|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Healy holding when Jimmie enters the house?
(a) Knitting needles.
(b) A gun.
(c) A baby.
(d) A basket.
2. Who arrives at the Newby home on Monday morning?
(a) Dowie Stead.
3. What did Mort and Jimmie leave at the camp?
(a) Food, blankets and Jimmie's initiation tooth.
(b) A map and flask.
(c) Their rifles.
(d) Their shoes, food and blankets.
4. Why is Mr. Newby tranced?
(a) His anger and hate for Jimmie are paralyzing him.
(b) He is traumatized from the attack.
(c) He has had too much Rum and Whisky.
(d) He has been injured in the attack.
5. What does Jimmie love doing?
(a) Hunting with his tribesmen.
(b) Walking in the rain.
(c) Discovering new trails.
(d) Living in the forest with his brother.
6. What is Jimmie concerned about telling Mort?
(a) That Jimmie stole from the Newby home.
(b) That Jimmie killed women.
(c) That Jimmie wants to separate.
(d) That they are lost.
7. What do Jimmie and Mort do after running from the police for one mile?
(a) Wade through water to avoid leaving tracks.
(b) Turn themselves in.
(c) Find shelter and go to sleep.
(d) Hide their rifles and climb a tree.
8. When Jimmie tells Tabidgi the problem, what does Tabidgi suggest?
(a) Magical revenge.
(b) Divine intervention.
(c) Supernatural interference.
(d) Spiritual forgiveness.
9. What has to happen before Mr. Hyberry can receive honors from the Premier?
(a) The brothers' victims must come back from the dead.
(b) The brothers must be exiled.
(c) The brothers must be tried in a court of law.
(d) The brothers must be caught and hung.
10. After the violence in Chapter 8, what does Jimmie realize?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is insane.
(c) He is incurable.
(d) He is immoral.
11. After Jimmie is injured, what does he eat?
(a) A carrot.
(b) A lemon.
12. Who does Jimmie begin to write a letter to?
(a) The police.
13. Where is Mr. Newby going to move?
(b) New Zealand.
14. What is mentioned in the newspapers that Jimmie finds?
(a) Mr.Newby has passed away.
(b) Peter is still at large.
(c) Gilda has been sentenced to life in prison.
(d) Tabidgi has been sentenced to death.
15. What do Jimmie and Mort see when they head towards Verona?
(a) A robbery.
(b) Mounted police.
(c) An abandoned barn.
(d) A village on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much labor has Jimmie still not been paid for by Mr. Newby in Chapter 8?
2. Why is Dowie more indecisive than ever?
3. Where does Jimmie suggest they put McCreadie?
4. What does Mort do in the morning in Chapter 11?
5. What evidence does Dowie find in the schoolteacher's house?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)