Jackie Smolders.
(d) Harry Edwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Healy have about the fence?
2. What does Jimmie think of Mrs Healy?
3. What does Jimmie think of Gilda?
4. What does Newby give Jimmie when Gilda arrives?
5. Why is the initiation tooth given to Jimmie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jimmie leave home after only staying there for two days?
2. Why was Healy unhappy with the fence Jimmie built?
3. Describe the place and time that the novel is set in.
4. Why do Jimmie and Mort stop working for Claude Lewis?
5. Who do the Nevilles suggest Jimmie should attempt to marry, and why?
6. What does Mrs. Newby do for Gilda?
7. What are we told happened in 1891?
8. Who are the Nevilles and what is their role in Jimmie's life?
9. What is Jimmie's impression of Mrs. Healy?
10. Why is Mr. Newby angry at Jimmie and what does he do about it?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)