|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farrell give Jimmie after he helps Farrell find Harry Edwards?
(a) A beating.
(b) A case of chewing tobacco.
(c) A recommendation.
(d) A small portion of a reward.
2. How was the birth of Gilda's baby?
(a) Easy and quick.
(b) Long and suspenseful.
3. Why is the initiation tooth given to Jimmie?
(a) For Jimmie to wear around his neck.
(b) For Jimmie to keep safe.
(c) For Jimmie to give to Gilda.
(d) For Jimmie to bury.
4. What job does Jimmie tell Wongee Tom he wants to get?
(a) Cattle- herding.
(c) Sheep sheering.
(d) Coal digging.
5. Who kills a white man in Verona?
(a) Jimmie Blacksmith.
(b) Claude Lewis.
(c) Tabidgi Jackie Smolders.
(d) Harry Edwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Newby tell Gilda she can have the baby?
2. Where is the church overseen by Rev. Neville?
3. What does Lewis threaten to do if he finds fault with Jimmie's work?
4. Who has Jimmie Blacksmith married?
5. What does Healy insist Jimmie do by the next morning, after their argument?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Jimmie have decided to drop the issue rather than argue with Healy about the quality of the fence?
2. Why is Mr. Newby angry at Jimmie and what does he do about it?
3. Why was Healy unhappy with the fence Jimmie built?
4. Why is Jimmie awakened one night by someone in Verona?
5. What sort of work do Jimmie and Mort do?
6. In Jimmie's case, what does it mean to be a "half-breed?"
7. Why do Jimmie and Mort stop working for Claude Lewis?
8. Why does Jimmie think that it will be good to work for the police?
9. What does Miss Graf do to help Gilda and how does Gilda react?
10. Why does Jimmie leave home after only staying there for two days?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)