|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Wongee Tom Carstairs?
(a) Jimmie's co-worker.
(b) A relative of Jimmie's.
(c) Jimmie's friend.
(d) Jimmie's mentor.
2. What do Jimmie and the others carry the dead man from Verona in?
(a) A rug,
(b) A blanket.
(c) A cart.
(d) A wagon.
3. What is Tabidgi's "white" name?
(a) Robert Kent.
(b) Jackie Smolders.
(c) Albert Finnie.
(d) Freddie Munch.
4. What do the Healys do when they later pass Jimmie on the road?
(a) Avert their eyes.
(b) Wave to Jimmie.
(c) Threaten Jimmie.
(d) Spit on Jimmie.
5. How was the birth of Gilda's baby?
(b) Long and suspenseful.
(c) Easy and quick.
6. Where does Miss Petra Graf live?
(a) With Farrell.
(b) With Jimmie and Gilda.
(c) Next door to Jimmie and Gilda.
(d) At the Newby's house.
7. What country is Claude Lewis from?
8. What complaint does Healy have about the fence?
(a) The fence posts are misplaced.
(b) The fence is too short.
(c) The fence isn't sturdy enough.
(d) The fence is crooked.
9. What job does Jimmie tell Wongee Tom he wants to get?
(a) Coal digging.
(b) Sheep sheering.
(d) Cattle- herding.
10. What results from Jimmie's Saturday night out with Wongee Tom?
(a) Jimmie injures himself.
(b) Jimmie makes a new friend.
(c) Jimmie meets a girl.
(d) Jimmie gets arrested.
11. Who was concerned for Jimmie in his absence from the camp?
(c) Rev. Neville.
12. What do Jimmie and Mort do one morning because of Lewis's treatment of them?
(a) Jimmie and Mort kill Lewis.
(b) Jimmie and Mort walk away.
(c) Jimmie and Mort burn Lewis' farm down.
(d) Jimmie and Mort steal Lewis' stash.
13. How much money does Healy pay Jimmie for building the fence?
(a) Less that what was agreed to.
(c) Just enough to cover supply expenses.
(d) The agreed amount, plus tip.
14. Where did Jimmie get married?
(a) An Anglican church.
(b) In the forest.
(c) A Methodist church.
(d) A Catholic church.
15. How is Mr. Healy dressed when Jimmie sees him in the morning in Chapter 3?
(a) Mr. Healy is dressed for church.
(b) Mr. Healy is dressed slovenly.
(c) Mr. Healy is wearing overalls.
(d) Mr. Healy is dressed for a funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it at the beginning of the novel?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Jimmie tell his relatives he does not have?
3. Who does Lewis not trust?
4. Who kills a white man in Verona?
5. What is Jimmie afraid that Farrell will do after he leaves work?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)