|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Jimmie tell Wongee Tom he wants to get?
(b) Sheep sheering.
(c) Cattle- herding.
(d) Coal digging.
2. What does Lewis threaten to do if he finds fault with Jimmie's work?
(a) Cutback Jimmie's workload.
(b) Fire Jimmie.
(c) Beat Jimmie.
(d) Cut Jimmie's wages.
3. What happens to Jimmie shortly after running into Wongee Tom?
(a) Jimmie returns to Brentwood.
(b) Jimmie gets a job.
(c) Jimmie falls in love with a passing girl.
(d) Jimmie breaks his leg.
4. What year do Jimmie and Mort return to Brentwood?
5. When Jimmie disappeared from the camp in 1891, what did his mother think happened to him?
(a) He was eaten by a boar.
(b) He was taken in by a white family.
(c) He was swallowed by a great lizard.
(d) He ran away from home.
6. What did Jimmie say he had been doing in his absence?
(a) Studying the stars.
(c) Catching possums.
(d) Watching the sun set and rise.
7. Where did Jimmie get married?
(a) A Catholic church.
(b) An Anglican church.
(c) In the forest.
(d) A Methodist church.
8. How does Jimmie's progress with the fence go?
(a) He finishes early.
(b) He doesn't finish at all.
(c) He finishes two days late.
(d) He finishes on time.
9. Why does the minister's wife think Jimmie is cutting down wood?
(a) To steal wood.
(b) To kill time.
(c) To impress the minister.
(d) To earn money.
10. Where does Mrs. Newby tell Gilda she can have the baby?
(a) At the midwives' house.
(b) In Gilda's room.
(c) At the main house.
(d) At the hospital.
11. What year is it at the beginning of the novel?
12. What does Farrell begin to do after Harry Edwards is caught?
13. What do the Healys do when they later pass Jimmie on the road?
(a) Wave to Jimmie.
(b) Spit on Jimmie.
(c) Avert their eyes.
(d) Threaten Jimmie.
14. What kinds of blacks does the constable like?
(a) Blacks who show talent.
(b) Blacks who can read.
(c) Blacks who work hard.
(d) Blacks who are good at math.
15. Who hires Jimmy to make a forest fence?
(a) An American farmer.
(b) A Welsh farmer.
(c) An Irish farmer.
(d) A German farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the years following his initiation, what does Jimmie question?
2. According to Tabidgi, what has Jimmie done by marrying a white woman?
3. Why are the women appalled at Gilda in Chapter 7?
4. Who is Miss Petra Graf?
5. What does Jimmie think of Mrs Healy?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)