|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Hyberry do before the day of a hanging?
(a) Read a particular passage from the bible.
(b) Survey the man to be hung.
(d) Light a candle.
2. What does Tabidgi tell Mrs. Newby to give him and Jimmie?
3. Who does Mort know at the camp?
4. What does the old man ask Jimmie and Mort?
(a) If they are the Blacksmith brothers.
(b) If they are planning on robbing him.
(c) If they are travelling salesmen.
(d) If they are in need of shelter.
5. What do preachers do following the murders?
(a) Hold an over the top funeral for the victims.
(b) Ask the public to pray for Jimmie's capture.
(c) Join the police in their pursuit.
(d) Spread the news in their services.
6. How does the newly passed bill affect Jimmie and Mort?
(a) A reward will be given if they are found dead or alive.
(b) Jimmie and Mort are considered extremely dangerous.
(c) People have the right to shoot the brothers.
(d) Jimmie and Mort are not allowed on Australian soil.
7. What do Jimmie and Mort see when they head towards Verona?
(a) Mounted police.
(b) A village on fire.
(c) An abandoned barn.
(d) A robbery.
8. Where does a bullet strike Jimmie?
9. What do Mort and Jimmie reach by midday in Chapter 11?
(a) A cave.
(b) A village.
(c) A camp.
(d) Some water.
10. What direction are the brothers going in in Chapter 13?
11. After Jimmie is injured, what does he eat?
(a) A lemon.
(d) A carrot.
12. Where is Gilda released from custody?
13. In Chapter 13, what do Dowie and Dud read an article about?
(a) The Boer war.
(b) Jimmie and Mort Blacksmith.
(c) Tabidgi's sentencing.
(d) Racial relations in Australia.
14. After the Healys' attack, where do Mort and Jimmie go?
(a) Verona Camp.
(b) Kaluah Camp.
(c) Pilbarra Camp.
(d) Mungindi Camp.
15. What does McCreadie tell Jimmie after they rebuild the holy place?
(a) Mort is sick.
(b) Jimmie and Mort must hide at the holy place.
(c) Jimmie must leave Mort.
(d) Mort cannot last as long as Jimmie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hut do Jimmie and Mort walk nearly twenty-five miles to reach?
2. Where is Mr. Newby going to move?
3. What is the holy place shaped like?
4. What do McCreadie and Mort argue about?
5. What does the schoolteacher show the brothers?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)