|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is Claude Lewis from?
2. What is unique about Jimmie's heritage?
(a) He is half aborigine, half Chinese.
(b) He is white but raised by aboriginals.
(c) He is half white, half aborigine.
(d) He is black but raised by white people.
3. What does Jimmie do with his police uniform?
(a) Jimmie gives it to Mort.
(b) Jimmie returns it.
(c) Jimmie throws it in the forest.
(d) Jimmie burns it.
4. What does Jimmie tell the contractor after the contractor tries to short-change him?
(a) He is marrying Gilda and she is pregnant.
(b) He is marrying Gilda and she likes to shop.
(c) He is marrying Gilda and he has four months to live.
(d) He is marrying Gilda and she has many debts.
5. Where did Jimmie get married?
(a) In the forest.
(b) An Anglican church.
(c) A Catholic church.
(d) A Methodist church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie Smolders carry with him on his trip to Wallah?
2. What job does Jimmie tell Wongee Tom he wants to get?
3. What does the kitchen maid, Gilda, look like?
4. What is Jimmie afraid that Farrell will do after he leaves work?
5. When Jimmie disappeared from the camp in 1891, what did his mother think happened to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gilda glad that she will be able to give birth in the main house?
2. What are we told happened in 1891?
3. Why does Jimmie quit his job with the police?
4. What does Mrs. Newby do for Gilda?
5. What does Miss Graf do to help Gilda and how does Gilda react?
6. Why might Jimmie have decided to drop the issue rather than argue with Healy about the quality of the fence?
7. Why does Tabidgi Jackie Smolders visit Jimmie?
8. Toward the end of Chapter 2, what has Jimmie decided is the key to bettering his life?
9. How is Gilda doing since the birth?
10. Describe Gilda.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)