|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jimmie and Mort do one morning because of Lewis's treatment of them?
(a) Jimmie and Mort kill Lewis.
(b) Jimmie and Mort burn Lewis' farm down.
(c) Jimmie and Mort steal Lewis' stash.
(d) Jimmie and Mort walk away.
2. What is unique about Jimmie's heritage?
(a) He is half white, half aborigine.
(b) He is black but raised by white people.
(c) He is white but raised by aboriginals.
(d) He is half aborigine, half Chinese.
3. When Tabidgi Jack Smolders sees Jimmie in Chapter 7, what does he do?
4. Where does The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith take place?
(a) New Zealand.
5. Who is Peter?
(a) Jimmie's father.
(b) Jimmie's cousin.
(c) Jimmie's brother.
(d) Jimmie's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Healy respond to Jimmie's suggestion of why Healy won't provide the document?
2. Who has Jimmie Blacksmith married?
3. What does Newby give Jimmie when Gilda arrives?
4. When Jimmie disappeared from the camp in 1891, what did his mother think happened to him?
5. For what reason does Jimmie suggests Healy won't provide him with the document?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jimmie tell Farrell what he knew about Harry Edwards?
2. What does Mrs. Newby do for Gilda?
3. Why does Tabidgi Jackie Smolders visit Jimmie?
4. What does Rev. Neville tell his wife in Chapter 10, and why does he tell her this?
5. What does Mr. Newby do that is just like Jimmie's previous employers?
6. How is Gilda doing since the birth?
7. What does Dowie mean when he says that he has become a figure of sentiment that must be maintained?
8. Why does Jimmie quit his job with the police?
9. Why is Mr. Newby angry at Jimmie and what does he do about it?
10. What do the brothers do to trick the men chasing them?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)