|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which direction does Jimmie go when he leaves Brentwood?
2. How is Mr. Healy dressed when Jimmie sees him in the morning in Chapter 3?
(a) Mr. Healy is dressed for a funeral.
(b) Mr. Healy is dressed slovenly.
(c) Mr. Healy is wearing overalls.
(d) Mr. Healy is dressed for church.
3. What does Farrell give Jimmie after he helps Farrell find Harry Edwards?
(a) A case of chewing tobacco.
(b) A recommendation.
(c) A small portion of a reward.
(d) A beating.
4. What is Jimmie afraid that Farrell will do after he leaves work?
(a) Hurt Harry Edwards.
(b) Leave the door unlocked.
(c) Leave the candles lit.
(d) Get lost on the way home.
5. Where did Jimmie get married?
(a) A Methodist church.
(b) An Anglican church.
(c) In the forest.
(d) A Catholic church.
6. Who kills a white man in Verona?
(a) Claude Lewis.
(b) Jimmie Blacksmith.
(c) Tabidgi Jackie Smolders.
(d) Harry Edwards.
7. Who was concerned for Jimmie in his absence from the camp?
(c) Rev. Neville.
8. Why are the women appalled at Gilda in Chapter 7?
(a) Gilda has given the baby a black name.
(b) Gilda has left the baby in the care of blacks.
(c) Gilda does not know how to read.
(d) Gilda refuses to bathe the baby.
9. What does Jackie Smolders carry with him on his trip to Wallah?
(a) A magic twig.
(b) A lock of Jimmie's hair.
(c) A bag of Jimmie's belongings.
(d) Jimmie's initiation tooth.
10. In the years following his initiation, what does Jimmie question?
(a) His place in the world.
(b) His family.
(c) His heritage.
(d) His tribal manhood.
11. Who is Morton?
(a) Jimmie's uncle.
(b) Jimmie's half brother.
(c) Jimmie's boss.
(d) Jimmie's friend.
12. Why does Jimmy go with the Nevilles?
(a) Jimmie wants to distance himself from his family.
(b) The Nevilles are like family to Jimmie.
(c) Jimmie thinks the job might improve his status.
(d) Jimmie has nowhere else to go.
13. Why is the initiation tooth given to Jimmie?
(a) For Jimmie to bury.
(b) For Jimmie to give to Gilda.
(c) For Jimmie to wear around his neck.
(d) For Jimmie to keep safe.
14. What tribe does Jimmie belong to?
(a) The Kaluah Tribe.
(b) The Palbarra Tribe.
(c) The Mungindi Tribe.
(d) The Wallah Tribe.
15. How deep is the grave that Jimmie digs for the white man?
(a) 5 feet deep.
(b) 2 feet deep.
(c) 3 feet deep.
(d) 6 feet deep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr.Newby say he has stopped giving Jimmie and Gilda advances on groceries?
2. How does Jimmie deal with Healy's complaints?
3. How was the birth of Gilda's baby?
4. What role does Rev. Neville offer Jimmy at his new church?
5. What does Jimmie soon believe is the best way to bettering his life?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)