|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Rev. Neville offer Jimmy at his new church?
(a) Sunday school teacher.
(b) Choir boy.
(d) Servant or busboy.
2. According to Tabidgi, what has Jimmie done by marrying a white woman?
(a) Ruined his life.
(b) Achieved greatness.
(c) Raised his social standing.
(d) Broken the tribal marriage pattern.
3. What is Tabidgi's "white" name?
(a) Freddie Munch.
(b) Albert Finnie.
(c) Robert Kent.
(d) Jackie Smolders.
4. How does Mr. Healy respond to Jimmie's suggestion of why Healy won't provide the document?
(a) Healy punches Jimmie.
(b) Healy ignores Jimmie.
(c) Healy reports Jimmie to the police.
(d) Healy forgives Jimmie.
5. What does Jimmie go to the Department on Agriculture for?
(a) To get a leaflet about wood.
(b) To submit a work permit.
(c) To complain.
(d) To apply for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the church overseen by Rev. Neville?
2. Which direction does Jimmie go when he leaves Brentwood?
3. How many miles does Jimmie walk by noon in Chapter 5?
4. Why are the women appalled at Gilda in Chapter 7?
5. Who kills a white man in Verona?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gilda.
2. What are we told happened in 1891?
3. Toward the end of Chapter 2, what has Jimmie decided is the key to bettering his life?
4. Why might Jimmie have decided to drop the issue rather than argue with Healy about the quality of the fence?
5. Who do the Nevilles suggest Jimmie should attempt to marry, and why?
6. Why is Farrell satisfied with Jimmie?
7. What sort of work do Jimmie and Mort do?
8. How was Jimmie punished for Healy's dissatisfaction with the fence?
9. Why do Jimmie and Mort stop working for Claude Lewis?
10. How is Gilda doing since the birth?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)