|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year do Jimmie and Mort return to Brentwood?
2. Who is Miss Petra Graf?
(a) Farrell's wife-to-be.
(b) Mr.Newby's mistress.
(c) A friend of Gilda's.
(d) The schoolmistress.
3. According to Tabidgi, what has Jimmie done by marrying a white woman?
(a) Raised his social standing.
(b) Broken the tribal marriage pattern.
(c) Ruined his life.
(d) Achieved greatness.
4. What does Jackie Smolders carry with him on his trip to Wallah?
(a) A bag of Jimmie's belongings.
(b) A magic twig.
(c) A lock of Jimmie's hair.
(d) Jimmie's initiation tooth.
5. Why are the women appalled at Gilda in Chapter 7?
(a) Gilda does not know how to read.
(b) Gilda has left the baby in the care of blacks.
(c) Gilda has given the baby a black name.
(d) Gilda refuses to bathe the baby.
6. Who does Gilda fear and hate?
(b) Tabidgi Jackie Smolders.
7. Where is the church overseen by Rev. Neville?
8. Who do the Nevilles encourage Jimmie to marry for the sake of his future children?
(a) A nice white girl.
(b) The woman he loves.
(c) A woman with wealth.
(d) A nice aboriginal girl.
9. Who is Peter?
(a) Jimmie's cousin.
(b) Jimmie's brother.
(c) Jimmie's father.
(d) Jimmie's nephew.
10. For what reason does Jimmie suggests Healy won't provide him with the document?
(a) Healy is stingy.
(b) Healy is racist.
(c) Healy is immoral.
(d) Healy is illiterate.
11. What do Jimmie and the others carry the dead man from Verona in?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A cart.
(c) A rug,
(d) A wagon.
12. Who has Jimmie Blacksmith married?
(a) A white woman.
(b) A childhood friend.
(c) An aborigine woman.
(d) A distant cousin.
13. Where does Jimmie go to arrange his marriage?
(a) The Synagogue.
(b) The Anglican Church.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Methodist Church.
14. What does Mort gain a reputation as?
(a) A horse whisperer.
(b) A horse killer.
(c) A horse breeder.
(d) A horse breaker.
15. Why does Jimmie go to Verona?
(a) To attend a party.
(b) To visit family.
(c) To work.
(d) To meet a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmie think of Mrs Healy?
2. What job does Jimmie tell Wongee Tom he wants to get?
3. What do the Healys do when they later pass Jimmie on the road?
4. Who brings Jimmie his initiation tooth?
5. How deep is the grave that Jimmie digs for the white man?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)