|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the initiation tooth given to Jimmie?
(a) For Jimmie to bury.
(b) For Jimmie to give to Gilda.
(c) For Jimmie to keep safe.
(d) For Jimmie to wear around his neck.
2. In the years following his initiation, what does Jimmie question?
(a) His family.
(b) His place in the world.
(c) His heritage.
(d) His tribal manhood.
3. How does Mr. Healy respond to Jimmie's suggestion of why Healy won't provide the document?
(a) Healy ignores Jimmie.
(b) Healy forgives Jimmie.
(c) Healy punches Jimmie.
(d) Healy reports Jimmie to the police.
4. What kinds of blacks does the constable like?
(a) Blacks who are good at math.
(b) Blacks who show talent.
(c) Blacks who work hard.
(d) Blacks who can read.
5. Who is Wongee Tom Carstairs?
(a) Jimmie's mentor.
(b) Jimmie's co-worker.
(c) Jimmie's friend.
(d) A relative of Jimmie's.
6. For what reason does Jimmie suggests Healy won't provide him with the document?
(a) Healy is racist.
(b) Healy is immoral.
(c) Healy is illiterate.
(d) Healy is stingy.
7. How does Jimmie find Harry Edwards when he returns to work?
(a) Sleeping in the corner of Farrell's office.
(b) Hiding under the bed in his cell.
(c) Praying by the bed of his cell.
(d) Hanging from the roof of his cell.
8. What is Jimmie afraid that Farrell will do after he leaves work?
(a) Leave the candles lit.
(b) Get lost on the way home.
(c) Hurt Harry Edwards.
(d) Leave the door unlocked.
9. What is unique about Jimmie's heritage?
(a) He is white but raised by aboriginals.
(b) He is half aborigine, half Chinese.
(c) He is black but raised by white people.
(d) He is half white, half aborigine.
10. What does Newby give Jimmie when Gilda arrives?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A raise.
(c) More blankets and candles.
(d) A horse for Gilda to ride on.
11. How was the birth of Gilda's baby?
(a) Easy and quick.
(b) Long and suspenseful.
12. Who hires Jimmy to make a forest fence?
(a) A Welsh farmer.
(b) An Irish farmer.
(c) A German farmer.
(d) An American farmer.
13. What do members of Jimmie's totem begin to associate fencing and similar tasks with?
(b) Rising social status.
(c) White people.
(d) Sums of money.
14. What does Jackie Smolders carry with him on his trip to Wallah?
(a) A lock of Jimmie's hair.
(b) A magic twig.
(c) Jimmie's initiation tooth.
(d) A bag of Jimmie's belongings.
15. Where does Miss Petra Graf live?
(a) With Farrell.
(b) At the Newby's house.
(c) Next door to Jimmie and Gilda.
(d) With Jimmie and Gilda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mort gain a reputation as?
2. What country is Claude Lewis from?
3. In Chapter 7, what does Jimmie tell his relatives he does not have?
4. What do the police give Jimmie at his new job?
5. Who is Morton?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)