|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy know after seeing the baby?
(a) He will love it forever.
(b) The baby is not his.
(c) The baby is larger than expected.
(d) The baby has his eyes.
2. Who is Wongee Tom Carstairs?
(a) Jimmie's mentor.
(b) Jimmie's co-worker.
(c) A relative of Jimmie's.
(d) Jimmie's friend.
3. Who hires Jimmy to make a forest fence?
(a) An American farmer.
(b) An Irish farmer.
(c) A Welsh farmer.
(d) A German farmer.
4. In Chapter 7, what does Jimmie tell his relatives he does not have?
(b) A soul.
5. How deep is the grave that Jimmie digs for the white man?
(a) 5 feet deep.
(b) 3 feet deep.
(c) 2 feet deep.
(d) 6 feet deep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Healys do when they later pass Jimmie on the road?
2. What is Jimmie afraid that Farrell will do after he leaves work?
3. What does Farrell give Jimmie after he helps Farrell find Harry Edwards?
4. What complaint does Healy have about the fence?
5. In the years following his initiation, what does Jimmie question?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Farrell satisfied with Jimmie?
2. Who do the Nevilles suggest Jimmie should attempt to marry, and why?
3. Why was Healy unhappy with the fence Jimmie built?
4. What are we told happened in 1891?
5. Why do Jimmie and Mort stop working for Claude Lewis?
6. Why might Jimmie have decided to drop the issue rather than argue with Healy about the quality of the fence?
7. Why does Tabidgi Jackie Smolders visit Jimmie?
8. Why does Jimmie think that it will be good to work for the police?
9. What is the significance of Jimmie's initiation tooth?
10. What does Miss Graf do to help Gilda and how does Gilda react?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)