|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the women appalled at Gilda in Chapter 7?
(a) Gilda has given the baby a black name.
(b) Gilda has left the baby in the care of blacks.
(c) Gilda does not know how to read.
(d) Gilda refuses to bathe the baby.
2. Who is Miss Petra Graf?
(a) Mr.Newby's mistress.
(b) The schoolmistress.
(c) Farrell's wife-to-be.
(d) A friend of Gilda's.
3. What country is Claude Lewis from?
4. What does Jimmie do with his police uniform?
(a) Jimmie gives it to Mort.
(b) Jimmie returns it.
(c) Jimmie burns it.
(d) Jimmie throws it in the forest.
5. What does Healy insist Jimmie do by the next morning, after their argument?
(a) Return his tools.
(b) Finish the fence.
(d) Leave his property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farrell give Jimmie after he helps Farrell find Harry Edwards?
2. When Jimmie disappeared from the camp in 1891, what did his mother think happened to him?
3. What does Jimmy know after seeing the baby?
4. What is Jimmie afraid that Farrell will do after he leaves work?
5. Which direction does Jimmie go when he leaves Brentwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Jimmie punished for Healy's dissatisfaction with the fence?
2. Why is Gilda glad that she will be able to give birth in the main house?
3. What does Miss Graf do to help Gilda and how does Gilda react?
4. How is Gilda doing since the birth?
5. Why does Jimmie leave home after only staying there for two days?
6. Why does Jimmie think that it will be good to work for the police?
7. Why is Farrell satisfied with Jimmie?
8. What is Jimmie's impression of Mrs. Healy?
9. What sort of work do Jimmie and Mort do?
10. Who does Jimmie fall in love with in Chapter 2?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)