Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is Jimmie doing at the same time as the sweeper position?
(a) Painting barns.
(b) Milking cows.
(c) Helping a cook.
2. What year do Jimmie and Mort return to Brentwood?
3. Who does Lewis not trust?
4. What does Farrell begin to do after Harry Edwards is caught?
5. Which direction does Jimmie go when he leaves Brentwood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morton often do?
2. What does Lewis threaten to do if he finds fault with Jimmie's work?
3. What results from Jimmie's Saturday night out with Wongee Tom?
4. What does the postmaster's son reveal to Jimmie and the constable?
5. How was the birth of Gilda's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Pilbarra Camp?
2. How does Rev. Neville feel about the events of the novel?
3. Who are the Nevilles and what is their role in Jimmie's life?
4. Why does Jimmie attack the women?
5. Why does Jimmie quit his job with the police?
6. Why does Jimmie leave home after only staying there for two days?
7. What does Rev. Neville tell his wife in Chapter 10, and why does he tell her this?
8. According to Mr. Newby, why does he stop giving the Blacksmiths' groceries?
9. Who does Jimmie fall in love with in Chapter 2?
10. Why is Farrell satisfied with Jimmie?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)