|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dowie and Dud go after reading the article?
(a) The police station.
(b) The general store.
(c) A bar.
(d) A nearby farm.
2. After the violence in Chapter 8, what does Jimmie realize?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is immoral.
(c) He is insane.
(d) He is incurable.
3. Why is Dowie more indecisive than ever?
(a) Dowie is tired of chasing the brothers all over Australia.
(b) Dowie is afraid he will be the Blacksmith brothers' next victim.
(c) Dowie has forgotten the relief he felt over Miss Graf's death.
(d) Dowie knows that Jimmie and Mort know the terrain more than he does.
4. What does Jimmie finally tell Mort in Chapter 11?
(a) Tabidgi has been captured.
(b) He is not related to Mort.
(c) Gilda's baby is not his.
(d) He killed the Newby women.
5. What do Jimmie and Mort see when they head towards Verona?
(a) A village on fire.
(b) An abandoned barn.
(c) A robbery.
(d) Mounted police.
6. What do Jimmie and Mort drop along the way during their escape?
(a) A map.
(c) Jimmie's initiation tooth.
7. What is Mr. Newby doing when Jimmie and Tabidgi visit?
(a) Rolling hay.
(b) Riding a horse.
(c) Bagging wheat.
(d) Catching a chicken.
8. What does Mrs. Newby say before she dies?
(a) Tabidgi and Jimmie attacked her equally.
(b) Tabidgi injured her the most.
(c) Jimmie had nothing to do with the attack.
(d) Jimmie attacked her and Tabidgi tried to stop him.
9. What is Jimmie concerned about telling Mort?
(a) That Jimmie stole from the Newby home.
(b) That Jimmie wants to separate.
(c) That Jimmie killed women.
(d) That they are lost.
10. What does Jimmie read after breaking into a schoolteacher's home?
(a) Some letters.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) A grocery list.
(d) A school textbook.
11. What does Mr. Hyberry tell Ted he would never do?
(a) Pursue a killer.
(b) Hang a woman.
(c) Forgive Jimmie.
(d) Pray for a murderer.
12. In Chapter 13, where do Dowie and Dud decide to go?
13. According to the brothers, which is the best day to loot houses?
14. Who arrives at the Newby home on Monday morning?
(b) Dowie Stead.
15. Where does Jimmie suggest they put McCreadie?
(a) On a farmer's veranda.
(b) By the river.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) Near a camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dowie arrive at the Healy's?
2. Where does Jimmie find some newspapers?
3. Who wakes up Mort in Chapter 14?
4. Why is there a particularly good day to loot houses?
5. When Jimmie tells Tabidgi the problem, what does Tabidgi suggest?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)